another freebie? Andrea Raggi (2 Viewers)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
"It is a matter of time, Juve would be in Serie A sooner or later. But if they want to return to their top level as usual, they've to strengthen their defence. In my opinion, Legrottaglie and Tudor should be sold, thanks to Brindelli who has been loyal to Juve but time has changed, Boumsong has done the job perfectly but it's time to search for a more suitable experience and finally Zebina, the irony is that the man has played in Juventus and Roma, despite not having anything special but there've been thousands of better defenders but thanks to Capello who gave him that rare chance" the commentator of our match against Verona said.

hes been really solid lately, he gets bad press in my eyes and hes a decent player
As you said, he's been solid lately and this means in Serie B. Even though, I still see that his most apparent feature is being clumsy.

We've won the scudetto twice with Zebina in our defence. When Grygera proves himself as better, I'll obviously trust him more.
Thanks to Buffon, Cannavaro, Zambrotta and Thuram. Even if there was the worst right back in Europe with such a back line, it would still be a very strong defence though. By the way, is Zebina a right back?

Because he is a solid player imo and he had some really good performances this season.
What is the benefit of having a soild defender who uses just his strength? The strange thing is that he thinks that he can take a more attacking role despite the fact that he hasn't got the skill or the view which can allow him to advance offensively plus his passing abilities are far below par; his crosses.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
As you said, he's been solid lately and this means in Serie B. Even though, I still see that his most apparent feature is being clumsy.

Thanks to Buffon, Cannavaro, Zambrotta and Thuram. Even if there was the worst right back in Europe with such a back line, it would still be a very strong defence though. By the way, is Zebina a right back?

What is the benefit of having a soild defender who uses just his strength? The strange thing is that he thinks that he can take a more attacking role despite the fact that he hasn't got the skill or the view which can allow him to advance offensively plus his passing abilities are far below par; his crosses.
i see what your saying as he is not a world class right back but we cant ask anything more than him other than to play well when he gets the chance, and he has done this so we cant expect any more of him, also zebina helped us to win those titles, whether or not he was the main reson is not the point, he still contributed and im vary grateful that he did!

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
i see what your saying as he is not a world class right back but we cant ask anything more than him other than to play well when he gets the chance, and he has done this so we cant expect any more of him, also zebina helped us to win those titles, whether or not he was the main reson is not the point, he still contributed and im vary grateful that he did!
I'm not saying that he didn't share in the previous couple of seasons, but our back line could have been the same if he was replaced by a below-average back.

Of course, we can't ask him to perform more than his maximum capabilities, and here comes the management's role. In my opinion, the best solutions are either using him as a backup just for a centre back or selling him if there is a good offer.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
He is a good rotational player and at least we can reward him by playing him occasionally next season. He did make a sacrifice by staying in Serie B and he did have several very good games this season which means he can do good if he wants to. I see him as a solid cb rather than a rb as you previously said, especially if he is partnered with a commanding cb. If we sell him, who will be our sub? We are not in a best situation and I think he is more reliable than Legro, Kovac, Tudor or Piccolo.

Another point is that from what I am hearing about Grygera doesn´t encourage me either as some of the members rate Zebina even better than Grygera.

So we should really keep him as he won´t bring good money into the bank and we would have to spend additional money to cover the defense holes.....

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #39
    so Raggi was good yesterday? Didn't watch the game, forgot there was Almiron too.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    He is a good rotational player and at least we can reward him by playing him occasionally next season. He did make a sacrifice by staying in Serie B and he did have several very good games this season which means he can do good if he wants to. I see him as a solid cb rather than a rb as you previously said, especially if he is partnered with a commanding cb. If we sell him, who will be our sub? We are not in a best situation and I think he is more reliable than Legro, Kovac, Tudor or Piccolo.

Another point is that from what I am hearing about Grygera doesn´t encourage me either as some of the members rate Zebina even better than Grygera.

So we should really keep him as he won´t bring good money into the bank and we would have to spend additional money to cover the defense holes.....
    This is what I said in my previous post, either as a backup for a centre back or to be sold. But, the second option should only be taken into consideration if we'd be offered some good money for him. Yes, if we keep him, we'll guarantee a solid backup, but we still have Criscito and Boumsong, whom I think won't play as starters in the next season.

Regarding Zebina's sacrifice to stay with us, as far as I know, he was one of the first group of players to announce that he wanted to leave in order not to ruin his career after tasting the top footballing level. I remember what he said in response to the media about his next destination if he left Juve, he declared his wish to join Capello in Madrid. Also, I don't know if you remember his misbehavior at the beginning of the season as a result of forcing him to stay in Turin, according to him too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)