Anime (5 Viewers)

OP
GordoDeCentral

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #81
    I enjoyed Watching Full metal Alchemist. It has a great storyline and many twists. you'll keep guessing until the end. If you like Mafia style shows, then Watch Gungrave as well.

I though Bepop was quite average in terms of plot. Had decent music and good animation, but I didn't like the pointless episodes, plot holes, unlikeable characters and quite uninteresting villain. Champloo is easily the superior show in my eyes.
    bebop is, by wide consensus, the best anime ever made. I really cant help you if your taste is for the mediocre :tongue:

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    I enjoyed Watching Full metal Alchemist. It has a great storyline and many twists. you'll keep guessing until the end. If you like Mafia style shows, then Watch Gungrave as well.
    Gungrave was a great short saga IMO. Kinda hard to get into if you don't watch from the beginning but its still greatness.

I though Bepop was quite average in terms of plot. Had decent music and good animation, but I didn't like the pointless episodes, plot holes, unlikeable characters and quite uninteresting villain. Champloo is easily the superior show in my eyes.
    No way, bebop was revolutionary in terms of a series. The original OVA's were loosely knit together for a reason. Keeping "Vicious" as the villain defined him as one of the coolest bad guys of all time. The music, animation and plot were excellent compared to other OVA's of that same time.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I pretty much seen every anime you mentionned in your round up except soul eater Lion ( you said its new, probably why, LOOONG since I tried a new series), good choices (agree in general except you bad mouthing the gem of gems in bebop).

Since its not mentionned, I would highly recommend Hunter X Hunter to EVERYONE (weirdly enough can be watched in youtube if one wants to try). Immense adventure series, with the most well done power system yet in anime world. Quite intriguing characters and world.

And sport anime is a niche of its own, but a series that branches from the genre and its just a general epic that puts Rocky to shame, its Hajime No Ippo.

P.S Gungrave was a really hardhitting mafia drama, really gritty and realistic. Lost its soul a bit later with the monsters etc, but it by far has one of the best flashbacks I have seen in a series.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    I have heard a lot about hunter x hunter. I was going to watch it a few months back, but decided to watch the quite disappointing Wolf's rain instead.

Yeah sports anime is alright, Slam dunk and Captain Tsubasa immediately spring to mind. I'll keep the series you mentioned in mind.

and yup, Gungrave's story is great. I liked the fact that the story took itself seriously and that there was none of that cheap anime humor in it. The story imo is perfectly paced, and despite not having any big twists, all the big moments come off well executed and climatic despite the fact the the series tells in advance what is going to happen through good paced build up. . It's also one of the only shows where it put tears in my eyes at the sad, yet oddly satisfying final showdown.

and yeah, I really recommend soul eater. It really has a unique animation style and weird yet colorful cast. I can't stop praising the humor. I'm not a guy who laughs often at Anime humor, yet the humor in this show had me laughing out loud, especially since it can be so sudden.

any more shows you'd recommend in the mold of Gungrave, Death Note and Samurai Champloo?

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    oh, and did anyone else find the "nameless monster" story, and the ending song in Monster to be extremely creepy? for some reason the "namless monster story" made the hair on my neck stand up. It was such a simple, yet subtly evil story that it takes you by surprise. And that ending song and the pictures that went with the show were just plain creepy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)