Angelo Alessio (3 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Kilmarnock Football Club is delighted to announce Angelo Alessio as the club's new manager.

Angelo has worked as Antonio Conte's assistant at Juventus, Chelsea FC and the Italian National Team.

✍️ https://t.co/nFXJbIbeY5 #Killie150 https://t.co/lcbaTkn9Yb
Wow, I fully expect him to be sacked by Christmas. The media here seem to hate foreign managers and will hound on him first chance they get.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Wow, I fully expect him to be sacked by Christmas. The media here seem to hate foreign managers and will hound on him first chance they get.
Keep us informed of his progress. If I could id even try to get a pic with him, he's a nice guy. Deserves a better club to be honest but I hope he gets some backing and does some damage.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Alessio: Conte said I was crazy!
By Football Italia staff

New Kilmarnock boss Angelo Alessio has revealed how Antonio Conte called him ‘crazy’ for turning down Inter.
Alessio was expected to be Conte’s assistant at Inter, having been his No 2 at Siena, Juventus and Chelsea, as well as with the Italian national team.
However, the 54-year-old has chosen to go it alone, taking the reins of Scottish side Kilmarnock.
“He told me I was crazy not to go but after eight years together the moment had arrived where you want more,” he was quoted as saying by The Telegraph.
“You want a new challenge and for that reason I told him of my desire to be my own manager.”
The former SPAL Coach was then asked about how he could better the achievements of predecessor Steve Clarke, who took Killie to third place in the Scottish Premiership and qualified them for the Europa League.
“I have to work more at Kilmarnock – not harder, but more. It will be the first time my team will play on a plastic pitch but it’s not important to me – the ball is the same.
“I spoke with a friend, Paolo Vanoli, who played in Scotland. He explained to me what type of football I would find here, but the Scottish Premiership is changing. Over the last five years I think it has improved.
“Of course, I have my own methods and some things will change. It may be more attacking. The most important thing is that every single player has to know my ideas and what they do on the pitch.”

--

Bravo Alessio, youve saved yourself from treason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)