Angelo Alessio (3 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Former midfielder. He played at Juventus in 1987-88, then went on loan to Bologna the following season, returning to Juve in 1989 and stayed until 1992. Scored 11 goals in 99 games.

In terms of his coaching career he was around the lower divisions as assistant and coach. Fellow southerner, Conte knew him from his Juve days and picked him up as assistant for Siena, then brought him back to Juve when he joined. So they both come full circle.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Oh great. So we have novice big clubs coach and novice big clubs assistant coach. The season looks as promising as ever.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Whoever named this guy should be shot. Just an awkward name with no ring to it.

But, I guess nothing goes together when you have a first name as your last.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I wonder how it works when the coach is red carded. He trains e team all thru the week, decides the line up and then the assistant shows up on match day. And I'm pretty damn sure, even there he is under orders with regards to substitutions unless there are unforeseen circumstances, the assistant coach really doesn't have much of a role in these situations IMO.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I wonder how it works when the coach is red carded. He trains e team all thru the week, decides the line up and then the assistant shows up on match day. And I'm pretty damn sure, even there he is under orders with regards to substitutions unless there are unforeseen circumstances, the assistant coach really doesn't have much of a role in these situations IMO.

:agree: The coach gives all the instructions by phone.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
This.

He'll probably try to look busy at the sidelines in order to motivate the team, but even that will be because Conte wants him to. His role is a minor one.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
@Cheese: Lol, no what I meant is, the assistant manager doesn't really have much of an individual responsibility in these situations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)