Angel Di Maria - AM RL/SS - Benfica (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009

Full name Ángel Fabián di María
Date of birth 14 February 1988 (1988-02-14) (age 22)
Place of birth Rosario, Argentina
Height 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)[1]
Playing position Winger

(Source. football-italia...http://www.football-italia.net/may7k.html)
Report: Juve sign Di Maria
Friday 7 May, 2010
Portuguese newspaper A Bola claims Juventus have signed Benfica's highly-rated attacking midfielder Angel Di Maria.

The 22-year-old Argentina international is widely regarded as one of the brightest talents in world football.

A Bola understands that Juventus have put together a deal worth €30m plus Tiago, the Portuguese midfielder who is currently on loan at Atletico Madrid.

However, the Turin Press isn't convinced by the story, especially for the sum of money involved and the fact Juventus already have players like Diego and Felipe Melo.

Last week, Argentine newspaper Ole also claimed that Real Madrid had already wrapped up a transfer for Di Maria ahead of this summer's transfer window.

Juventus' scouts have watched Di Maria on several occasions and Tuttosport believes that they have told the club's directors back in Turin that he is worth between €12m and €15m, nothing more.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
A Bola are BS merchants, not really worth starting a thread for their hyperbole.

And that prize is way too steep, Hazard would come cheaper then that, and I would prefer him anyways, even if Di Maria is a ridicolous winger.

OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #3
    My mates have been going on about this kid for many months...I have, unfortunately, little faith in this rpot, but still, it warm and right to dream, especially at the end o our poorest, mot painful to the heart season's for several centuries...take a peek at this, and imagine this playful wizard in black and white stripes...

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    Go for it! We need a top class winger cause obviously thats the way to become a good team these days(Messi, Cristiano, Robben and Ribery).

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #6
    its a fantasy, Suns...though I would be madly happy if it were true...Osman, when we have popular threads in this forum about Benzema and Dzeko, I do see a need for this topic.

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #7
    The part of the report on FI, which doesn't make any logical sense is this:
    'However, the Turin Press isn't convinced by the story, especially for the sum of money involved and the fact Juventus already have players like Diego and Felipe Melo. '

Shocking journalism. More worthy of goal than FI.

How does the fact that we have two brazillians...(one an offensive centrally based midfielder, who cost a bomb, but has had an indifferent first season in italy, the other, a brazilian national team mainstay, central box to box midfielder, who has proven a shadow of his former fiorentina and current brazil self, in juve colours)...make any difference to our interest in Di Maria???

Because we already have a potentially wicked AM, and a potentially wicked CM, we would obviously not be interested in a wonderfully talented winger??? Such logic is the realm of goblins, not humans.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Yeah thats typical BS.

But yeah bottomline is, if he isnt too overpriced and we can get him over the other top clubs, I would surely welcome him with a smile. But I would welcome this guy with a bear hug :D

May 21, 2008
    If this news comes to be true (with a probability of 1%) then i will hang myself , i will be happier than i could ever handle . its really BS and just looking at the price tag and the current squad that need 5-6 players at starting place , just don't make any sense to me .

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #10
    I had assumed that he would be going to real madrid...OR man city. but I highly doubt a young argie, with the world at his feet would find the allure of Money, moe enticing than the prestige of joining Juve, and helping them back to the top of the game as a whole. That may seem naive to some of you...but we can pay him very well. he is 22. portugal to manchester is very different culturelly to portugal to turin. Other portuguese speaking team-mates, in melo, diego, amauri...

i have not seen a left foot so sublime, since maradona.

the signing would make sense.to any team with aspirations of serious success.

di maria IN...a left back, right back, centre back IN...with trez, zebina, tiago, grosso, amauri, molinaro, Camo OUT.. maybe one of Melo and Momo and Poulsen OUT..

we change to 4-4-2...with a diamnond. Marchisio in front of the defence, with diego in front of him...di maria to the left, Candreva to the right...Little giovinco with iaquinta up front. Buffon fit and happy. Kjaer next to chiellini...

possible.

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
    I had assumed that he would be going to real madrid...OR man city. but I highly doubt a young argie, with the world at his feet would find the allure of Money, moe enticing than the prestige of joining Juve, and helping them back to the top of the game as a whole. That may seem naive to some of you...but we can pay him very well. he is 22. portugal to manchester is very different culturelly to portugal to turin. Other portuguese speaking team-mates, in melo, diego, amauri...

i have not seen a left foot so sublime, since maradona.

the signing would make sense.to any team with aspirations of serious success.

di maria IN...a left back, right back, centre back IN...with trez, zebina, tiago, grosso, amauri, molinaro, Camo OUT.. maybe one of Melo and Momo and Poulsen OUT..

we change to 4-4-2...with a diamnond. Marchisio in front of the defence, with diego in front of him...di maria to the left, Candreva to the right...Little giovinco with iaquinta up front. Buffon fit and happy. Kjaer next to chiellini...

possible.
    M
    E
    S
    S
    I
    ?

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009

possible.
    i'd rather play:

rb-cb-Awesome juve legend-lb

Marchisio - Melo

Camo/Candreva - Diego - Di Maria

Amauri (preferably someone else, but prob not affordable.)

We should keep Gio bc he could play all position in the om. Candreva can fall back for Marchisio and we would not need craz attacking full backs.

May 21, 2008
    i'd rather play:

Marchisio - Melo

Camo/Candreva - Diego - Di Maria

Amauri (preferably someone else, but prob not affordable.)

We should keep Gio bc he could play all position in the om. Candreva can fall back for Marchisio and we would not need craz attacking full backs.
    but di maria could play anywhere

Marchisio - Melo

Di Maria/Candreva - Diego - Gio/Candreva

Shitmauri (preferably someone else, but prob not affordable.)

OP
    Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #20
    indeed, the argies speak spanish...nevermind eh! its still exciting news. Trez likely speaks spastic, and diego and melo could bridge the divide soon enough, camo obviously...but i have trez and camo leaving...fuck...keep camo, as translator..and Trez, as Di Maria's new best friend.

Yes...I 'forgot' Messi...conveniently. Perhaps because he is impossible to consider...other than a barca God..who we likely look like Hell to presently.

I also prefer the 4-2-3-1...wasn't aware that di maria could play anywhere across the offensive line...More solid...and with a winger like di maria. and candreva/diego/giovinco all developing in the other two offensive midfield postions...marchisio and one of melo/momo/poulsen...iaquinta in attack.

yes, new fullbacks would need not be world class...just safe...as we would have enough in offence without them needing to play as left and right wingers as well as fullbacks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)