Android (15 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I am greatly dissapointed about the non changes nougat has brought, after the non existent change we saw with all the 6.0 variations. So after 2 years of nothibg, i expect nothing anymore... Pixel prices are crazy in Greece, they go above 1000euros surpassing even the iphone 7 plus!
It almost feels like Google has lost the plot...

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
My windows phone is slowly dying on me, so i got myself a Axon 7, pretty impressed with what you get for that little money (€280,-) Music sounds great on that thing, camera records 4k as well. Of course i already installed the microsoft launcher, Bing and Edge @Dru.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
My windows phone is slowly dying on me, so i got myself a Axon 7, pretty impressed with what you get for that little money (€280,-) Music sounds great on that thing, camera records 4k as well. Of course i already installed the microsoft launcher, Bing and Edge @Dru.
gonna try an axon 7 tomorrow as a music player. it has a dedicated dac and amp, so it's supposed to sound better with headphones than my current, already above average phone. what i don't like is the fingerprint scanner on the back and the on-screen navigation keys, but in case it sounds good i'm in.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
You were rockin a Windows phone all this while? :lol: Well, welcome to 2018.
It did just fine. It's all about what you need your phone for really. No need for expensive shit like iphones or galaxys if you only use it for whatsapp, browsing tuz and youtube. Except for if you wanna carry it around as status symbol that is.

- - - Updated - - -

gonna try an axon 7 tomorrow as a music player. it has a dedicated dac and amp, so it's supposed to sound better with headphones than my current, already above average phone. what i don't like is the fingerprint scanner on the back and the on-screen navigation keys, but in case it sounds good i'm in.
It really sounds great with that Dolby Atmos thing they've going on. The Front facing speakers sound pretty good too when watching vids. Overall just a great piece of hardware for very little money. Camera shoots RAW :tup:

Apr 15, 2006
It did just fine. It's all about what you need your phone for really. No need for expensive shit like iphones or galaxys if you only use it for whatsapp, browsing tuz and youtube. Except for if you wanna carry it around as status symbol that is.
Don't care about the status symbol. Just wanted a great looking phone that wasn't running stock Android. And the display and design on the S9 is just :sheik:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I'm slowly starting to look for a new phone, does anyone know a low-medium budget phone (around 150-300 euros) that's good for the price, is tough enough to endure bad ownership and has a decent audio system?

In my experience Huawei lite versions are great in terms of endurance and quality/price ratio (my current 2 yo Huawei P8 lite is literally bent and screen is crashed from falling from bicycle and sliding on asphalt, but somehow it miraculously still works half a year later), but their audio system leaves a lot to be desired, I use an app (SW) to improve the sound, but I'd like my next phone to have better audio quality for listening to music. Don't give a crap about how many cameras it has.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
OT, but did you try out the Axon 7? @s4tch
i did, and it sounds terrific for a smartphone. it's got plenty of power to drive less sensitive iem's, it can replace cheaper dap's with ease. we had a meeting with a couple of iem loving friends, and there were a couple of dap's available for comparison. a cowon plenue 1 sounds obviously much cleaner, with bigger soundstage and with a lot more analog-like sound, so obviously it can't compete with a $700 dap. but in a direct comparison with a fiio x5-iii and a shanling m1, the 7 did great. considering it's mainly a phone with an added feature of a well-made audio circuit, boy, it's awesome as a music player.

it also has a nice oled screen, good sounding speakers for a phone, and is pretty fast by today's standards. i prefer the fingerprint reader on the front of the phone, the navigation keys should be backlit, and it's just a tiny bit bulky for my taste (i mostly wear tight jeans/trousers, so when it comes to phones, the smaller/thinner, the better), still, my first impressions were very positive. i also like the lineage os support. being a 2-year-old model, it should be outdated, still, i'd probably pick this one over most current midrange phones.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:tup:

It still holds up very well against new phones, especially against those with around the same pricetag.

Of course you can get something better, in the end it's all about what YOU need, but for me it does all i need it to do. Camera and Audio is great and it runs smooth. That's all i'm asking for.

It runs the latest android version i think, and knowing ZTE it will get an update for the next version too.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
So I'm considering upgrading from s8

My options are s9/s9+ or Google pixel 3

Is the pixel 3 worth it?
If you use things like Samsung Pay, then get the S9. Otherwise get the Pixel. No bloat, fast software and great Camera. The only issue is that both the 3 and 3XL are bland devices to look at. The 3XL is actually hideous.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
S9 isn't really much different than the S8.

That's why the sells were so low.

I'd wait for the S10 if I were you, only 3 months away.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.ga...le-phones/Google-Pixel-3-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S9

Not a lot of difference asides from you get more screen coverage on the Samsung. The OS is older than the Google. And the Samsung has expandable memory unlike like the Google pixel amongst a few other differences

Personally I'd go with the Samsung
If you use things like Samsung Pay, then get the S9. Otherwise get the Pixel. No bloat, fast software and great Camera. The only issue is that both the 3 and 3XL are bland devices to look at. The 3XL is actually hideous.
I had the s8 and upgraded to the pixel 2xl. I like it. No bloat and timely upgrades.

Thanks guys! Decided to go pixel 3
Dont like the look of the xl

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

This was the reason I wasn't excited about it, wanted that new phone feeling :D

I still use nova launcher, should I? Or is the Google stock launcher better? Can I still customise icons with the stock launcher?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)