Android (12 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
and here, too

btw i find it very hard to pick any flagship without reservations. the xiaomi mi5 is hard to beat considering its price, but there's no stable rom available and xiaomi closes bootloaders nowadays making rom installations a pain in the ass. the modular idea of the lg g5 is cool, but the phone is plain ugly and battery life is meh. the huawei p9 has a great still camera and looks nice in flash, too, but the gui is boring and huawei never opens bootloaders, so rom development is nonexistent. the s7 is fast, has a nice screen and water/dust resistant, but has severe reception issues and picks up scratches easily. the nexus 6p is just huge. etc

the htc 10 stands out for me, except for battery life.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
and here, too

btw i find it very hard to pick any flagship without reservations. the xiaomi mi5 is hard to beat considering its price, but there's no stable rom available and xiaomi closes bootloaders nowadays making rom installations a pain in the ass. the modular idea of the lg g5 is cool, but the phone is plain ugly and battery life is meh. the huawei p9 has a great still camera and looks nice in flash, too, but the gui is boring and huawei never opens bootloaders, so rom development is nonexistent. the s7 is fast, has a nice screen and water/dust resistant, but has severe reception issues and picks up scratches easily. the nexus 6p is just huge. etc

the htc 10 stands out for me, except for battery life.
I just got the Nexus. Its gorgeous.

every time I've had a samsung ive had reliability issues.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
@Salvo

it is gorgeous indeed, but still: size comparison. even the mi3 is close to the biggest phone i can handle with one hand. if the nexus was around the same size, i'd pick it in a heartbeat. good for you if you can handle that.

btw besides the reliability, samsung's touchwiz must be the ugliest gui of them all. until a couple of years ago, samsung at least allowed to install custom roms on their phones, but there's no cyanogenmod even for the s6, let alone the s7.

i stick to the opportunity to install custom roms, and i've learned it the hard way: i've had a sony xperia p with closed bootloader a couple of years ago, and the last sony rom update came with a call bug which sony never cared to fix.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
@Salvo

it is gorgeous indeed, but still: size comparison. even the mi3 is close to the biggest phone i can handle with one hand. if the nexus was around the same size, i'd pick it in a heartbeat. good for you if you can handle that.

btw besides the reliability, samsung's touchwiz must be the ugliest gui of them all. until a couple of years ago, samsung at least allowed to install custom roms on their phones, but there's no cyanogenmod even for the s6, let alone the s7.

i stick to the opportunity to install custom roms, and i've learned it the hard way: i've had a sony xperia p with closed bootloader a couple of years ago, and the last sony rom update came with a call bug which sony never cared to fix.
Yeah it's a bit big. I feel ya. Htc 10 looks interesting but the M9 was average. I'm a big htc fan. So reliable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Yeah it's a bit big. I feel ya. Htc 10 looks interesting but the M9 was average. I'm a big htc fan. So reliable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Same here. I went back to my HTC One after having the Galaxy S6 for a while. Still works likes new and I've been dropping it almost daily for three years. The cameras are where HTC falls short every time though. They take terrible photos, especially at night.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
an app that uses a red overlay to make the screen darker and more eye friendly in dark conditions. it can be useful when you have a phone with a minimum brightness still too bright for night reading. i used to use an app like that on my previous phone and a tablet, but the mi3's screen has a pretty dim minimum setting, so no use for such an app now.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Read below :D
Same here. I went back to my HTC One after having the Galaxy S6 for a while. Still works likes new and I've been dropping it almost daily for three years. The cameras are where HTC falls short every time though. They take terrible photos, especially at night.
:agree:
an app that uses a red overlay to make the screen darker and more eye friendly in dark conditions. it can be useful when you have a phone with a minimum brightness still too bright for night reading. i used to use an app like that on my previous phone and a tablet, but the mi3's screen has a pretty dim minimum setting, so no use for such an app now.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Fellow telecommunication patrons, I need some advice.

I just got a free replacement for my broken Galaxy 6. I've fallen back in love with my dilapidated HTC UNO. The thing radiates as much charm as it does carcinogenic non-iodizing radiation. I want to flog the Galaxy off but I'm pretty sure it's locked to my provider. How do I unlock the thing??
@Salvo @ZoSo if you happen know anyone in town who wants an untouched Galaxy 6 (32gb) let me know ;) Could be a steal, I'm shit at bartering.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Fellow telecommunication patrons, I need some advice.

I just got a free replacement for my broken Galaxy 6. I've fallen back in love with my dilapidated HTC UNO. The thing radiates as much charm as it does carcinogenic non-iodizing radiation. I want to flog the Galaxy off but I'm pretty sure it's locked to my provider. How do I unlock the thing??
@Salvo @ZoSo if you happen know anyone in town who wants an untouched Galaxy 6 (32gb) let me know ;) Could be a steal, I'm shit at bartering.
How much?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Just saw your post re: Samsung ^^ :lol: perhaps an early Christmas for one of your 50 first cousins, uh?

To an old innernet buddy, $450. Going for $550 on Gumtree. Thing is still in it's package, even resisted the satisfying feeling of peeling the plastic screen cover off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)