Android (5 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Hey guys, I'm switching to Android from iOS. Which one should I get, Galaxy s4 or HTC One? Same price here but I have been reading negative things about HTC's Sense?
I get compliments from everyone who sees my phone. HTC One. And a lot of them say how fast it is. Trust me, the new Sense is not intrusive at all.

Btw, I just got the new update that was due last month. Anyone know what it includes? :D

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I would personally go for the s4. It might be plastic and resembles the s3 quite a lot, but it's also more intuitive and offers more advantages than the HTC. Removable battery, intuitive software, better battery life and it's slightly faster (barely noticeable). While HTC is a very good phone, the main reason why I would never buy one is because of the unibody chassis. The one-piece aluminum chassis is glued together. Not only is it bad for the environment, but it makes it extremely expensive to do any repairs on it. As a matter a fact, it's probably cheaper to buy a new phone if you ever have to replace any parts inside. And the lithium battery only lasts 2 good years before it starts to wear down. So you basically have to accept that your investment only lasts for 2 years with the HTC
Good points. Thanks +Rep

I really love the look of stock Android but the Nexus 4 is almost the same price as the Galaxy S4 over here and I feel like the Nexus 4 is outdated compared to the S4.

I get compliments from everyone who sees my phone. HTC One. And a lot of them say how fast it is. Trust me, the new Sense is not intrusive at all.

Btw, I just got the new update that was due last month. Anyone know what it includes? :D
Yeah, it looks extremely sexy imo, probably the best looking phone atm but I'm curious what are the positives and negatives of Sense you have experienced so far?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
G
Yeah, it looks extremely sexy imo, probably the best looking phone atm but I'm curious what are the positives and negatives of Sense you have experienced so far?
I've only ever had sense so compared to the older one, it's incredibly fast, never crashes, and has more of a stock/plain look to it. The other one looked outdated and you'd get sick of it after a while. Everyone talks about the blinkfeed but I never notice it. It's really up to you whether you want to use it or not. When I unlock my phone it goes straight to the app drawer. If you want, it can unlock to a slide of your choosing. the blinkfeed is just there, you can't get rid of it but you can decide to never look at it.

- - - Updated - - -

so what about that update? @Sheik Yerbouti

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
@ HTC One owners and Android experts...

What's your take on the life battery? is it true that it dies out after two years?
Also, are the colored ones (red and blue) easier to scratch than the silver one?!

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
Planning to buy the new Nexus 7. I will use it mostly for Excel and of course other fun stuff.

I have a fear that the screen may be too small for a tablet, that I may not be satisfied. Thought of getting a bigger tablet in Nexus 10, but it is outdated now (I prefer a 7-inch though, because I will always be carrying it around). Any tips guys?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Planning to buy the new Nexus 7. I will use it mostly for Excel and of course other fun stuff.

I have a fear that the screen may be too small for a tablet, that I may not be satisfied. Thought of getting a bigger tablet in Nexus 10, but it is outdated now (I prefer a 7-inch though, because I will always be carrying it around). Any tips guys?
To be honest you shouldn't get too attached to getting a lot of Excel work done on a tablet. It's just not that practical.

I have the original Nexus 7 and I love it. The size is perfect to carry around and read/play games without being so bulky that it's a big commitment to bring it out of the house.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
Yeah I know Excel won't be best on a tablet, but I need it for my fitness clients in the club, so a laptop won't be handy either. I will try to cope with it on Nexus 7, as the tablet's size is amazing.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5,778
    If you want to take the tablet to the gym then a 7" is the perfect size.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    RAMI¹⁰;4261462 said:
    @ HTC One owners and Android experts...

What's your take on the life battery? is it true that it dies out after two years?
    Also, are the colored ones (red and blue) easier to scratch than the silver one?!
    2 years?? You mean the life of the battery? No idea. As far as the charge is concerned: The battery life is pretty good imo. I've had it last me all day with heavy use. It'll last you 2 days (or more, haven't tested) with minimal use.

I have the silver back one and I was scared to scratch it up so I got a transparent case but I've seen YouTube vids where they've scratch tested it and it holds up pretty well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)