Android (9 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
Oh yeah I saw that one, didn't know if it's any good. Sounds like a battery drain with all the bling.
No no no no, Martin. You made a big mistake. I would cancel the Desire X cos it's gonna suck. It's almost 2 generations old. You should go for the Nexus 4 too. Consider it a long-term investment.

My contract's up so I'm looking for a new phone? One X?
1 generation old. If you want the latest, then go for the HTC One. The Nexus 4 unlocked is a great phone. If you like the One X, then you'd better go for the One X+, which is a slight upgrade.

Apr 15, 2006
Oh, my bad. I meant the One. Didn't know there was a difference :p
That's a great phone. I especially love the front facing speakers. Go for it. :tup:

So what makes the new generation better?
Newer hardware. Longer software support. Also, The Desire X is a mid-range phone. They are pretty much guaranteed to slow down once you've been using them for more than 6-8 months. It's better to go for the Nexus 4, cos it's got great hardware, will have a long software support from Google, and it's fast as hell. Being unlocked and not very expensive, it's a great phone. You should strongly consider it.

In fact, if you have the option of getting the HTC One X or the One X+, then you should go for it.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yeah Deej, but a fast phone with a big screen drains the battery fast, that's what I'm trying to avoid. I don't need it as a multimedia gadget, I already have my laptop which is way better at that. I just need a phone/alarm clock with good battery life (and occasionally) benefit from the android platform.

Apr 15, 2006
Yeah Deej, but a fast phone with a big screen drains the battery fast, that's what I'm trying to avoid. I don't need it as a multimedia gadget, I already have my laptop which is way better at that. I just need a phone/alarm clock with good battery life (and occasionally) benefit from the android platform.
Pretty convincing argument. :tup:

How's the battery on Nexus 4 Sheik?
Using it with a custom ROM+Kernel and with the Qualcomm Snapdragon battery management app, it's pretty good. I get excellent standby times(with Wifi on constantly).

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Good battery life? Like... enough for a day?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)