Android (16 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Don't be deceived by its looks. I really wanted to buy the One S too. But HTC ran out of supplies for the Snapdragon S4 processor. So they replaced it with the older S3 processor and decided not to let the consumers know about it. The performance is slightly degraded, the battery life is lower and the phone heats up more than usual.

While a free upgrade sounds great, I'd confirm which version of the phone you're getting. Just check what the processor speed is listed on the box or in the specs. If it says 1.5Ghz, it's the S4 processor. If it says 1.7Ghz, then it's the S3 processor.
:tup:

The spec doesn't say anything about the processor. http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/htc-one-s

You think it would make a big difference?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 15, 2006
:tup:

The spec doesn't say anything about the processor. http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/htc-one-s

You think it would make a big difference?
Clever. They don't mention the CPU specs so that you can't come back asking for a refund as the specs ain't as advertised. I suggest you call Orange and confirm the CPU speed so that you are clear what they're selling. From what I've seen, it does make a difference. And HTC is effectively being deceptive with not informing their customers about the change of specs. So can't let them off da hook!

---------- Post added 18.07.2012 at 16:00 ----------

Just gave my Desire a new lease of life. Got Sandoval's ICS ROM. Currently giving it a test run with my old 2GB sdcard. Must say I am so impressed i might wait for the next Gnex.
Being an ex-Desire user, I say the best ROMs are CyanogenMod and any ROM by LeeDroid. You can never go wrong there.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Clever. They don't mention the CPU specs so that you can't come back asking for a refund as the specs ain't as advertised. I suggest you call Orange and confirm the CPU speed so that you are clear what they're selling. From what I've seen, it does make a difference. And HTC is effectively being deceptive with not informing their customers about the change of specs. So can't let them off da hook!

---------- Post added 18.07.2012 at 16:00 ----------

Being an ex-Desire user, I say the best ROMs are CyanogenMod and any ROM by LeeDroid. You can never go wrong there.
Will do, thanks again!

Dec 31, 2008
My aunt wants to buy a phone, I thought I'd suggest an Android device. She wants one with a relatively big screen. I told her Samsung galaxy s2, s3, HTC One X, One S. Any more suggestions?

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,574
    I think LG phones have software issues but that can be fixed with custom ROMs I think.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,576
    Ok, I am sure many of you have seen this scene

TechRadar has release a new clip based on that, I found it amusing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)