Android (22 Viewers)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,605
    Sheik, I need your help for rooting my IS.

It has 2.01.0001 hboot and that is not a straight forward procedure.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    I don't know where to ask this, so I'll do it here. My current phone is broken and I need a new one. I have narrowed it down to two choices: The Droid Nexus and the Droid Galaxy S3. I know that both of them are great phones, but are there any major problems with any of them that I should be aware of or anything? I've never had a smart phone either but I'm going to go with one of these two.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,610
    I don't know where to ask this, so I'll do it here. My current phone is broken and I need a new one. I have narrowed it down to two choices: The Droid Nexus and the Droid Galaxy S3. I know that both of them are great phones, but are there any major problems with any of them that I should be aware of or anything? I've never had a smart phone either but I'm going to go with one of these two.
    With the Nexus you are guaranteed upgrades as soon as Google releases them.

Apr 15, 2006
    Yes, but also if the OS ha a whole receives an upgrade you'lll be one of the first to get it. Such as Ice Cream came out, the nexus's got the first official updates
    But not all the Nexuses got the update. I don't think the original Nexus got it. So at some point in the future, even the Galaxy Nexus won't get updates.

Then again, that's why we got the mod community. :smoke:

Apr 15, 2006
    Yesterday I compiled CM7 from source. :touched:
    Dude, that's awesome! :D
    @Sheik Yerbouti HTC One S or Samsung Galaxy II ?
    If the HTC One S you're getting is the Snapdragon S4-version instead of the Snapdragon S3-version, then get that. Or else, get teh S2.

One way to identify this is to check the speed of the processor on the box. If it says 1.5Ghz, then it's the S4. If it says 1.7Ghz, then it's the S3. DO NOT get the S3 version of the One S.

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
    Dude, that's awesome! :D

If the HTC One S you're getting is running the Snapdragon S4-version instead of the Snapdragon S3-version, then get that. Or else, get teh S2.

One way to identify the processor type is to check the speed of the processor on the box. If it says 1.5Ghz, then it's the S4. If it says 1.7Ghz, then it's the SGS II. DO NOT get the S3 version of the One S.
    :thumbup:

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)