Android (14 Viewers)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Jack knows whats up :tup:

If you're honestly going to get an Android handset then go for the Galaxy Nexus. It is Google's own device which guarantees you every update released. There are plenty of Android devices out there like the SGS3 and the HTC One series but none of those are Google's child. Think of those other devices as the bastard children who don't get the time of day from its father. Sure you may get a phone call or card in the mail months after your bday but by then you're already 3 versions behind.

Either get the Nexus or wait for the next Nexus to be announced.
Google also bought Motorola :klin:

Apr 15, 2006
I really like the Galaxy Nexus too. Hopefully a new one is coming out soon.

What's Jellybean?
Jelly Bean is the friendly name for the latest version of Android, i.e. 4.1. Sort of like how Mac OS's are named after tigers, lions and leopards.

I don't think a new Nexus will be announced anytime soon. The last Google I/O conference was last month, and the didn't announce one there. Nexus devices are usually announced along with a new OS version.

Apr 15, 2006
I terms of hardware, the S3 is better. It's got a quad core processor and big ass screen. But that doesn't mean the GNex is a bad device. It's a great phone considering the price. You'll also get software updates directly from Google than Samsung. Plus unaltered Android on the GNex is the sex!

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,555
    Is that what its called for sure? Keylime Pie? I was thinking about that yesterday and was wondering what's a dessert that starts with a K....came up with Konafa, an amazing Egyptian dessert
    If this is what you mean then it is not Egyptian. I would say originally it is Palestinian.

---------- Post added 17.07.2012 at 08:55 ----------

And why do we have a separate Android thread? and in the Hangout?

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    If this is what you mean then it is not Egyptian. I would say originally it is Palestinian.

---------- Post added 17.07.2012 at 08:55 ----------

And why do we have a separate Android thread? and in the Hangout?
    Ya that's the shami kunafah there is another one with thin hairy topping
    , for the lack of a better word

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,560
    You stick with it? :D
    Most definitely and the newer versions are way much better.

---------- Post added 17.07.2012 at 10:47 ----------

And again, why don't I see certain threads in the New Posts list?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)