Android (8 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
The Galaxy S3 looks pretty sweet though.

Decisions, decisions...
It's pretty, yes. But it also costs a fortune!

---------- Post added 16.07.2012 at 04:53 ----------

So its either a HTC or Samsung?
It's whatever appeals to your personality. It could be HTC, Samsung, Sony, or even friggin LG. Go to an electronics store, get a hands-on feel of every phone on display and see which one you like the most. Not to mention, check out online reviews.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
It's pretty, yes. But it also costs a fortune!
I'll be getting it around October, when I decide if I should get an iPhone 5 or not. It'll probably drop in price when the iPhone 5 comes out.

And it doesn't matter to me anyways, I'll be available for an upgrade with my carrier at that time. Probably would only have to spend 100-200$ for a new phone.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
For me Android phones > iphone > bb. When i got my first android device i had a feeling 'this is it!' Really great operating system, fast, tons of apps and games. I can recommend you the phone that i'm using now, Motorola RAZR. Best android phone i had in my hands. But it's quite expensive :/

But it also depends on what do you want to do with your phone, if only call/write msgs then maybe BB is the best option because it has better battery :p

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Really? Worse than let's say 3 days with only calling/writing ? I had one for a couple of months but it was some old version and battery was good f.ex. one week without charging was normal.
And in RAZR i managed to get a little bit more than 3 days without charging (only calling/writing). But usually i must charge after 1.5day. That's the price for all those games, apps and internet connection :p

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I have htc desire as my workphone and used to have sonyericson's but since I hate my htc I never keep it around. I never use it and instead I love my Iphone 4s. It depends on what you want and on your preferences but for me I would never spend anything on something else than Iphone. Even my workphone that I received for free would I give away for free if I could. It's just useless.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
For me Android phones > iphone > bb. When i got my first android device i had a feeling 'this is it!' Really great operating system, fast, tons of apps and games. I can recommend you the phone that i'm using now, Motorola RAZR. Best android phone i had in my hands. But it's quite expensive :/

But it also depends on what do you want to do with your phone, if only call/write msgs then maybe BB is the best option because it has better battery :p
Yeah, my friend has the RAZR. I have to say, it looks pretty sweet. I'm really torn.

I hope the iPhone is a flop so I don't have to kill myself deciding. :D

Apr 15, 2006
Thinking about getting the HTC One S, does anybody know if its any good?

I've got a Desire just now but got offered a free upgrade.
Don't be deceived by its looks. I really wanted to buy the One S too. But HTC ran out of supplies for the Snapdragon S4 processor. So they replaced it with the older S3 processor and decided not to let the consumers know about it. The performance is slightly degraded, the battery life is lower and the phone heats up more than usual.

While a free upgrade sounds great, I'd confirm which version of the phone you're getting. Just check what the processor speed is listed on the box or in the specs. If it says 1.5Ghz, it's the S4 processor. If it says 1.7Ghz, then it's the S3 processor.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I'm an iphone guy, have had it for years and its been good to me, smooth and fast and never had problems. Always thought the Andriods were slow and never spoke to me. But obviously the phones have gotten way better now. I'm really interested in the Samsung Note. I know its big, but I like it a lot.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
My contract goes out in September and am torn between the HTC One X & Samsung Galaxy S3. Decisions, decisions.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Jack knows whats up :tup:

If you're honestly going to get an Android handset then go for the Galaxy Nexus. It is Google's own device which guarantees you every update released. There are plenty of Android devices out there like the SGS3 and the HTC One series but none of those are Google's child. Think of those other devices as the bastard children who don't get the time of day from its father. Sure you may get a phone call or card in the mail months after your bday but by then you're already 3 versions behind.

Either get the Nexus or wait for the next Nexus to be announced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)