Android (10 Viewers)

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007
Real Gee's use iPhones all white er'thang!

Android niggas on they job, and you know we gonna ball
One X niggas poppin' off, iPhone niggas not at all
:cool:

Considering that the One S ain't coming out anytime soon, I'm having a crazy urge to go get the One X right now. But I hate to make hasty buys! :( BAH!
What's the main reason for you preferring the S to X? Size or price?

Apr 15, 2006
The size. While I'm hesitant to pay so much for the 1X, it's not the main reason stopping me. I'm a small man with small hands(among other things :D) and I'm afraid the 1X will be too wide for me. The narrowness of the One S is PURRFECT!

Raman, I'm sure the 1S is available in Goteborg, right? Can you buy it there and ship it to me? :D

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007
The size. While I'm hesitant to pay so much for the 1X, it's not the main reason stopping me. I'm a small man with small hands(among other things :D) and I'm afraid the 1X will be too wide for me. The narrowness of the One S is PURRFECT!

Raman, I'm sure the 1S is available in Goteborg, right? Can you buy it there and ship it to me? :D
I was hesitant because of the size too, but I got used to it after barely half a day. Now I find other phones ridiculously under-sized. :D And I've got small hands too (other things are fine tho :shifty:). On paper, the size difference between the two isn't that big either. Have you physically checked out the phones in your local electronics store?

And yeah, if you're that desperate we could probably work something out. :D Unless they're sold out everywhere. :p

Jun 26, 2007
What's the difference between a Nexus phone and another Android phone in terms of ROM/Kernel/... customization? Can you do more on a Nexus, or is it just easier to get to the same result on a Nexus?

Apr 15, 2006
Nexus phones ship with vanilla Android compiled from the AOSP source, whereas other Android phones usually customize the vanilla android to include additional features and/or custom UI's. IMO, you can do more on phones by Samsung or HTC, but it's all a matter of opinion. Check our phone reviews to get a better idea.

Jun 26, 2007
That's not really what I was wondering about. I know Nexuses have stock Android. But you can install customs ROMS and get rid off Touchwiz/Sense on all Android devices (after rooting), right? So when it comes to customization options, is there really a difference between Nexus and other Android phones? Because I read somewhere that Nexus is more amenable to custom ROMS etc. But in the end, can you not do the same customization stuff on other Android phones (maybe with a little more effort)?

Apr 15, 2006
Nexus phones do not have their bootloader locked, unlike most other phones. So it's easier to root them and install custom ROMs on them. Also, customizing stock ROMs from, say, HTC is more difficult in the sense that you'll have lesser freedom to customize due to the greater change in code and restrictions imposed by HTC. But ROM developers do a great job circumventing them anyway.

Still, IMO the only custom ROM you'll need is CyanogenMod.

Jun 26, 2007
But user experience with something like CyanogenMod on a Nexus isn't much (or at all) different from CyanogenMod on another Android device?

I also read everywhere that the Franco kernel is great. What are your thoughts on that? (or on custom kernel in general)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)