Android (2 Viewers)

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
Can anyone one help me here ?

I used alot of ROMs without problem on phone without making ext partitions. but now because of ICS I knew my htc Desire can't handle it anymore. so I decided to create partition and for my current ROM and be ready for ICS.

I don't know why, but my clockworkmod doesn't have a partition SD option on Advanced menu. maybe its an old CWM (its 2.0.5.7 or something like that) but I cant upgrade it either. I keep downloading different versions from 3.XX to 5.xxx and flash them, but when I go to recovery its the same old and green recovery again.

So I partitioned my SD card with partition wizard, With USB connection and while mount SD from recovery. first FAT32 primary, then EXT3 primary. then bring back the SD card data, wipe, install ROM again and reboot. but now the phone will not boot, it stuck on HTC_AU boot animation. so I guessed its because of the new partition. I Tried the ICS ROM, it was the same again. then I installed the ICS without App2SD and choose Phone(Internal only), and phone booted successfully without problem.

What did I wrong in the process ? I can reformat to a complete FAT32 SD again, but I want app2sd.

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
This might seem a bit simplistic, but did you do a full wipe after you partitioned the card?
I did, Once for GB ROM and once for ICS ROM.

If you installed the new recovery from ROM manager, then try rebooting into Recovery from the ROM manager menu. I've noticed that THAT takes you to the new recovery. Weird, i know.
I tried it with GB ROM before but it didn't work, when recovery opens, it says open the rom manager to see the error, and in rom manager it just says some error occured !

But right now I cant try, now with this ICS Beta ROM whenever I try to install ROM manager, the phone will restart.

Maybe I have to reformat to FAT32 for now and install the stable GB ROM to check.

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
Just figured out what was wrong !

Just tried to reformat to FAT32 then I saw I made a EXT2 partition by mistake instead of EXT3 which this ROM works with. changed it to EXT3 now it works fine and I have 512 MB App2SD capacity :D

But I installed The GB ROM, do you think its too early to switch to ICS ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)