Android (13 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I find the SGS2 feels like a cheap piece of plastic. When I tried my friends one that's the impression i got. It had a decent interface though. My workmates Nexus is pretty cool but. I still prefer iOS.
I still don't get why people make such a close association that light = cheap.

Sure, the iPhone feels more 'solid' because it's metal and glass, but why do you need a phone to be heavy? The only effect that has is that it makes the screen shatter when you drop it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I still don't get why people make such a close association that light = cheap.

Sure, the iPhone feels more 'solid' because it's metal and glass, but why do you need a phone to be heavy? The only effect that has is that it makes the screen shatter when you drop it.
I agree 100% its all about build quality, it doesnt matter what its made of. A ferrari is lighter than a mustang that doesnt mean the ferrari is chaeper.
I had the SGS2 till this past tuesday when I received my Galaxy Nexus both are extremely light and their build quality is tops. They are also the best phones on the market, between assembly, processor, software and speed

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,147
    I meant to email that to you when I first saw it. ICS on Desire(official and unofficial) seems bleak due to poor support for the Snapdragon CPU's in the Nexus One and the Desire. Still hoping it can be done.
    ”HTC has been working hard to get its Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades ready, and we’re excited to announce that our first round of ICS upgrades will roll out by the end of March for the HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation 4G and HTC Sensation XE, followed soon there after by the HTC Sensation XL.

In addition, we can confirm Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades will be coming later this year to the HTC Rezound, HTC Vivid, HTC Amaze 4G, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO Design 4G, HTC Incredible S, HTC Desire S and HTC Desire HD. Stay tuned for more updates on Ice Cream Sandwich releases in the coming weeks.”

Apr 15, 2006
    ICS is on the nexus one :shifty:
    Really? I don't think it got an official update.
    ”HTC has been working hard to get its Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades ready, and we’re excited to announce that our first round of ICS upgrades will roll out by the end of March for the HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation 4G and HTC Sensation XE, followed soon there after by the HTC Sensation XL.

In addition, we can confirm Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades will be coming later this year to the HTC Rezound, HTC Vivid, HTC Amaze 4G, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO Design 4G, HTC Incredible S, HTC Desire S and HTC Desire HD. Stay tuned for more updates on Ice Cream Sandwich releases in the coming weeks.”
    Yup. Doesn't mention the original Desire. I'm sure someone will port the DHD version, but it might still be sluggish. I'm personally waiting for CM9. I don't want HTC's filthy hands on ICS.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
    Jun 1, 2010

Yup. Doesn't mention the original Desire. I'm sure someone will port the DHD version, but it might still be sluggish. I'm personally waiting for CM9. I don't want HTC's filthy hands on ICS.

No, like the custom roms , was thinking about doing an update but i haven't flashed anything in months and is their really an advantage with ics?

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,151

Did Acer release an ICS for your tablet?

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,155
    Not yet. I heard conflicting reports that it'll be released at the end of Jan and start of April. Since we're into Feb already, seems like it's set for an April rollout.

EDIT: Did your Xoom get the ICS update btw? I read that it was rolling out.
    It was only released on the US Wifi but they are working on a schedule for the roll out on other markets. It's only a matter of time.

Apr 15, 2006
    What's the advantage :confused:

Heard they were having a lot more problems with ICS since parts of it weren't open source
    Nigga please! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history#v4.x_Ice_Cream_Sandwich

No. Parts of the hardware were not Open Sourced, like the CPU and camera for ex.
    It was only released on the US Wifi but they are working on a schedule for the roll out on other markets. It's only a matter of time.
    Aah. Sweet!
    was about to buy the Samsung Galaxy 2 tomorrow, should I wait till the next one if it is coming out soon?
    Might as well buy it now. It not known for sure when the SG3 will be out. Will be more expensive too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)