Android (9 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Are you saying the Windows thing is not gonna be a hit?
I don't think it'll be much of a success... they'll sell, but will never be able to catch the bigger players... the Meego powered N9 was a better product compared to it's windows sibling... Pity, since that form factor is probably the most beautiful piece of smart phone body in the market today... Microsoft has never managed to bring a decent OS to the mobile front, even though they were one of the earliest to enter it... Nokia has consistently pulled off great hardware... if they had chosen to bring out an Android handset, they'd easily be in the top barring maybe Samsung... Hell, I think Google would have asked them to bring out a Nexus phone...

Edit: I thought I was replying to Marty. Knowing you, you were probably being sarcastic :p

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Of course I was being sarcastic, I don't think I've ever written a post that wasn't, it's the fabric of my being. :D But I was still a little surprised at Graham's categorical dismissal considering it's Nokia we're talking about.

Anyway, I agree with you, it's pretty weird how in just a few years Nokia has been dethroned and relatively minor players like Samsung and HTC (who I'd never even heard of before Android) are dominating the Android space, which makes up like half the market these days.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Meanwhile, my dad turn up last night with an ipad. He has an iphone too. Doesn't know how to use either one, I mean they're not even jailbroken! :p

gray

Apr 22, 2003
There's way too much news coming from MWC for me to take in right now.

It's funny how quickly things can change. I didn't think about getting another HTC phone because I've had my Desire for two years and wanted something completely new, but they've really upped their game this time around and there's some exciting stuff coming out.

Have you seen the car dock? It looks pretty awesome. Much better accessory implementation than the Galaxy Nexus.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

:tuttosport:

Move over, Galaxy Nexus! I'm getting this baby next!
That's good and all, but One X is where it's at. The polycarbonate unibody is the sex. Also it has machine drilled holes for the earpiece instead of a grill, how fucking cool is that?
Btw, I'm really surprised by what HTC has brought with them this year. The past year or so they have stuck with a lot of so-so releases that I really doubted whether they could bring back the magic they showed during the Desire year(s).

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,240
    HTC have really released great phones in the MWC. I want to try Motorola but I would like to wait for something newer than the RAZR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)