Android (9 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
Ok, I think I successfully rooted my phone. I Installed titanium backup in it says OK (busybox 1.18.4) to root access. Is everything allright now ? :D

So, what about ROMs ? what are the best ROMs ? I kinda liked htc Sense so I wouldn't mine a Gingerbread with sense ROM again.
:weee:

Should be OK. In TB, press Menu>Batch>Backup all users apps + system data to backup your apps. To restore the apps once you install a new ROM, select 'Restore Missing apps and all system data' instead.

Now before you install a new ROM, I advice you to format your SD card and create a new ext3 partition, preferrably of 1Gb in size. This will let you run A2SD+ or DATA2SD ROMs. If you use Linux, then you can use Gparted to partition the SD card.

Oh BTW, do you know how to boot into the recovery?

Buy on AliExpress.com

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
:weee:

Should be OK. In TB, press Menu>Batch>Backup all users apps + system data to backup your apps. To restore the apps once you install a new ROM, select 'Restore Missing apps and all system data' instead.

Now before you install a new ROM, I advice you to format your SD card and create a new ext3 partition, preferrably of 1Gb in size. This will let you run A2SD+ or DATA2SD ROMs. If you use Linux, then you can use Gparted to partition the SD card.

Oh BTW, do you know how to boot into the recovery?
No I don't :D

Im a Windows 7 user, my phone got a 4 gigabyte SD, and I don't know anything about flashing and installing ROMs at all :D

Apr 15, 2006
No I don't :D

Im a Windows 7 user, my phone got a 4 gigabyte SD, and I don't know anything about flashing and installing ROMs at all :D
Aah ok. Check this guide to learn how to install a new ROM.

http://theunlockr.com/2010/09/21/how-to-load-a-custom-rom-on-the-htc-desire-2/

New before you do step 5 for the first time, select Backup and Restore>Backup to take a full backup of your phone, in case you ever want to revert to it. It'll take about 15 mins to back it up.

Again, before you start flashing, I strongly suggest you get a 16Gb Class 4 SD card. You'll really need it. Or at least a 12Gb.

As for formatting into Ext3, I'll let you know once you get this SD. OK? :D

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
Ok I have CM7 Rom now everything is good, got my sms, app and data back. no problem except contacts and call logs. calls are not that important but I want my contacts back !

I guess its because it cant translate sense's ROm data to this ROM's ? what should I do ? install e Sense ROM ?

Apr 15, 2006
If you want your contacts back, then just restore the backup you took from the recovery (called a Nandroid backup), reboot, sync the contacts properly, then flash CM7 again.

As for the 2nd question, yes. A lot of the stock Sense apps are not part of CM7.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Anybody have the LG Optimus 2X?

I want to get a new phone soon, and I'm undecided bethween the Galaxy S and Optimus 2X, whihc is only like 30 € more expensive.

I know the Optimus 2X is the better phone (hardware wise), but I'm a bit worried as I've read it often has problems with screen backlight bleeding and a bit of buggy software and its a bit slower than the Galaxy. That was my experience when I tested them in the store, the GAlaxy would respond immidiately, while the Optimus 2X needed a second or two to respond. Also, I managed to completely freeze the phone by doing nothing, just trying to change the background. It took a minute or two to get back to normal.

So I'm thinking the Galaxy is the safer bet, although the Optimus 2X is the better phone. It was the first dual core (I dont really need a dual core phone perhaps, considering that my current one is a symbian with 300 mhz cpu) so it might be a bigger risk than the Galaxy.

Thoughts?

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
In my original ROM my phone couldn't fine ad hoc connections, now though it can find them in scan, still can't connect to them and stuck in obtaining address process. also my bluetooth is not working. it passed pairing with my laptop, but says unable to send.

And is there anyway to edit the keyboard ? I need Enter key in it.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,194

I want to get a new phone soon, and I'm undecided bethween the Galaxy S and Optimus 2X, whihc is only like 30 € more expensive.

I know the Optimus 2X is the better phone (hardware wise), but I'm a bit worried as I've read it often has problems with screen backlight bleeding and a bit of buggy software and its a bit slower than the Galaxy. That was my experience when I tested them in the store, the GAlaxy would respond immidiately, while the Optimus 2X needed a second or two to respond. Also, I managed to completely freeze the phone by doing nothing, just trying to change the background. It took a minute or two to get back to normal.

So I'm thinking the Galaxy is the safer bet, although the Optimus 2X is the better phone. It was the first dual core (I dont really need a dual core phone perhaps, considering that my current one is a symbian with 300 mhz cpu) so it might be a bigger risk than the Galaxy.

Thoughts?
    For me if it was down to choose between LG and Samsung only, I'd definitely take the Samsung.

Apr 15, 2006
    Nedvěd;3191186 said:
    Any help with this? :frown: I need my phone. Now I'm using a SGH C270 Samsung mobile. :(
    Sheik!!! that's easy to fix right? gotta boot into the bootloader and run and update.zip form the root of the sd card?
    Oh man, sadly I don't know much about SE's Android phones. Gonna have to look through XDA.

Thoughts?
    Always go with newer hardware. Especially for a €30 difference, go with the O2X.
    In my original ROM my phone couldn't fine ad hoc connections, now though it can find them in scan, still can't connect to them and stuck in obtaining address process. also my bluetooth is not working. it passed pairing with my laptop, but says unable to send.

And is there anyway to edit the keyboard ? I need Enter key in it.
    Have you updated the radio on the phone?

You can't edit the keyboard. But why not get a better keyboard from the Market? There's loads of them available.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    For me if it was down to choose between LG and Samsung only, I'd definitely take the Samsung.

Yeah, TBH I like Samsung more, I've had two so far that have worked great (E720 a few years ago and a G810 now, only phone with an optical zoom :D ), but the LG should be the better phone and more future proof. Hence the dilemma.

Always go with newer hardware. Especially for a €30 difference, go with the O2X.

Yeah, thats what I thought as well, but I'm worried about the software issues/slow response. Perhaps a custom rom fixes that?

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,197
    Yeah, TBH I like Samsung more, I've had two so far that have worked great (E720 a few years ago and a G810 now, only phone with an optical zoom :D ), but the LG should be the better phone and more future proof. Hence the dilemma.

Yeah, thats what I thought as well, but I'm worried about the software issues/slow response. Perhaps a custom rom fixes that?
    Why don't you go for an HTC with the same price range and get yourself the real deal?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Why don't you go for an HTC with the same price range and get yourself the real deal?
    TBH, I'd go for a Samsung before of a HTC. The Samsung Galaxy S was the best phone on the market at its time (a the SGS II is now) and I dont see a HTC in the same class being better (AFAIK that would be the Desire or Desire S) ;)

Although my gf likes the HTC so I'll probably get her a HTC, Desire S probably if I can find it for a decent price, but for now the Galaxy S is cheaper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)