Android (10 Viewers)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,221
    It has a better front camera, but I cant say thats a big issue for me. What else makes it better?
    You and Sheik mentioned before, simply newer hardware, the screen is better as the Galaxy S has the Amoled not the Super Amoled while the IS has the SLCD with buffalo glass. And in the end we are talking HTC ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Samsung are the second mobile phone manufacturer in the world and have tons of great phones, so they must be doing something right
    But what is that stat based on?

Sales?
    Quality of product?
    Price point?

Samsung has been notorious for being a high-volume manufacturer putting out cheap entry-level handsets that depreciate faster than a Juventus attack fizzles out. They mainly offer cheap handsets that people get for free when they sign for a new contract with a carrier. They have been doing this since the symbian days. Motorola does the same thing.

These lower-tier manufacturers aren't offering quality handsets, rather cheap prices, high volume production.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    You and Sheik mentioned before, simply newer hardware, the screen is better as the Galaxy S has the Amoled not the Super Amoled while the IS has the SLCD with buffalo glass. And in the end we are talking HTC ;)

Of course it has newer hardware, it is 6 or 7 monhts newer.

And it does have Super AMOLED, according to GSMArena:

Type Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    Size 480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches
    - Gorilla Glass display

And what does it really mean "we're talking HTC"?

Anyways, what GSMArena says about the Incredible S:

See the thing is, while the Incredible S hardware is perfectly adequate for the moment, it’s far from future-proofed. The first dual-core droids just hit the shelves and there’s a whole bunch more to come.

Plus the Incredible S lacks any unique differentiating features. You know, something like dedicated gaming keys (the XPERIA Play), or a Super AMOLED screen that can seal a deal by itself.

All that coupled with a high asking price like this makes the Incredible S a device that’s pretty hard to recommend.

Next you can get the Samsung I9000 Galaxy S, which runs the same Android 2.2 Froyo OS, only coupled with TouchWiz, rather than Sense. And while the choice between the two launchers is strictly a matter of personal taste, there’s no argument that the splendid display and the far lower price tilt the scales in favor of the Samsung smartphone. All you will be sacrificing is the 8 megapixel camera, but you will be getting smoother video capture with continuous autofocus so it’s not too bad a deal. Plus, the Galaxy S will playback most DivX and Xvid videos in up to 720p resolution without any converting whatsoever.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

Sales?
    Quality of product?
    Price point?

Samsung has been notorious for being a high-volume manufacturer putting out cheap entry-level handsets that depreciate faster than a Juventus attack fizzles out. They mainly offer cheap handsets that people get for free when they sign for a new contract with a carrier. They have been doing this since the symbian days. Motorola does the same thing.

These lower-tier manufacturers aren't offering quality handsets, rather cheap prices, high volume production.
    Based on number of phones sold.

And Samsung is hardly a lower tier manufacturer, it's in fact one of the top manufacturers, regularly on top, and has probably currently the best phone on the market, the SGS II.

It's not as known in the US because it's usually under a carrier name, but calling samsung a low tier manufacturer is just silly.

And actually, I'd say its Nokia that is now famous for lower end phones keeping them in the game, especially in eastern markets and asia, because they dont currently have any smartphones that can compete. Samsung has plenty of phones in all ranges.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    It seems that you rate Samsung over HTC? Why? I don't want to hear anything about what GSM Arena says or Engadget or any other side. Why do you PERSONALLY rate Samsung over HTC?

Personally, I like Samsung because I have had nice experiences with them with the previous two phones I bought and other electronics from them.

However, I try to be as objective as possible, thats why I mention what professionals say that review these phones regularly. I want to get the most for my money and try not ti be clouded by just personal opinions or preferences. And a lot of sites speak very well of Samsung and they had/have some fantastic phones.

However, even though I prefer Samsung, because I want to get the most for my money objectivly, I am also looking at LG, although I prefer Samsung over them, because objectivly the Optimus 2X is a better phone than the Galaxy, although I have a few concerns.

Thats why I also dislike iPhone, they are overpriced and overhyped. A galaxy S is 2800 while and iPhone 4 is 4800, although they're on the same level (some would even say the Galaxy is a bit better).

My cousin wants the iPhone 5 when it gets out. When I asked why, she said its because it has all the feautres she wants, but when I asked what those features were she didnt really know, just mumbeled something about the touchscreen and working better with ther iPod.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008

Sales?
    Quality of product?
    Price point?

While what you said is true when it came to cheap handsets, the game has changed once Android came into the picture. Apart from the cheap plastic bits, Samsung does make some really good phones. So does Motorola. The only thing HTC has over these manufacturers is HTC Sense which the others have not and probably will not be able to match. Remember HTC used to manufacturer cack windows phones before they started hitting the jackpot with Android ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)