Android (6 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
HTC desire, opinions?
It's a lovely device. Had some great features. But some problems you'll face with it is the low internal memory which will fill up after you install a few apps. Won't be a problem if you root the phone though. Plus, the display is not quite legible in very bright sunlight. If possible, then go with the Desire HD.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,350
    The LG Optimus X2 has got some amazing reviews here, I will wait though until the SGS2 and the other HTC devices to pop up and make s decision.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    Root the phone? I realised I would need an external memory card. I'm not sure though, is it worth getting it now or waiting till new ones come out? It would be the HD by the way. Iphone 4 better?

Apr 15, 2006
    Root the phone? I realised I would need an external memory card. I'm not sure though, is it worth getting it now or waiting till new ones come out? It would be the HD by the way. Iphone 4 better?
    Most phones usually have an sd card installed already. Unless you need more capacity, you won't need another one.

One of the features the DHD lacks is a front facing camera for making video calls. If you want this feature, them wait for another phone. Our else, go get it. I don't think the iphone is better.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    HTC desire, opinions?
    I bought one a couple of months ago, and I really like it.

So many great features, easy to use and works really well on the internet.

I've not had a problem with memory, but I guess it depends what you use it for. For me it is mainly as a phone, go on the net everyday, have a few apps and a couple of hours worth of songs to listen to.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    Yeah, I think I might go with it, its that or the Iphone 4....the only thing that really attracts me to the Iphone is the apps,games...(sad I know) but it seems the droid has plenty. Is it hard to root?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Yeah, I think I might go with it, its that or the Iphone 4....the only thing that really attracts me to the Iphone is the apps,games...(sad I know) but it seems the droid has plenty. Is it hard to root?
    I have played about on both phones and prefered the HTC plus it was cheaper for me, but eveyone is different. There are plenty of apps on android in comparison to apple.

I really do not know about rooting, I have only had my phone for a couple of months and have not felt the need to do so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)