WiFi Analyser
Where's my Droid
XE currency

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
It scans every installed application and also backups your contacts, call logs, etc. to their server. It also has a function when your phone is stolen, you can set of an alarm on the phone and wipe the phone's data remotely. It's a really good app, free, just don't know does one actually need it. But it's neat. :D
Sounds good but I wouldn't let backup on their server.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Thanks, bro.

Me too! :toast:

Oh Jack, between the DHD and the SGS, I'd choose the latter. The biggest reason is the display. I realised AMOLED screens are better than SLCD.
What games?
And anyone have any idea why my tracking for my G2 which shipped on the 21st hasn't been updated. It's usually updated daily but its the 24th and no update (this is USPS), could they be pushing to get it delivered early and not checking it in at all? :tup:

Apr 15, 2006
Wordfeud anyone?
I'm playing Wordsmith with Dru. Is Wordfeud the same?
:delpiero:

What about an office suite to manage excel, word, etc.? I can't find that Androffice in the market.

BTW, feel free to stop me anytime when I get on your nerves. :D
There's a few... Documents To Go is the best one IMO. Quickoffice is good too, but I'm not sure if it's on the Market. It came preinstalled on my phone.

Nerves? Watcha talking about? :D I love helping!
I'm browsing the free most popular apps in the market. Does one really need that Lookout security suite? Seems neat but I won't have it draining my battery in the background if the chances of a security breach are 1%. Not like I have some confidential stuff there anyway.
I've had that for a while, though I don't use the tracking\backup feature(I use WaveSecure for that). Just the virus and app scanning one. Never really saw a dent in the battery usage due to that app. So get it. It's like a fire extinguisher: you wish you'll never need it, but you gotta have it.

Apr 15, 2006
why do you need to backup your contacts? make them google contacts and they will be saved into your google account
:agree: I used to backup and restore my contacts locally until one day, I let them sync to my Google contacts and spent the next 2 days editing the fields to fit their format. A small hassle compared to the easy syncing and managing that Google contacts allows.
What games?
And anyone have any idea why my tracking for my G2 which shipped on the 21st hasn't been updated. It's usually updated daily but its the 24th and no update (this is USPS), could they be pushing to get it delivered early and not checking it in at all? :tup:
FIFA, PES, Assassin's Creed. I mostly use the keyboard+mouse for FPS games.
I got my Galaxy 3 today. :jvefan:
I'm not aware of that phone. Got a link?

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
@sheik I play PES are you any good online? cause I suck would love to play sometime
@kosta yerrr lucky , am bout to call up usps to see where my G2 is

Apr 15, 2006
@sheik I play PES are you any good online? cause I suck would love to play sometime
@kosta yerrr lucky , am bout to call up usps to see where my G2 is
I've never played PES or FIFA online, though I play FIFA against friends quite a lot. I got a cracked version of PES cos I've never been able to find a current version of PES in India, so I can't play online anyway.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,194
    Oh Jack, between the DHD and the SGS, I'd choose the latter. The biggest reason is the display. I realised AMOLED screens are better than SLCD.
    I also heard that AMOLED is better plus the SGS has a better battery life and can read more media file formats but why does Dru say the DHD is better? I will keep on researching until it's time.

Is it possible to install Sense on the SGS?

Apr 15, 2006
    I also heard that AMOLED is better plus the SGS has a better battery life and can read more media file formats but why does Dru say the DHD is better? I will keep on researching until it's time.

Is it possible to install Sense on the SGS?
    Lemme check.

EDIT: Some devs are trying to port an HTC Desire HD(by the looks of it) ROM to SGS. But apparently development has stopped and the version is hardly usable for daily use.

So short answer: Not yet.

EDIT 2: Looking at the development section on XDA for the SGS, I don't see that many ROM's as my phone or the Desire HD. I'm wondering if not many devs are trying to create new ROMs, or if Samsung looked it down well enough that development on it becomes difficult. I don't know.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,197
    Sheik, you're amazing. Maybe that's an advantage for the DHD then? It has more "support"

Apr 15, 2006
    Sheik, you're amazing. Maybe that's an advantage for the DHD then? It has more "support"
    More, yes. But ideally, you'll only need 1 good ROM for the phone. I can't anyone other than a developer and tech junkie installing different ROMs each week. I still suggest the SGS. Maybe better, hold out for a few more months and see if HTC releases anything better.
    My G2 didn't come in today :( and its less than an hour from my house. Gotta wait till monday I guesss
    Can't you just go there and pick it up yourself?

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
    Jun 1, 2010
    My mom has been coking all day while my dad was out picking stuff up so I had no car. And tomorrow they are closed (christmas) then sunday they don't open. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)