Android (7 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
You guys are having so much fun around here that I decided to order a Desire for myself. Been putting it off for a long time already. But the bloody site is a having a problem with their payment gateway :(

Apr 15, 2006
Let's just get the rooting done first then decide. :D
:groan:
icεmαή;2817547 said:
Sheik, did you get the Froyo update?
Yup, got it like a week after I bought the phone. But it won't matter if you root the phone. You'll be able to install custom ROMs, and most of them are based on FroYo.
Damn, Skype running in the background really drains the battery. Fucking Skype.
Damn right. Fuck Skype!

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,228
    What I have done in the past two days is just orgasmic. Stock Android is the way to go, it offers much more customization. I miss only Facebook sync from Sense.

Apr 15, 2006
    PS: You can scroll the dock bar just like the home screen to add more icons to it. Also, you can assign swipe gestures to the icons in the dock bar to reveal some more info, like unread gmail and SMS, missed calls and bookmarks. :D

Apr 15, 2006
    Hmmm. You'll need to remove that first.

Connect the phone by USB and enable USB debugging. Open a terminal and type these commands.

adb shell
    remount
    ls /system/app(after this, check if Launcherpro.apk is in the list, maybe with a slightly different name too. If you see it...)
    rm Launcherpro.apk
    ls /system/app(to confirm it is removed)
    remount
    exit

Now install the new apk.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,240
    adb shell works
    remount is not found
    when I list the apps I found LauncherPro, I copied the name when I do rm <appname> I get: cannot remove <appname> does not exist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)