Android (12 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
It's an app you can download from the Market.

Also, ROM Manager is a great app to browse through ROMs for your phone and install them easily. I'm just not sure if it'll work with the Amon RA recovery that you got. It requires ClockworkMod recovery. Give it a try anyway.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,263
    Ok, I am fixing permissions, quite the lengthy process.

Are you running CM 6.1, Sheik?

Apr 15, 2006
    Yeah, it's a lengthy process. Give it about 10-15 mins.

Funny you ask, cos I installed CM 6.1.1 this morning after a Desire HD ROM had problems. This is not the first time I'm using it, and everytime I install it, I cannot continue using it beyond a day. Mainly cos I miss the HTC Phone application, which is awesome with Facebook, Twitter integration as well as smart dialing. Plus, the ROM does not have A2SD+ so that all my apps are installed on the SD. I'm actually on a ROM frenzy right now and installing different ROMs to suit my needs.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,265
    Yeah, it's a lengthy process. Give it about 10-15 mins.

Funny you ask, cos I installed CM 6.1.1 this morning after a Desire HD ROM had problems. This is not the first time I'm using it, and everytime I install it, I cannot continue using it beyond a day. Mainly cos I miss the HTC Phone application, which is awesome with Facebook, Twitter integration as well as smart dialing. Plus, the ROM does not have A2SD+ so that all my apps are installed on the SD. I'm actually on a ROM frenzy right now and installing different ROMs to suit my needs.
    You should be a bit more patient, Dialer One fixes the smart dialing and can be used as default dialer, Phonebook 2 fixes the syncs between contacts and any social media network, it's only drawback is that it is a heavy application but you have a powerful device.

A2SD+? Isn't that something you can add later on?

Apr 15, 2006
    Oh I've used Dialer One alright. It's really good, but I somehow prefer the HTC one. The way it looks... the way it feels... It just shows they've done a really good job with it.

I'm not sure of that. Most ROM makers include it in their ROM, and I haven't see(probably missed) a thread that lets you install A2SD+ on other ROMs.

Apr 15, 2006
    Permissions on ROM manager did not fix the camera.

Do you recommend this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=847657

On another note, Power Amp or Win Amp.

And Sheik, I understand what you say about HTCs dialer/contacts. It's really a neat feature. Is there a way to flash it into another ROM?
    If you are running CM 6.1, then yes. Try that. No need to wipe as that is an update.

I like WinAmp for the wireless music syncing. But PowerAmp has to be the winner here. The equalizers alone make it a winner.

It's basically an APK. You should be able to copy it from one ROM and move it to the other. I'm just not sure how stable it'll be.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,274
    If you are running CM 6.1, then yes. Try that. No need to wipe as that is an update.

I like WinAmp for the wireless music syncing. But PowerAmp has to be the winner here. The equalizers alone make it a winner.

It's basically an APK. You should be able to copy it from one ROM and move it to the other. I'm just not sure how stable it'll be.
    What is the wireless music syncing? I got blown away with PowerAmp, what an app!

As for the update, it will just be added to everything else, all my apps, settings, etc will remain, right?

Now tell me, how to install Swype keyboard, it is nowhere to be found in the Market.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,277
    One more thing, Dheeraj. You are on 6.1 and you aren't having any problems with your camera?

Apr 15, 2006
    What is the wireless music syncing? I got blown away with PowerAmp, what an app!

As for the update, it will just be added to everything else, all my apps, settings, etc will remain, right?

Now tell me, how to install Swype keyboard, it is nowhere to be found in the Market.
    Wireless syncing lets you move music from your PC to the phone without the need of a USB cable. You just need to connect the phone to your wi-fi, and install WinAmp on your PC. But if you can live with transferring music through USB, then go with PowerAmp.

Exactly.

What the hell did I give you the link to Blackdroid for? :D

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,279
    Wireless syncing lets you move music from your PC to the phone without the need of a USB cable. You just need to connect the phone to your wi-fi, and install WinAmp on your PC. But if you can live with transferring music through USB, then go with PowerAmp.

Exactly.

What the hell did I give you the link to Blackdroid for? :D
    :tup:

I will report the camera fix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)