Android (82 Viewers)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,166
    I figured. I still use the computer far more though.
    So do I and I don't think the phone would replace the computer but as I said the computer is a ready product now, what more would you want from it?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    So do I and I don't think the phone would replace the computer but as I said the computer is a ready product now, what more would you want from it?
    Depends. A computer was a ready product already 10 years ago, but since then there have been many improvements, no?

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,170
    Depends. A computer was a ready product already 10 years ago, but since then there have been many improvements, no?
    It was a ready product but the potential for development was available and could be seen. Nowadays I don't see much potential other than having pads which I would also consider an alternative product and not a replacement.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
    May 26, 2009
    I am gonna get me a smart phone soon once my current contract expire. I saw the HTC Android with a friend, and I was literally blown away with many amazing apps. I totally underestimated those devices.

P.S Great work you are doing here Shiek, Keep it up

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
    Jun 1, 2010
    In regards to the phone v computer question, I used my laptop alot more. P.S I have the HP envy 14 (love this thing) , even if tablets ran windows 7 I wouldn't use them because I do alot of gaming on my computer with a xbox controller

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Windows OS will go away in about 7-10 years as well, or at least be unseated as the king. MS needs to change its model in a hurry because they are losing out in every corner of the market

Apr 15, 2006
    Yeah right. :D The silver one.

I'd go with the Galaxy S.

Sheik, I need one more thing. Some sort of network counter, limiter, which will alert me when I exceeded a value of data set. Meaning if I set it to 50mb per month, it will give me a notification that I have passed that value. I searched the market, there's so much of those...which one's best?
    I'm guessing this is for your 3G network? Try 3G watchdog. I used that for a while until I got an unlimited plan.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

I'm guessing this is for your 3G network? Try 3G watchdog. I used that for a while until I got an unlimited plan.
    :delpiero:

What about an office suite to manage excel, word, etc.? I can't find that Androffice in the market.

BTW, feel free to stop me anytime when I get on your nerves. :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

I'm browsing the free most popular apps in the market. Does one really need that Lookout security suite? Seems neat but I won't have it draining my battery in the background if the chances of a security breach are 1%. Not like I have some confidential stuff there anyway.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    I'm browsing the free most popular apps in the market. Does one really need that Lookout security suite? Seems neat but I won't have it draining my battery in the background if the chances of a security breach are 1%. Not like I have some confidential stuff there anyway.
    I haven't seen that yet. Frankly I wouldn't bother too much with it.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

I haven't seen that yet. Frankly I wouldn't bother too much with it.
    It scans every installed application and also backups your contacts, call logs, etc. to their server. It also has a function when your phone is stolen, you can set of an alarm on the phone and wipe the phone's data remotely. It's a really good app, free, just don't know does one actually need it. But it's neat. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)