Android (17 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
Get the HD. The Desire has a small flaw with the multi-touch on it. Plus the HTC Sense on the DHD is newer and has some cool cloud capabilities.

Also, the battery life on all smartphones is bad. You should expect it to last a day with moderate use, and lesser if you use it a lot, like using music, Maps, video calling, etc.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Get the HD. The Desire has a small flaw with the multi-touch on it. Plus the HTC Sense on the DHD is newer and has some cool cloud capabilities.

Also, the battery life on all smartphones is bad. You should expect it to last a day with moderate use, and lesser if you use it a lot, like using music, Maps, video calling, etc.
Can you not upgrade the software on the Desire, so that it is the same as the HD?

:lol: loving the username

Apr 15, 2006
Well, you can, but HTC needs to write the updated software for your phone and release it. Of course, you can always root the phone and install custom ROMs. Just like how I installed the DHD software on my Desire. But it's better to just get the real thing.

But if I were you, I'd wait for a few more months until HTC releases an Nvidia Tegra-2 processor based phone. Those are gonna be the bomb!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Certain companies are good at producing a single good product and some are good at making an array of products. Single competency companies don’t mean that they are limited, it just means they are really good at what they do. Samsung tries to be a multi-competency company when in reality they are a single comp. They should stick to making TV’s because they are the best at doing so. Their phones are cheap and a joke. Motorola is in this same category.
That could right, but that does not stop them from making a decent device.

The problem is that from the recent HTC phones, only the Desire HD can be compared to the Galaxy (I am talking strictly from a limited research view). But the damn Desire HD, is a huge motha fucka that won't fit in most pockets. For me, that is a mobile phone ceases being mobile and becomes a hassle.

I actually would prefer HTC as I already used the N1 before and it was great (until some ass wipe stole it). But I need a phone as soon as possible and Android phones seem to take ages until they get sent here in the middle east.

Apr 15, 2006
Have you thought of getting the Desire Z? It's as big as the N1, just a little wider.

On a related note, I hope HTC soon gets back to putting AMOLED screens back on their phones. SLCD kinda sucks ass when it comes to color richness and sunlight legibility.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
That could right, but that does not stop them from making a decent device.

The problem is that from the recent HTC phones, only the Desire HD can be compared to the Galaxy (I am talking strictly from a limited research view). But the damn Desire HD, is a huge motha fucka that won't fit in most pockets. For me, that is a mobile phone ceases being mobile and becomes a hassle.

I actually would prefer HTC as I already used the N1 before and it was great (until some ass wipe stole it). But I need a phone as soon as possible and Android phones seem to take ages until they get sent here in the middle east.
If you like the N1 then its replacement was the HTC Incredible and its named aptly. I have it right now and since its release in the spring of 2010, its still the top selling android device in the US. That says alot about its greatness

icεmαή;2807583 said:
You caught me there chief :D
:D

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
I am hitting a new phone in February. It would be Iphone 4 or Android-phone.

So someone needs to tell me about Android-phones! I'll be honest and admit that I don't know shit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)