Android (22 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Anyone have any experience with the LG Optimus GT540? Looks like a great entry level Android. 2.1 update is available as well. Got a bigger resolution than the Wildfire and is cheaper. Only thing is doesn't support Flash in the browser, but youtube plays with the application. I can get it for free with a contract for 2 years.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,049
    The only problem is that he will be stuck with it for two years. I did that with my Magic but when I got my subscrioption it was the best device in the market. Hero came two weeks afterwards then came many others wirth a much better Android release.

Machine-wise the Magic is still great but I am still stuck with 1.5 because I can't be bothered change the ROM "illegally".

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

I'm under the impression that despite being entry level phones, the LG Android phones really have excellent value for money. If you'll get it for free, then give it a try.
    :agree:

I just installed 2.1 Black Quarx. I want to install App2SD but to do that I need to format the card to FAT32. How the fuck can I do that? Windows shows a removable disk but I can't format it. Please heeeeelp.

Apr 15, 2006
    Is the memory card still in the phone? Try going to Settings>SD Card and Memory>Unmount SD card and try formatting it from the PC.

BTW, how come you have A2SD on 2.1? It was only introduced as a native feature in Android 2.2.

Apr 15, 2006
    The only problem is that he will be stuck with it for two years. I did that with my Magic but when I got my subscrioption it was the best device in the market. Hero came two weeks afterwards then came many others wirth a much better Android release.

Machine-wise the Magic is still great but I am still stuck with 1.5 because I can't be bothered change the ROM "illegally".
    Jack, there really is no incentive of running a stock ROM. Just take a leap of faith and install a custom ROM. It's one of the great things possible due to Android being open source.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Is the memory card still in the phone? Try going to Settings>SD Card and Memory>Unmount SD card and try formatting it from the PC.

BTW, how come you have A2SD on 2.1? It was only introduced as a native feature in Android 2.2.
    I have no idea, I don't even know what A2SD is to be honest. :p I'm following some tutorial and that's the last step.

The card is in, I can use it with the phone but I can't do shit to it from windows.

Apr 15, 2006
    In Android versions prior to 2.1, all apps were installed on the internal memory. And the internal memory was not enough for some people. So A2SD lets users move some of the installed apps to the SD card for storage. If you're not gonna install every app Android has to offer, then you need not worry about it.

BTW, which phone do you have?

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Optimus GT540.

I managed to format the card, made a 1.3GB partition fat32, 500mb ext2. I then started the autorootapp2sd.bat and it shows ***************doing root***************

but can't see anything going on. Should this be a quick process or?

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,056
    Jack, there really is no incentive of running a stock ROM. Just take a leap of faith and install a custom ROM. It's one of the great things possible due to Android being open source.
    I don't know where to start, I log in to XDA at least twice per week and I simply get lost. There are tons of threads to be read, there are millions of ROMs to be installed and gazillions of warnings that one can brick the phone.

Apr 15, 2006
    It depends. Primitive root exploits can take many attempts to get root, while better ones while only take a few seconds. If nothing happens, close the CMD window and run the batch file again.

Oh, read and follow ALL instructions.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

It depends. Primitive root exploits can take many attempts to get root, while better ones while only take a few seconds. If nothing happens, close the CMD window and run the batch file again.

Oh, read and follow ALL instructions.
    I rooted it but now everything is running slow and unresponsive...is that normal? I just unrooted it, hopefully it will go back to previous normal behaviour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)