Android (16 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I just realized that I can use skype on my phone. I've always thought skype was something of a pain, could it be that using it this way is less annoying? If anything, at least the android version might be more used and better maintained than the linux version which has been getting bug fixes only for years now.

Anyone doing this? Is it any better, smoother sound?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,563
    I just realized that I can use skype on my phone. I've always thought skype was something of a pain, could it be that using it this way is less annoying? If anything, at least the android version might be more used and better maintained than the linux version which has been getting bug fixes only for years now.

I used Skype until I discovered WhatsApp.

Apr 15, 2006

Haven't used the Linux version of Skype, but the Android version is good. It's a battery hog, and judging by the rating on the Market, you can tell that people are not happy with it. But it's a good enough for use once in a while.
    I used Skype until I discovered WhatsApp.
    You can make voice calls through WhatsApp? I tried it once with Tahir, and I got charged for an international call by my operator! :lol:
    OK.. HTC Desire HD it is!!!
    :tup:

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,565
    You can make voice calls through WhatsApp? I tried it once with Tahir, and I got charged for an international call by my operator! :lol:
    Really? :sergio: And I've been kicking it loose with my international calls, I will not be happy next month.

Apr 15, 2006
    Really? :sergio: And I've been kicking it loose with my international calls, I will not be happy next month.
    :lol: Yeah. It didn't cost a lot, so I didn't care. You should try removing your SIM, connecting to Wi-Fi and then trying to call someone and see if that works. I doubt it.

@Melo: WhatsApp is a cross-platform app. You can chat with everyone.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

The sound quality is great IMO and the app itself is good, however, it drain the battery like crazy. Absolutely can not be left running while iddle, unless you're one of those that charge the battery every 12h.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    The sound quality is great IMO and the app itself is good, however, it drain the battery like crazy. Absolutely can not be left running while iddle, unless you're one of those that charge the battery every 12h.
    lol it's ridiculous how many apps do that to the battery

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)