Android (111 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yo android friends, just got my galaxy. I am planning on getting Handcent, juice defender, what are some apps I should definitely get also. Do I need to have it off charging for a certain amount of time or can I have it on and charging? Also what is a good site or blackmarket app where I can get free apps? how to I download them onto the phone also?
No need to get Handcent, it doesn't offer anything better than the stock SMS app.

Just to be safe I like to fully charge before using new devices.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I started using it, um do you know a good way to transfer over contacts? I had to change to a micro sim. Any other apps in particular?

- - - Updated - - -

I might get go launcher, any other good options?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Which phone did you use before?

As for apps, umm I dunno. Here are some off the top of my head:

Cerberus - paid security software. Definitely worth it.
Airdroid (never plug your phone into your computer again)
Unified Remote - WiFi computer remote
FBReader - eBook reader
OurGroceries - shared multi-platform grocery list (great if you're married)
TED - TED Talks. Nuff said.
Chrome to Phone - send links from Chrome to your phone
Widgetsoid - fully customisable toggle widgets
Tripview (if there's a Melbourne version)
Dropbox
Evernote

gray

Apr 22, 2003
If you had a Desire HD before your contacts should be synced with your Google account. If they're not and you still have the phone, go and sync them. The days of carrying your contacts in your phone or SIM are long gone, my friend!

I might get go launcher, any other good options?
Noooo. GO Launcher was a decent option back in the Gingerbread days when stock Android was ugly.

Get something like Nova Launcher instead.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
nova looks like a not as good version of sense :p
I just threw up a little inside my mouth.

Personally I find Sense a bit gaudy and overdone. I understand that some people are used to it and like it, but to say that stock Android is "a not as good version of sense"? :crazy: (Nova doesn't add any visual elements; it's pretty much stock with a bunch of additional features).

Samsung's Touchwiz is even worse. It looks like the mutated bastard lovechild of Gingerbread and iOS.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I just threw up a little inside my mouth.

Personally I find Sense a bit gaudy and overdone. I understand that some people are used to it and like it, but to say that stock Android is "a not as good version of sense"? :crazy: (Nova doesn't add any visual elements; it's pretty much stock with a bunch of additional features).

Samsung's Touchwiz is even worse. It looks like the mutated bastard lovechild of Gingerbread and iOS.
i was referring to how they have that clock/weather app. i don't really know anything about it otherwise :D

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Get FotMob instead of livescore. Better app, with notifications for your favourite teams.

Airdroid lets you control the phone via WiFi. You don't need to plug your phone using a datacable. You can transfer photos, music, send messages etc etc.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Which phone did you use before?

As for apps, umm I dunno. Here are some off the top of my head:

Cerberus - paid security software. Definitely worth it.
Airdroid (never plug your phone into your computer again)
Unified Remote - WiFi computer remote
FBReader - eBook reader
OurGroceries - shared multi-platform grocery list (great if you're married)
TED - TED Talks. Nuff said.
Chrome to Phone - send links from Chrome to your phone
Widgetsoid - fully customisable toggle widgets
Tripview (if there's a Melbourne version)
Dropbox
Evernote
I'd just like to turn everyone's attention to SugarSync. I've tried them all Dropbox, Box.com, Google Drive, Sky Drive, etc. SugarSync is the best. Why? In depth comparisons here.

Off the top of my head, the biggest thing it has over competition is the fact you can synce multiple folders of your choice, across devices you want. Example: I play FM on my work PC and home PC. I just set the Sports Interactive Folder on both PCs to sync and voila. When I open the game I have the latest saves, tactics, etc. on any PC I am on currently. With Dropbox you have one folder and you need to copy your files there for them to sync, which is a pain IMO. Then you have to paste them to the game directory.

Now of course, if you wanna try it, use the link below. I need more free GB. :D

https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?...=web&utm_campaign=referral&shareEvent=3177950

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)