Android (33 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Should I get the new Bold 9900 or a Samsung Galaxy s2? I do like the new Bold a lot, by that I mean the looks of it. BBM is everywhere around me.

Galaxy S2 just had a price-drop. Hard to decide, the S2 looks like its made of plastic? Android or BB OS7?

Buy on AliExpress.com

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Should I get the new Bold 9900 or a Samsung Galaxy s2? I do like the new Bold a lot, by that I mean the looks of it. BBM is everywhere around me.

Galaxy S2 just had a price-drop. Hard to decide, the S2 looks like its made of plastic? Android or BB OS7?
Are you serious? The bold isn't Even in the same game

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I've still got about 10 months left on my Desire contract, but I'll probably hold out for the Nexus Prime, which will be announced on October 11th. Hopefully Samsung don't pull an Apple on us and announce some other garbage.

Here are the rumoured specs:

* Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (Note: we're still not sure of the version number for ICS, so take that with a grain of salt)
* 9mm thin
* 4.65-inch 1280 x 720-pixel Super AMOLED HD with curved glass
* TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 processor clocked at 1.2GHz
* 1GB of RAM
* 32GB of built-in storage
* 5-megapixel camera on the back, 1.3-megapixel in the front
* 1080p HD video capture support
* LTE/HSPA depending on carrier
* Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
* NFC
* 1,750 mAh battery

It all sounds pretty decent, and I especially love the dock contact points that Nexus phones have, but I'll be a bit disappointed if there's no SD card slot. Also I'm hoping for something more like 1.5GHz instead of 1.2

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Gray, just one question: how to make a profile active in tasker? It says that the profile is active when the letters are green, but I cant find how to activate it?

Apr 15, 2006

The BBM is coming to android soon. So no point getting it. Go for the SGS2.

Oh Gray, I think the Nexus Prime might be my next phone too. Great specs, especially if it has Ice Cream Sandwich.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Gray, just one question: how to make a profile active in tasker? It says that the profile is active when the letters are green, but I cant find how to activate it?
The profile is activated automatically when the conditions you've specified are met; you don't have to activate them

Also, there are some exciting new 'leaked' specs for the Nexus Prime, which sound more like what we've been expecting:

According to our source, the device codenamed Nexus Prime is going to ship with Samsung’s own chipset, with a blazingly fast dual-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz. But wait, there’s more.

On that chipset will also reside a powerful dual-core GPU from Imagination. We suspect it’s going to be the PowerVR SGX543MP2, or in other words, the same GPU found in the iPad 2 (and quite probably on the iPhone 4S as well).

On the back, instead of the 5-megapixel snapper, our source claims, there’s an 8-megapixel, full 1080p HD video-shooting camera with some sort of an improved sensor. As for the battery, expect a 2050mAh one (do we hear a whoa?), which should be good for a couple of days use without charging.

The Nexus Prime will also be LTE-enabled, but the most interesting part is that it would probably boast a dual-mode GSM/CDMA radio, just like the Apple iPhone 4S.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Thanks gray, I figured it out. The reason why it didnt work is because the keyboard out state is only for the physical (hardware) keyboard

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Can anyone help me with my HTC Legend? The problem is with WiFi, I can't find (see) WiFi even when I'm sitting next to router, but I catch WiFi from across the street. All my friends can see and connect to that WiFi except me :s

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Can anyone help me with my HTC Legend? The problem is with WiFi, I can't find (see) WiFi even when I'm sitting next to router, but I catch WiFi from across the street. All my friends can see and connect to that WiFi except me :s
Sounds like you'll need to upgrade the radio. Not a simple process if you haven't done this kind of stuff before you'll have to do some research.

Samsung, Google Cancel Launch Event Out of Respect for Steve Jobs
OCTOBER 7, 2011 AT 8:26AM

Well, Apple isn’t stopping its launch of the iPhone 4S, but Samsung and Google have decided to postpone an event announcing their next jointly-developed device because of the death of Steve Jobs.

The pair had been scheduled to announce the first phone based on Ice Cream Sandwich at an event Tuesday, coinciding with a wireless industry trade show in San Diego. However, on Friday the companies announced that the event was being postponed to an unspecified new date.
Sources said the companies just felt it was the wrong time to hold a launch event, as the world continues mourning Jobs, who died on Wednesday.

“Samsung and Google have decided to postpone the Samsung Mobile Unpacked event during the CTIA in San Diego, previously scheduled for Oct. 11,” Samsung said in a statement. “Under the current circumstances, both parties have agreed that this is not the appropriate time for the announcement of a new product.” Although the event was being hosted by Samsung, Google’s Andy Rubin had been scheduled to speak.

The decision to postpone was made late last night at the top levels of both companies, sources said, with Jobs’s death being the reason. There are no delays with the product itself, sources insisted. Jobs’s death has provoked a global outpouring of support, including tributes from many of those with whom Apple has clashed, of late. Adobe, for instance, had a tribute to Jobs on its home page, while Microsoft lowered its corporate flag to half-mast at all offices across the world.

UPDATE 9:04 am PT: In an updated statement, the companies confirmed they were making the move out of respect for Jobs. “We believe this is not the right time to announce a new product as the world expresses tribute to Steve Jobs’s passing,” the companies said.
It sounds more like they don't want their press coverage to be drowned out by Jobs' funeral.

To be honest, I couldn't help but think the release of ICS and the Nexus Prime would be quite appropriate for the day of Steve Jobs' funeral.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)