Android (6 Viewers)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,742
    BTW, I checked out some tabs at a local electronics store on Monday. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 is quite neat and impressive. The BB Playbook looks and feels great, but the OS is something I'll need to get used to. And the Xoom was one big-ass tab. Plus, I couldn't even turn on the damn thing.
    The Xoom has the exact same dimensions and the Galaxy 10.1 just thicker. You turn it on from the button on the back just next to the camera.

After several comparisons and reviews, I think I am set for a Xoom.

Apr 15, 2006
    The Xoom has the exact same dimensions and the Galaxy 10.1 just thicker. You turn it on from the button on the back just next to the camera.

After several comparisons and reviews, I think I am set for a Xoom.
    Not what I saw, Jack. The Xoom was heavier and thicker than the 10.1.

Also, Honeycomb was teh sex! Loved it from the very start.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,744
    Not what I saw, Jack. The Xoom was heavier and thicker than the 10.1.

Also, Honeycomb was teh sex! Loved it from the very start.
    It is heavier and I said it is thicker but it is not big-ass. It has the same dimensions except for the thickness.

Anyway, it's a matter of taste in the end, I enjoyed the Xoom better even with the extra grams that it carries. I even thought that the thickness helped in the ergonomic department.

Apr 15, 2006
    Oh, I read it incorrectly. You're right. I'm still looking for a less-expensive tab with HC on it. The Xoom costs 40k while the 10.1 was about 34k. I looking for some LG and Toshiba tabs here which I believe are less expensive. We'll see.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,746
    Oh, I read it incorrectly. You're right. I'm still looking for a less-expensive tab with HC on it. The Xoom costs 40k while the 10.1 was about 34k. I looking for some LG and Toshiba tabs here which I believe are less expensive. We'll see.
    I haven't ever seen LG or Toshiba tablets. I am not even aware of their existance. Do you have the Asus over there? It's pretty decent and should be cheaper especially if you buy it without the keyboard.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Why don't you just set it as "If Messaging is open OR Youtube is open OR Gmail is open", "Autorotate OFF"? Or does it have to specifically be when the keyboard is open?

I think there's a state called "Keyboard Out" but I've never used it before. Give that a try.

Thats how I did it before, but didnt really work properly. The whole profiles and tasks thing is confusing me, the tasker notification in the notification bar says no active profiles, and I'm not sure how to make the profile active?

As far as I understood, profile determines when to do something (gmail, youtube...) and task what to do?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Gingerbread allows screenshots without root.

You can also try this

Market link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.edwardkim.android.screenshotitfullnoroot
    Maybe your phone (SGS II, right) has built in screen shot app? Some phones do, the O2X for example.

Anyways, gray, I need your help. I dont know how to use this tasker thing :D

I want to set it so that auutorotate is off always, except when the keyboard is on (gmail, messaging), in youtube, videos... thats mostly it. Mostly its when the keyboard is on, because it really annoys me when it autorotates when I dont want it to. I dont know how to set the tasks, profiles, active, enabled, etc...
    Thanks fellas I'll see about those things. I also have no clue how to use tasker :D

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,755
    Just got the SGS2 its a sweet phone! Anyone else have this phone?
    Didn't you say you will never ever use an incomplete buggy beta Android phone ever again? and that the iPhone's usability and stability are uncomparabale? what happened?

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
    Jun 9, 2011
    Didn't you say you will never ever use an incomplete buggy beta Android phone ever again? and that the iPhone's usability and stability are uncomparabale? what happened?
    I saw the announcement of the iphone4s and that was a total dissapointment for me. So I figured I would try the sgs2 after reading some rave reviews and let me tell you its so smooth and stable can't believe its an android

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,760
    I saw the announcement of the iphone4s and that was a total dissapointment for me. So I figured I would try the sgs2 after reading some rave reviews and let me tell you its so smooth and stable can't believe its an android
    Start believing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)