Andrea Poli - CM - Sampdoria (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Yes, that's why the latest midfielders we purchased where Pirlo, Vidal and Asamoah. In that order.
Isla can be easily used as one and Pogba also happens to be one as well, CMs is the most stacked up position in our roster, but we avoid changing our starter trio, the best we can.
We are already in excess of CMs, that started using them to plug other wholes (CB,LB) how many more CMs should we bring before actually start buying the designated players for those positions?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Marrone is doing a fantastic job at CB in a three man defense, his positional sense and calmness on the ball is put perfectly to use there. Asamoah is a thunderous LWB. Would you rather have a player who is a left wing back of lower quality than Asamoah who is a CM and who can do the LWB role perfectly?

Jul 28, 2002
Wasting time on Poli? Marrotta needs to be selling and/or focusing on a prima punta! Pogba, asa and Marrone are brilliant second string midfield trio, Poli is not needed at all

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Marrone is doing a fantastic job at CB in a three man defense, his positional sense and calmness on the ball is put perfectly to use there. Asamoah is a thunderous LWB. Would you rather have a player who is a left wing back of lower quality than Asamoah who is a CM and who can do the LWB role perfectly?
I agree with that, they really had great performances, esp Asamoah.
But i believe that an 18mil dedicated LB or CB would offer better performances than Asamoah and Maronne...
Them being better by DC or Massi doesnt impress me much... imho it happens due to the fact that our team is unbalanced, so that the subs of some position, are so much better than the starters of some other, even if they play out of position...

When we have the luxury to select our tools, we should rather pick the dedicated one for the right age and then, when the season starts, improvise the best we can.
For the record i also believe that Asamoah and Maronne can help us till, x-mas were Caceres and Lucio return and it would be wiser to focus our efforts on finding a better CF than Boriello, but Poli, would really be a very stupid transfer at this point...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Asamoah has been our best player the last two games

But i'm sure an 18mil LB would also be the best performer at the unbeaten champions of italy

after all, leftbacks are something where the current football world has an abundance in talent

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
wooohooo another precious money wasted on the already around 40 millions and 7m/y wage wasted on another very average shit on our most stacked position that is going to guarantee this guy not getting any play time

whoever arranged this transfer from juve's side is an idiot period.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
wooohooo another precious money wasted on the already around 40 millions and 7m/y wage wasted on another very average shit on our most stacked position that is going to guarantee this guy not getting any play time

Asamoah and pogba are average shit ?

leftwingback was stacked ?

vidal was covered by a good sub ?

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Asamoah and pogba are average $#@! ?

leftwingback was stacked ?

vidal was covered by a good sub ?
no averages are pazienza, padoins, troisi etc

but in honest truth, you can't say pogba, buoy, marrone are 3 quality players either... nobody would pay 10 millions for them which is a standard price today for a quality player (valuing 10m it's actually underpricing btw).

and who said about left wing back? as I said before in the other thread, NO ONE, NO ONE WOULD'VE BOUGHT ASAMOAH FOR LWB position :andyandbarcelona: I agree with cronios that that asamoah looked awesome as LWB is a clear sign that the management had the wrong priority and that our LWB/LBs are so shit that a CM can became a better LWB/LB than them!

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
it is working out fine, or rather better than expected...but let's keep crying :tup:
No one is crying, but the usual gang don't have to jump on others who wish for a more permanent alternative. Asamoah has been beasting as a LWB over the course of the past 3 games, but it's 3 whole games (ooooh, big deal), not an entire season. When the season progresses, we are going to need him in CM (and we are going to miss him for a fair chunk of games when the African Cup of Nations comes around), so being concerned and asking for alternatives (particularly when you look at the options we have for RWB/RB) is plausible, in my humble opinion.

Jul 10, 2006

I think we will buy him and then allow him to stay at Samp this year on loan.

I think we should do it as long as it doesn't hurt us signing that fucking striker.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
No one is crying, but the usual gang don't have to jump on others who wish for a more permanent alternative. Asamoah has been beasting as a LWB over the course of the past 3 games, but it's 3 whole games (ooooh, big deal), not an entire season. When the season progresses, we are going to need him in CM (and we are going to miss him for a fair chunk of games when the African Cup of Nations comes around), so being concerned and asking for alternatives (particularly when you look at the options we have for RWB/RB) is plausible, in my humble opinion.
But you still were sucking Jovetic' cock for scoring 2 goals last weekend in just a game. Ohh, big deal eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)