Andrea Pirlo (105 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Some really good points in this thread from his clueless idea of tactics, his poor man management with multiple players actually getting worse and his own insecurity in his best 11 or favoured formation.

When a team plays well consistently they need confidence. To get confidence they need consistency, pirlo has given no consistency to any of our midfielders. I still don’t know what position Kulu plays because he’s been fielded from wingback to forward.

A proper managerial change will have an immediate impact. What the hell is Agnelli waiting for? All his focus must have been spent creating a braindead micro-championship that was blown out after 48 hours. Get your mind back on the job or get out of the job Agnelli. Pirlo just get out of the job you do not have what it takes

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think we did great to rebuild in summer 2015. Maybe had we sold Vidal the summer prior to ManU for 55M and got Radja, it would have turned out better in the long run. Or even got Allan for cheap in 2015... But Higuain with Pogba money was the low point imo
Nah. Vidal sale was low point of those big player sales. Higgy at least helped us get to a CL final and two domestic doubles. And possibly would have been a big part of another deep CL run the next season without the last second penalty for Madrid.

I’m not arguing that long-term Higgy was a good buy, it was a shortsighted move given his fitness issues, but he was excellent and worked his ass off for two seasons and gave this team a lot.

The Pogba sale was always happening. He wanted out to a bigger market. Keeping him against his will would have been a disaster given how shit he has been for ManU while wanting to move away. The biggest mistake we made of that period was not selling Pogba and keeping Vidal in summer 2015. Or just keeping both and still selling Pogba in 2016. Add Vidal into the 2015-16 to 2017-18 teams and we have at least 1 CL imo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Our away form is not good maybe we need to hope that super league gets revived
Thankfully of our last 5 matches, only Milan really will have anything to play for. Udinese and Bologna are safe from relegation, with no chance of Europa qualification. Sassuolo will likely be in the same boat when we play them. Inter will have surely clinched scudetto when we play them. A bitter rivalry match, so they will show up, but with less motivation one would think.

Who knows what Juve side will show up, but we only have ourselves to blame if we can’t get it done against teams with no real need to get points.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Nah. Vidal sale was low point of those big player sales. Higgy at least helped us get to a CL final and two domestic doubles. And possibly would have been a big part of another deep CL run the next season without the last second penalty for Madrid.

I’m not arguing that long-term Higgy was a good buy, it was a shortsighted move given his fitness issues, but he was excellent and worked his ass off for two seasons and gave this team a lot.

The Pogba sale was always happening. He wanted out to a bigger market. Keeping him against his will would have been a disaster given how shit he has been for ManU while wanting to move away. The biggest mistake we made of that period was not selling Pogba and keeping Vidal in summer 2015. Or just keeping both and still selling Pogba in 2016. Add Vidal into the 2015-16 to 2017-18 teams and we have at least 1 CL imo.
Vidal was leaving regardless, and it seemed like he was on a decline after the injury and insistence to play at the WC. I think they wanted to sell him summer of 2014 even, but decided to give him another year. He struggled a lot in 14/15.

Edit, pressed post before finishing: the worse part than selling him was not replacing him, and we had two opportunities in Radja and Allan both going to domestic rivals on the cheap. I'd argue losing Tevez was the bigger blow, even if we replaced him with a combo of Dybala/Mandzu. Vidal wasn't as key as some others in our 2015 season

Higuain was a Madrid cast out who they were ready to sell for 24M to us, before milking Napoli after the Cavani sale. He had a record breaking season but he wasn't what we needed at that point. We never struggled with scoring goals, what we struggled with is stability in the middle. We needed to replace Pogba with another wc mid, not a finisher. We had Dybala already as our go to finisher, and Mandzukic as a working partner off him. Morata leaving was a blow, but he was more replaceable than Pogba.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Vidal was leaving regardless, and it seemed like he was on a decline after the injury and insistence to play at the WC. I think they wanted to sell him summer of 2014 even, but decided to give him another year. He struggled a lot in 14/15.
He struggled at the start of the season in 14-15 and then was fantastic after that.

He wanted to stay, wanted a proper contract extension, and we instead chose to sell him for off-field issues. Given that he had a fantastic couple years at Bayern, it was really a no-brainer to extend him. Giving that social media clown Pogba the 10 and betting on him to stay was the biggest mistake they made. Vidal was infinitely more worthy of this club.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He struggled at the start of the season in 14-15 and then was fantastic after that.

He wanted to stay, wanted a proper contract extension, and we instead chose to sell him. Given that he had a fantastic couple years at Bayern, it was really a no-brainer to extend him. Giving that social media clown Pogba the 10 and betting on him to stay was the biggest mistake they made. Vidal was infinitely more worthy of this club.
I edited my post^^^

He wasn't fantastic, that's just bs. He was our 2nd highest earner after Tevez already and we couldn't afford those kind of salaries that he got in Bayern yet. And I don't know how you can say he wanted to stay? Where you get that from? Fact is he left, very cheap for a player of his caliber, got a hefty raise in his next club, and talked about making a step up in his career afterwards. Whether he wanted to stay or not is just speculation. Pogba was a young up and coming star that went for 100M just 12 months later. And we won the double easily with him as a protagonist, also should have eliminated Bayern in the CL with some luck/more favorable calls. Funny how you are salty one left, but make excuses and claim he wanted to stay for the other. I could do the same. Pogba wanted to stay but there was pre agreement with Raiola and he wanted his cut from the transfer. One went to inter of all clubs, the other will return here next summer. Your agenda against him is just pety

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I edited my post^^^

He wasn't fantastic, that's just bs. He was our 2nd highest earner after Tevez already and we couldn't afford those kind of salaries that he got in Bayern yet. And I don't know how you can say he wanted to stay? Where you get that from? Fact is he left, very cheap for a player of his caliber, got a hefty raise in his next club, and talked about making a step up in his career afterwards. Whether he wanted to stay or not is just speculation. Pogba was a young up and coming star that went for 100M just 12 months later. And we won the double easily with him as a protagonist, also should have eliminated Bayern in the CL with some luck/more favorable calls. Funny how you are salty one left, but make excuses and claim he wanted to stay for the other. I could do the same. Pogba wanted to stay but there was pre agreement with Raiola and he wanted his cut from the transfer. One went to inter of all clubs, the other will return here next summer. Your agenda against him is just pety
Sure dude. I know you worship Pogba, but he is the most overrated clown in football. And he created a literal ad campaign about leaving and how he was the next big thing in football. First never follows, ya know. Except he’s complete trash now, so :lol:

The news at the time was all about Vidal wanting a long term extension with Juve and that we were disappointed in his off-field behaviour and his determination to play in the World Cup and put his next season at risk. He made those comments after leaving because he was probably pretty upset that the club didn’t want to keep him obviously, after giving so much. And yeah, he was fantastic in the second half of 2014-15, you saying he wasn’t means nothing, since you’ve been bashing him and worshipping Pogba since forever.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Sure dude. I know you worship Pogba, but he is the most overrated clown in football. And he created a literal ad campaign about leaving and how he was the next big thing in football. First never follows, ya know. Except he’s complete trash now, so :lol:

The news at the time was all about Vidal wanting a long term extension with Juve and that we were disappointed in his off-field behaviour and his determination to play in the World Cup and put his next season at risk. He made those comments after leaving because he was probably pretty upset that the club didn’t want to keep him obviously, after giving so much. And yeah, he was fantastic in the second half of 2014-15, you saying he wasn’t means nothing, since you’ve been bashing him and worshipping Pogba since forever.
Again, I don't worship no football players unlike some of you fools. But I like some more, it's arbitrary and personal opinion, no one forced you to like the same players. That was a adidas campaign, I'm sure if adidas came to you and told you they want to make you a face of their campaign, just do this and that, you would say no thanks, I'm fine. But yes, Pogba created a campaign to mess with poor Juve fans hearts, he so evil :sad:

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/articles/vidal-completes-move-to-bayern-munich

Juve statement

https://www.eurosport.com/football/...m-juventus-in-28m-deal_sto4837109/story.shtml

Mentions Juve once, no thanks to Juve, it's fans, nothing. I want to win CL. In Chile they are proud that I moved to a big club. Now I'm ready, and have the experience to play for a club like Bayern. Bayern is one of the top3 clubs in the world.

It's clear who shows respect to who here, and who's a muppet. And you still say he was fantastic lol. You know the meaning of that word? Vidal before injury was fantastic. Tevez that season was fantastic. Vidal was our 3rd-4th best mid that season, bad at the beginning, later improved but was a shadow of his pre injury self. Should have sold him in 2014. Would have netted us a heftier sum and the opportunity to sign Radja before Roma. Then we don't lose much in 2015, and are way better off in the long run

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)