Andrea Pirlo (99 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I'm actually pretty sure that if we just gave this man the time required, it would benefit us greatly in the long run. I do like his ideas about football. Problem, though, especially for him, is that Juve has zero tolerance when it comes to not winning. I wouldn't be surprised if the decision to fire him has been taken already. And if we do fire him, we'll ofc be fine, we'll get someone more experienced and the show will go on, and we will eventually win stuff again. After all, it's Juventus. No reason to panic. But I have this sneaky feeling that Pirlo may become a great name of coaches in the years to come, and that firing him now could turn out to be another "Ancelotti"-mistake on our part.

Pure speculation, of course. If one are simply looking for current facts, all signs point towards firing him immediately.

But so they did in the disfavour of Alex Ferguson, in the late 80s, at Man United, after some dreadful campaigns. And we all know what happened after that.

I'm not saying one should keep a mediocre coach for the slim chance of him turning out to be another SAF or Zidane or whatever. That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is: If you do decide to take a gamble, on an unproven coach like Pirlo, which is what we did in the summer of 2020, then you have to understand that such a rookie coach is bound to make mistakes and that he needs time to learn how to properly get his ideas across to the team. Not to mention time to actually build his team. I feel firing Pirlo is somewhat of a knee-jerk reaction by Juve. There's just something that doesn't feel right about it, regardless of how poorly we're doing at the moment. When you make SUCH a high risk signing as Pirlo as your coach, then in my opinion you have to have the balls to see it through, at least a couple of seasons. One more as the bare minimum. You just don't say "Ok sure rookie, the team is yours, we know you have zero experience but we want the CL and the scudetto in our very first season, k byyye". Firing him now will feel like that's how we operate, and if that's the case then our problem isn't Pirlo, it's the monkeybrains up top.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
This guy has a clueless face almost all the time. And he always looked scared. Even when his job wasn't in question.

And for fuck sake just raise your voice once in a game, at least. Just fucking once. Show us you're alive and you will never give up, like in the 2011, when nobody believed in you but us.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So let's say we win a respectable 7/9 remaining games, play decent enough and manage to finish 2nd place.

What's the verdict then?

You think he stays or has the damage already been done?
7/9 means we finish with 80-82pts, I can see them justify that with us finishing around the same pts total as sarri who won scudetto, while struggling with Covid and injuries, and that it was inters jump in quality that was decisive, not our regression. So yeah, I think he has a chance to stay in that case. Especially if we end the season with 2 cups

- - - Updated - - -

| @RomeoAgresti: “At Juventus there is great chaos. At each game, Baronio gets up from the bench and talks, Pinsoglio gets up and talks, everyone speaks except Pirlo . A manager of another team (whose name I cannot name) told me, in confidence, that this is not good.”
You don't need a manager to tell you that's not good

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
This guy has a clueless face almost all the time. And he always looked scared. Even when his job wasn't in question.

And for fuck sake just raise your voice once in a game, at least. Just fucking once. Show us you're alive and you will never give up, like in the 2011, when nobody believed in you but us.
Pirlo keeps saying that he constantly communicates with the players I wonder what instructions he gives during training sessions

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Pirlo looked back over the season so far, seeing Inter 11 points clear at the top of the Serie A table, and was asked about his regrets.
“I made many mistakes, but I’d make them all again. This is my first season, I needed those experiences for the present and the future.
“This was a more complicated campaign not just for me, but for many other coaches too. Everyone makes mistakes, including me, but I can learn from those and not repeat them in future.
“Our objective now is a top four finish, because it’s difficult to get to the top. There are 10 games to go, it’s a mini-season we hope to win, and then prepare for the Coppa Italia.”

====

is it me or is this kind of goodbye between the lines ?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Pirlo looked back over the season so far, seeing Inter 11 points clear at the top of the Serie A table, and was asked about his regrets.
“I made many mistakes, but I’d make them all again. This is my first season, I needed those experiences for the present and the future.
“This was a more complicated campaign not just for me, but for many other coaches too. Everyone makes mistakes, including me, but I can learn from those and not repeat them in future.
“Our objective now is a top four finish, because it’s difficult to get to the top. There are 10 games to go, it’s a mini-season we hope to win, and then prepare for the Coppa Italia.”

====

is it me or is this kind of goodbye between the lines ?
It's you ;)

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Pirlo keeps saying that he constantly communicates with the players I wonder what instructions he gives during training sessions
Going by how we play and the stupied things our players does, probably tell them to never clear a ball and its better to let in silly goals than kick the ball away. Involve the gk with passes any chance you get, and there are no fixed positions, just run around and stand where it feels just right. Things like that. Oh and ronaldo is boss on field, in the locker and when the players are home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 87)