Andrea Pirlo (43 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I don't understand the thinking behind appointing Pirlo. Unless they were hoping for a Zidane like miracle but unlikely seeing as he never coached any team before unlike Zidane.

Still he will have my support until the season ends and we can evaluate everything then. If he shows good signs of progress I wouldn't be against him being here next season. We need stability with one manager who has a clear vision and play style with the team.
Zidane only coached the Real Madrid B team, which hardly counts as experience in my books.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
Seeing Pirlo with the directors at Primavera games really makes me believe that he’s here for the long haul, unless something shocking happens as not reaching top 4 and/or getting kicked out of the CL by Porto.

Why even bothering watching boys born in 2002 and 2003 if you’re not planning to use them after a few years. I’d understand it from Tici for plusvalenza reasons.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Seeing Pirlo with the directors at Primavera games really makes me believe that he’s here for the long haul, unless something shocking happens as not reaching top 4 and/or getting kicked out of the CL by Porto.

Why even bothering watching boys born in 2002 and 2003 if you’re not planning to use them after a few years. I’d understand it from Tici for plusvalenza reasons.
Wasn't even sarri seen smoking at primavera games last season?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So what is the deal with our underperforming mids? Bentancur has always been inconsistent but what about Rabiot and Ramsey? These are players at a high level technically and physically? Arthur was supposed to be a high level technically?

Surely they aren't all just mediocre no?

Systemic oppression or are they all just bums?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
ineffective tactics and ineffective training is what i would say.

it was same under ferrara and del neri. i hated how midfield couldn't pass the ball more than 2 passes without losing the ball. then conte came and he DRILLED into the team the importance of keeping possession att all costs (hence the jokes about corners always going back to our own keeper)

sure, he had better midfielders, but the tactics clearly were night and day difference than the 2 coaches before him.

this lack of midfield cohesion started under allegri in 2017 onwards. his tactics were score one goal and let other team keep ball just rely on defense saving you. thats why you would see juve struggle to break down even smaller teams. the always "tactical" 1-0 wins. let other keep as much possession and chances as needed.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
So what is the deal with our underperforming mids? Bentancur has always been inconsistent but what about Rabiot and Ramsey? These are players at a high level technically and physically? Arthur was supposed to be a high level technically?

The way I see it this is the level of these midfielders. Pirlo's system is not making them shine (like Gasperini does with everyone), but also not detracting from them (like Conte does with Erikssen).

Ramsey is more forward than midfielder, he doesn't have the awareness to control a game, his thing is being technical, creative, and attack between the lines. Rabiot has underperformed his whole career, physical and technical gifts above the rest but no attitude to win. PSG and France have had enough problems with him, at least here he hasn't behaved badly, so I still like him, but he is lazier than the others.

Arthur is coming good though, I'm a supporter. We are seeing him adapt and grow.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

It's about tactics and player characteristics.
For me, both Ramsey and Rabiot are better players(passing wise, moving into channels, running with the ball)than benta in the MC role, but their problem is their lack of stamina and lack of intensity in ball recovery.

That's why I belive whenever one of them starts(Arthur, rabiot or Ramsey) he should always be paired with the other 2 mids that can keep a high intensity, Mckennie and benta.

That's why I think Arthur has a resurgence because the other two can and do the grunt work( pressing, ball recovery, harrasing opposition).

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Wait are We now comparing him to a tenth placed lampard who had been there a year longer, at a club which changes managers literally once a year and who have spent what 300M under him?
Pirlo took over from sarri a chain smoking chimp, with zero prep time..
bilan are in thier best form in a decade and conte has been building merda for some time now, yet a win at samp means we are only 4 and 2 points behind and logic says they will drop more points. Unless we are talking about a video game, I'd say Pirlo has done ok...the best is yet to come.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
He’s doing a much better job than Lampard, but Juve’s standards are also higher than Chelsea’s.
Isn't this Lampard's second year?

- - - Updated - - -

Wait are We now comparing him to a tenth placed lampard who had been there a year longer, at a club which changes managers literally once a year and who have spent what 300M under him?
bilan are in thier best form in a decade and conte has been building merda for some time now, yet a win at samp means we are only 4 and 2 points behind and logic says they will drop more points. Unless we are talking about a video game, I'd say Pirlo has done ok...the best is yet to come.
I agree he had no time to prep... but it's been more than 6 months since he took over juve, and yet we can't string 3 passes. This Milan team is nothing extraordinary. They are bunch of teenagers. Losing scudetto to Pioli and Granpa Ibra would be such a shame.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
1611630978207.gif

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Isn't this Lampard's second year?

- - - Updated - - -

I agree he had no time to prep... but it's been more than 6 months since he took over juve, and yet we can't string 3 passes. This Milan team is nothing extraordinary. They are bunch of teenagers. Losing scudetto to Pioli and Granpa Ibra would be such a shame.
That 6 months he has had is like 3 months in a normal season almost..this season with matches so close together, there is little time to train and what time there is you need to rest players, much less time/energy to physically implement ideas on training pitch so basically more theory less actual training.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
That 6 months he has had is like 3 months in a normal season almost..this season with matches so close together, there is little time to train and what time there is you need to rest players, much less time/energy to physically implement ideas on training pitch so basically more theory less actual training.
Agree. Was never going to be easy. Add injuries and players with covid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)