Andrea Pirlo (72 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Every true Juve fan should root for him. Wanting him and Juve to fail just so you can say ‘See, I told you’ is pathetic.
I don't see it, and I didn't see it under Sarri either.

A lot of members thought he wasn't a good fit, and they were right - BUT I very much doubt they were happy over the outcome.
Just like no one is gonna be happy if Pirlo fucks it all up.

It's about not wanting Juve to lose out on the scudetto, not about proving some strangers on a Juve forum wrong.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
That 6 months he has had is like 3 months in a normal season almost..this season with matches so close together, there is little time to train and what time there is you need to rest players, much less time/energy to physically implement ideas on training pitch so basically more theory less actual training.
There will always be excuses.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

A lot of members thought he wasn't a good fit, and they were right - BUT I very much doubt they were happy over the outcome.

It's about not wanting Juve to lose out on the scudetto, not about proving some strangers on a Juve forum wrong.
What the Kraut said.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

People who expected Sarri ti finish third were not happy with the Scudetto secured early? If Pirlo wins Serie A I'm gonna be ecstatic, because this time we really look like finishing 3rd

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
There will always be excuses.
There are zero top teams, across any league who have started this abnormal season with a new coach with exception of milan I believe and the rest of the top teams (except Bayern, and we know the gap in that league) are alot less dominant.This confirms it's a level playing field for all, in that it's alot harder for all coaches this season as you say no excuses.
But for a NEW coach its exponentially more difficult this season than any other..example Conte with clear and physically tested out ideas on the pitch is already hitting the ground running so you already have to struggle and suffer to keep up from get go because the "gap" between the teams which Pirlo would have ordinarily had say 2 months time to close, he now has one month..and we play twice as much during that one month so you need relatively more rest to recover than usual so that one month has to be carved up even more..now you got to chose to over train and risk injury or rest them and draw ideas on a board. I really believe some experienced managers could do alot worse.
Anyway starting to look like we are catching up a little but this season is very different.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
There are zero top teams, across any league who have started this abnormal season with a new coach with exception of milan I believe and the rest of the top teams (except Bayern, and we know the gap in that league) are alot less dominant.This confirms it's a level playing field for all, in that it's alot harder for all coaches this season as you say no excuses.
But for a NEW coach its exponentially more difficult this season than any other..example Conte with clear and physically tested out ideas on the pitch is already hitting the ground running so you already have to struggle and suffer to keep up from get go because the "gap" between the teams which Pirlo would have ordinarily had say 2 months time to close, he now has one month..and we play twice as much during that one month so you need relatively more rest to recover than usual so that one month has to be carved up even more..now you got to chose to over train and risk injury or rest them and draw ideas on a board. I really believe some experienced managers could do alot worse.
Anyway starting to look like we are catching up a little but this season is very different.
D9741E8B-CB8F-4E1A-A550-4F43CFB9F96B.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Every true Juve fan should root for him. Wanting him and Juve to fail just so you can say ‘See, I told you’ is pathetic.
Maybe it is not about Juve to fail rather keep yourself away from disappointments and bad emotions...

No expectations with Pirlo ... he could hit or miss .... i dont like his approach.... i lowered my expectations.... but i wish him to win here .... but i dont hold hopes to not feel bad if we really fucked up this season

Last edited:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Great 1st half, noticably tired in the 2nd one. Needs to use subs sooner. Over the last few weeks, with exception vs inter, we have made some major improvements. Looking more composed and solid at the back, with a clear idea when going forward. Our transition and build up is quicker.

- - - Updated - - -

Midfield three should be: Arthur - Rabiot - Mckennie
Bentacur is miles ahead of Rabiot.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We had the superior material and we know that Ranieri is not quite the tactician to compensate. So we just had to play decent and dont underperform much and so we did!
I expect/hope from Pirlo to become a better coach than Ranieri, Ranieri never came up with an attacking plan...

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Now that we’ve played 19 games in the league, here’s my assessment of Pirlo.

The good:
- Fluid movements in attack are more common than the last 2 seasons
- Flexible tactical outlook
- Opportunities given to youngsters
-emphasis on performance over reputation
The bad
- subs have been inconsistent. He’s spot on sometimes, but too late on other occasions
- Failure to control the game when leading and lack of killer mentality to close out the result
- Poor intensity in games against top teams (has been a problem for a long time with Juve)

Overall, I’d give him a 7/10, which is pretty good given the circumstances (tight schedule, no preseason, players out rock Covid).

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
The difference between Pirlo and Sarri is there’s actual progression under Pirlo. Sarris club was the same at the end of the season as the beginning, maybe even worse.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i'd mention two positives: good relationship with the squad, learned from his mistakes (careless press, too much space between midfield and defense, "our mids are mostly suited to 2-man midfield setups" nonsense)

next steps should be: working on a b-plan, better game management and get dybala back in form

Jun 16, 2020
I feel a lot more excited than I felt in the last years, it’s due to the new players but also due to Pirlo.

One thing I need to mention is that our squad fitness improved a lot. Probably because we have younger players and because Bertelli returned, but damn what a problem that was in the past years.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
i'd mention two positives: good relationship with the squad, learned from his mistakes (careless press, too much space between midfield and defense, "our mids are mostly suited to 2-man midfield setups" nonsense)

next steps should be: working on a b-plan, better game management and get dybala back in form
I agree. I appreciate that he isn't married to a system, one way of playing like some of the more experienced managers. Maybe it can be a positive that we are phasing in so many new players with him.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

and just stop playing bernadeschi would be a massive improvement in Pirlo's style alone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)