Andrea Pirlo (45 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
It's really time to fire Pirlo. He is potentially 10 points behind in the league, has lost the supercup, has lost the cup to a 3rd division team and lost to scrubs in CL... oh wait no nvm that is Zidane. Pirlo is potentially 5th in the league, maybe 7 points behind leaders once missing matches are played, lost at home to relegation contenders and hasn't won in the league in a month!... scratch that last part, I got confused by Klopp.
Why do you want to challenge people narratives?

- - - Updated - - -

He is not what we were expected him to be as a coach but I will not fire him right away. I would still give him full pre season preparations with friendlies and everything and provide him with quality midfield before jumping into any conclusion. We have seen glimpses of great performances so far but lacked consistency. Being inconsistent is a sign of inexperience, be it a player or a coach.

He has some experienced players behind him that will stay by him and not throw him under the bus on the first corner. Also he has the utmost support from the top management as well. So somehow he will deliver. He already started doing this by winning the Super Coppa.
That being said, I don`t see him being fired at the end of season.
That's what I've been saying from the very beginning. It's really difficult situation for the lack of preseason, friendlies, playing every three days, missing key players, players out of form, youngster in the team...

I've been backing him up, however Merda game was like too much. The fragile left flank, man marking Lukaku with Chiello the entire pitch leaving a serie C player like Frabotta exposed. Hopefully he learnt the lesson for good

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It's really time to fire Pirlo. He is potentially 10 points behind in the league, has lost the supercup, has lost the cup to a 3rd division team and lost to scrubs in CL... oh wait no nvm that is Zidane. Pirlo is potentially 5th in the league, maybe 7 points behind leaders once missing matches are played, lost at home to relegation contenders and hasn't won in the league in a month!... scratch that last part, I got confused by Klopp.
I get the sentiment but Klopp and Zidane have both won the league and CL with their respective clubs.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Important win today. A bit scrappy at times but we created a lot of great chances that unfortunately Bernadeschi, Cuad, CR didnt finish, to kill the game earlier. Midfield of Arthur, McKennie and Bentacur is looking good. Keep it up.

Jun 16, 2020
Great game. Besides the start of the second half where Bologna started more aggressive.

The midfield puzzle is solved imo, now I hope that Kulu or Chiesa will start to adapt as LM. Arthur, Bentancur and McKennie really compliment each other.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Definitely an improved performance. The first half in particular was good, we looked far more solid and should have been 2 or 3 up.

Started the second half terribly but improved. I think a better side would gave taken advantage of that.

Still the last two games have been encouraging in terms of our shape.

Jun 16, 2020
Definitely an improved performance. The first half in particular was good, we looked far more solid and should have been 2 or 3 up.

Started the second half terribly but improved. I think a better side would gave taken advantage of that.

Still the last two games have been encouraging in terms of our shape.
Also credits to Bologna who started the second half really well.

We won the game by 2 goals of our midfielders. Let that sink in. Feels like I haven’t been saying that for years

Its for me really the exciting part about this team, we finally have 6 players who can score and create; Ronaldo, Dybala, Morata, Chiesa, Kulu, McKennie and Cuadrado. To bad Berna just can’t and Ramsey I don’t trust that much.

Higuain still has one goal so far. MLS stopped due to COVID or is he underperforming there?

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I don't understand the thinking behind appointing Pirlo. Unless they were hoping for a Zidane like miracle but unlikely seeing as he never coached any team before unlike Zidane.

Still he will have my support until the season ends and we can evaluate everything then. If he shows good signs of progress I wouldn't be against him being here next season. We need stability with one manager who has a clear vision and play style with the team.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I don't understand the thinking behind appointing Pirlo. Unless they were hoping for a Zidane like miracle but unlikely seeing as he never coached any team before unlike Zidane.

Still he will have my support until the season ends and we can evaluate everything then. If he shows good signs of progress I wouldn't be against him being here next season. We need stability with one manager who has a clear vision and play style with the team.
That's why you are you, and not Agnelli.

Jk man, no offence. But yeah, Agnelli is no fool - even if this decision may turn out to be a disaster, he would have had his reasons for doing something that seems so crazy to us.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Great game. Besides the start of the second half where Bologna started more aggressive.

The midfield puzzle is solved imo, now I hope that Kulu or Chiesa will start to adapt as LM. Arthur, Bentancur and McKennie really compliment each other.
I still think the middle is a little light. I think Sandro when back should be tried on the left of midfield

goalie
Cuadrado de ligt chiellini danilo
Chiesa mckennie benta sandro
Morata Ronaldo

i think it gives more security and has most of our in form players this season

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I still think the middle is a little light. I think Sandro when back should be tried on the left of midfield

goalie
Morata Ronaldo

No no no. Arthur, despite all his flaws, MUST play. And yes, we're a "little light" in midfield, no matter who's in the starting 11.

Aug 2, 2005

goalie
Morata Ronaldo

Thats like 424 if we put each player in their original position.
While Adding Sandro to this lineup does not add security to MF. It would only stack the wings, also forget creativity upfront.

Not going to happen

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
You can't attack for 90 minutes, but the way an average Bologna side pressed us at the start od the second half is worrying. We completely lost the control of the game. Also our finishing was very bad. Have a feeling we would have won 5-0 had Morata and Chiesa started the game.

All in all, we're getting better, creating lots of chanches and improving our defensive game.

May 26, 2016
Decent first half today, second half turned into a scrappy mess. Not sure what is gonna make him understand that Berna is useless, cause he keeps playing him.

Kulusevski also looked lost today.

Still 3 crucial points, need to build on this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)