Andrea Pirlo (40 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think his attacking ideas have serious potential. It's much better than Sarri's. There is a lot of width and a lot of players between the lines.

What I don't understand is the complete lack of counter-pressing when you already have so many players in attack. You simply have to counter-press in this situation. You cannot retreat your back line when all your attack is miles ahead. All that does is create a GIANT gap between the midfield and defence.

I think if he used a high line, zonal marking concept like Sarri, it would be a much more compact team. Instead, the CBs are clearly turning and running with their backs to the play. So the opponent's strikers just stretch us completely vertically, with no consequence, and it's so easy to find space between the back line and the midfield. It's comical.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
The situations aren’t comparable. Zidane spent a few seasons as Ancelotti’s assistant while he coached Madrid and was there close-up learning. He even had a full season stint as the reserve coach. Pirlo has literally been tossed into the role from nowhere.
That is why it is gamble I don't know what will happen to us if we face any decent team in the next round

- - - Updated - - -

I think his attacking ideas have serious potential. It's much better than Sarri's. There is a lot of width and a lot of players between the lines.

What I don't understand is the complete lack of counter-pressing when you already have so many players in attack. You simply have to counter-press in this situation. You cannot retreat your back line when all your attack is miles ahead. All that does is create a GIANT gap between the midfield and defence.

I think if he used a high line, zonal marking concept like Sarri, it would be a much more compact team. Instead, the CBs are clearly turning and running with their backs to the play. So the opponent's strikers just stretch us completely vertically, with no consequence, and it's so easy to find space between the back line and the midfield. It's comical.
He is learning there is no magical wand to transform the team

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Just seemed like an average European CL evening with Juventus. We always have some lousy games some now and then. Was the same with Marlboro man against Spartak last year or with Allegri against Young Guys the season before.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
“He [Arthur] got a bit pig-headed today keeping hold of the ball and trying to find more direct through balls when he should’ve spread it wide and tried to spread the Ferencvaros defence"

From reading the live thread you would have thought it was the other way around. Expect more safe wide and back passes in the games to come, boys.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I dont dislike Pirlo. He is one of the coolest players. Its such a joy to see him on the sidelines. He simply sucks as a coach and we went from bad to worse.
Lol he sucks as a coach? How do you know, based on the 3 months he's been here?

Look, it's quite possible he'll be a flop. But there's no way to know at this point that he's not good enough.

I'm not gonna go into all the factors that has made his start especially difficult, but despite all that it's been a mixed beginning. Decent results, some nice performances, some shit ones.

I'm not sure what you folks are expecting from the team at this point. A 100% record and playing like peak Allegri-Juve?

Jun 6, 2015
Yeah I don't get this criticism towards the rotation Pirlo is doing. We'll be playing two games a week for most of the season. Quite obvious that there is going to be plenty of rotation for the whole duration of the season. We have a bench full of international level players for this reason. They simply have to perform better when called upon.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah I don't get this criticism towards the rotation Pirlo is doing. We'll be playing two games a week for most of the season. Quite obvious that there is going to be plenty of rotation for the whole duration of the season. We have a bench full of international level players for this reason. They simply have to perform better when called upon.
good points.

to add to the rotation point: lots of players have been injured or corona banged.

dybala injured. chiellini injured. ramsey injured. bonucci injured. sandro injured.chiesa injured. de ligt injured.cuadrado injured. demiral injured. rabiot injured. ronaldo corona banged.

thats 11 players that have missed matches in 2 months of season starting. rotation can't be avoided anyway

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
this season was always going to be a transitional season. Pirlo is not going to be sacked soon.

Everyone knows it except some of the turds here saying "hurr durr but that's loser mentality". Its reality faggots get used to it. the whole football world is experiecing an unprecedented crisis and, unfortunately for Tuz, it happened the same summer in whcih we have to a massive clear out. Sack a shit coach and a bunch of old deadwood to return with a much younger revamped squad.

It was the right move, delaying it further would've been stupid. Keeping Sarri, or any of the players we dropped, would've been just kicking the problem further down the road. Now its time to deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

The point I am making @DAiDEViL is that I don't expect Pirlo to be sacked anytime soon.

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Dont get his harsh words on Arthur, I liked him not always picking the obvious pass to fullback/CB and trying to wiggle forward and break things up, dont think it slowed things down much. Arthur spends most of his time around centre circle, will it really spread the defense if he dumps the ball on Sandro with one touch?

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
3-5-2 is proven to be a failed system, like 3-4-3 and communism.

History has shown us that it doesn’t work.
Normally I'd agree with you but since many teams are moving to 3 man defenses, the 3-5-2 (and 3-4-3) is not as outdated.
I for one, prefer the 3-4-3 over the 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 for our team, since we lack a perfect midfield (ala 2012 to 2015).
I think, more than anything, intensity, pressing and solidity in the defensive phase are far more important than the formation on paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)