Andrea Pirlo (39 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
If his name was Sarri he would be crucified by now.
His appointment was a mistake.

in 3 years we managed to :

Sack Marotta
Sack Allegri
Hire Sarri
Force Dybala out of the club ( thank god we failed)
Sign Pirlo and say we are aiming for CL

Our era is over. That rat face Conte is going to win it and his Inter is not even that strong. We are slowly but surely becoming a joke. Small teams don’t fear us anymore and that’s when you start losing points.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
We need another good wingback so we can have proper width on both wings. An in form Sandro would've been useful against Barca.
Cuads is doing a good job on his end. He was one of the only decent performers

Also need to fix the defence. Hoping MDL's return is soon and makes a big difference. Demiral is still shaky

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
for two man mid to work. he needs the tactically superior khedira.

no this isn't a joke. khedira's intelligence and experience would be very useful in this midfield. both from a calming presence and a tactical presence.

actually for any of midfield formations to work, khedira would be huge asset to make the team function

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Kulusevski sucked in the game and needed to be subbed. McKennie coming on is fine.

Playing him as winger wasn't tho...
After 8 minutes, he replaced Benta with Arthur and Rabiot with Berna. I thought McKennie goes as MC and Berna as winger by then. Replacing both our MC when game still in chase 0-1 is a risky one though

Ramsey subs for Kulu or Dybala actually would also do good for Kulu / Dybala whom stay on the pitch.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
How many of the top sides around Europe are functioning properly yet?

Of those that are.. whose lineup is as changed as ours. new coach, new tactics and has as many first team players replaced or still here but currently injured? It barely resembles anything from last season.

I'm not saying results are acceptable. I'm not but the meltdown is excessive.

This is a crazy situation and im not going to give up on Pirlo this quickly
Yep, unless we really really suck coming mid-season (like being out of the top 4 teams by then) I would stick with Pirlo.

It was a huge gamble by our management to hire him in the first place but it would be even more foolish to fire him now. Personally even with the bad results so far, I'm seeing some glimpses of a decent team movement (even in the games we lost points in).

This team needs time to develop, the fans wouldn't like it since we'll probably drop even more points in the coming games. But since the management took that bold decision to hire Pirlo in the first place they should stick with him and give him a proper chance (personally i think till the end of the season even if this season sucked).

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
The thing is, players don`t know what are they doing on the field. Nobody knows what their role is. They are not motivated at all. They lack tactical discipline and discipline in general, they are unorganized and completely dysfunctional. We don`t have a game plan, let alone execution on the plan itself. Sub par performance week in and week, lots of changes in the starting 11, awful substitution decisions.
Pirlo is completely clueless. It seems like his assistants are not giving him any help but I don`t care. He is all about excuses now, even though he already wasted the golden one by saying the players have been training together for few days now and that is not enough

I recall not long ago when he was so courageous saying he doesnt feel any pressure, he is used to pressure throughout his career and that he is pretty relaxed and positive that we will be on the top once the season ends :lol:

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
It’s not abot how other teams are also out of form and since covid everything got weird.
The problem is as many here stated, we don’t look like a team, we don’t have any clear plan, I’m watching the game and I don’t really know where some of our players will pop up next, and it looks like they don’t know either. Only Morata was striker, Cuardado some kind of wingback, Bonucci defender and Scezny a GK, rest of the team was all over the place...

You see Demiral making crazy tackles almost in Barca’s side of field, why?

For me it’s really hard to watch this games, it’s like watching amateurs play futsal...

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Like 5 or 6 disallowed goals and 3 red cards in his first few matches. He really got in a big shit, experiments with three man defence didnt help his position at all.
But they were all correct decisions?
The Rabiot red card was also Pirlo’s fault, that guy was launching himself into tackles 20 minutes beforehand while on a yellow card - the warning signs were there and Pirlo with his pedestrian game management failed to act.

The offside goals are unfortunate, but they’re offside... they don’t count. They’re not within the rules. Aside from the offside goals and the goals we have scored I don’t recall us creating anything of note in 6 games. Nothing like what our opponents have created against us.

Roma should have beaten us 4-2, Barca should have beaten us 5-0, Crotone and Verona were also really unlucky not to beat us. Pirlo isn’t unlucky in this situation, he’s incredibly fortunate that we scraped 3 serie a draws.

We’ve played 1 game well - vs samp. Even against Dynamo last week we were really bad.

I want to support Pirlo, I want this to work out. But he looks and feels so far out of his depth, there are really no encouraging signs from the performances we are serving up

Last edited:

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I hope he changes a few things. It's not going well at all so far, but he's also been very unlucky.
First one should be with 4 at the back.
I dont like his 3-4-1-2 when attacking. His plan is to put Chiesa very up wide but don't have any overlapping fullback or players supporting. There are times Chiesa got 2 Barca players in front of him. When we use 4-2-3-1 even at attacking phase, we can have Danilo support forward when we go from left and Cuad is more defensive on the right and vice versa. When Cuad/Kulu attacking from the right, it will be Danilo who stays more defensive

Jun 16, 2020
I dont like his 3-4-1-2 when attacking. His plan is to put Chiesa very up wide but don't have any overlapping fullback or players supporting. There are times Chiesa got 2 Barca players in front of him. When we use 4-2-3-1 even at attacking phase, we can have Danilo support forward when we go from left and Cuad is more defensive on the right and vice versa. When Cuad/Kulu attacking from the right, it will be Danilo who stays more defensive
Yes it’s more a tactical issue along with some bad luck. I didn’t expected it, because you’d expect us to overrun defenses with Chiesa and Cuadrado on the wings but things don’t work out for us in this formation. I don’t think it’s a mental problem, or that we don’t have the qualities to have a good performance against Barcelona.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Saw a play that looked endemic to pirlo's Juve.
Danilo intercepted a ball on the left flank and passed it to rabiot or benta, in front of the defense. The play would demand that Danilo move forward to receive the pass from one of them, because Danilo had acres of space down the left.
Instead what Danilo does, he keeps position and refuses to bomb forward, like a mental block has just hit him. By making that decision, Danilo, put more presore on rabiot/benta to evade the press.
I don't know if that's because of tactics, but the whole sequence looked strange and pointed to our weak organization.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
No amount of sucking will make me dislike Pirlo, it's not his fault that Agnelli took a crazy gamble.

But he needs to go, with his juve legend status untouched.

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
"we need to work and improve until we can play Barcelona on level terms.”

sad state of affairs, considering barca is in shambles too, and will get trashed by any serious team.
Hate comments like these...

_GGB_

Jun 28, 2006
Im going to say with confidence now from everything ive seen that Pirlo is the wrong appointment for us..

Pirlo is in an experimental stage still figuring things out.. We are ready to make the next step from league Champions to european champions..

Hes the wrong man for that job at moment.. And injuries are just an excuse for those that want to use them to defend poor results..

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
"we need to work and improve until we can play Barcelona on level terms.”

sad state of affairs, considering barca is in shambles too, and will get trashed by any serious team.
Hate comments like these...
I have to say I hope that’s poor translation of what he said. It’s against everything he said when he got the job.

We’ve won 9 league title in a row and got to 2 CL finals. What more development do we need? The fact is we played a Barca team in turmoil, whose board just resigned in a period of time when they are struggling for form. They had their best defender out, played a CB who was playing his 8th senior game. They ran rings around us and a 17 year old who was playing in the second division last year ran absolute rings around our defence.

we shouldn’t need any development at all to compete on level terms with that team. Also what kind of shitty message does that send to the players for the return at camp nou? Sometimes a manager just needs to come out and say that performance was unacceptable and not worthy of Juventus.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Yes it’s more a tactical issue along with some bad luck. I didn’t expected it, because you’d expect us to overrun defenses with Chiesa and Cuadrado on the wings but things don’t work out for us in this formation. I don’t think it’s a mental problem, or that we don’t have the qualities to have a good performance against Barcelona.
The expectation is to overrun their fullback by getting in front of their fullbacks with Chiesa and Kulu's pace. And yet its not very effective in the last 4 matches.

Even when our winger already got the ball, they are impatient to make things happen. Even when they already double team by opponents. They rarely pass the ball around to wait for opening and take their midfield out of position. Their low cross also very weak. There are some chances when Dybala or Morata already wait in the box but the cross is very weak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)