vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ole Gunnar Solskjear looks a better coach than Pirlo
Yesterday yes, but that's laughable to have that conclusion after watching United for the past year.

- - - Updated - - -

These are teaching moments. I only get worried when I see him making the same screw ups
One potential mistake is playing with two central midfielders all season. We'll see.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I feel the exact same, if he relegates is I will still love him. The fault is from above with all the hasty decisions, the lack of vision and the randomness in everything since Marotta left.
What if he keeps saying things like "we need to work and improve until we can play Barcelona on level terms?"

Because only that mentality can "relegate" us.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you were ecstatic when Agnelli hired him. Why do you want to blame him now?

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well, this coming ganes will be a rwal twst for him.

Better chabge formation now and pack thw midfield.... Or risk an early sack.

Its alarming whats going on. If by ewnd of November we are this clueless still... Dont be surprised with a painful and shameful sack. Shameful for everyone inclusing thw board, and painful for the team and fans.

What i fear the most is that he really looks lost and his subs are weird. Games ago thw red card on raviot was on him and he did nothing.

Yesterday dybala and kulu playing in thw same area was worrying.... Not using ransey when he needed support in the middle was weird as hell.

I really dont want to ditch Pirlo now, but he is not doing things easy for himself

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It's Pirlo, one of the best, most ingenious players. It was hard not to get excited when he got the job. So far though he looks completely out of his depth. Can that change in the next 30-40 days, as I feel Agnelli wont tolerate bad results after that? I sincerely hope by adding more pragmatism to his approach he will start delivering results.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
It's Pirlo, one of the best, most ingenious players. It was hard not to get excited when he got the job. So far though he looks completely out of his depth. Can that change in the next 30-40 days, as I feel Agnelli wont tolerate bad results after that? I sincerely hope by adding more pragmatism to his approach he will start delivering results.
Definitely. It seems his super attacking idea of football will remain in fantasy for now .. so better play it safe and secure teh defensive phase .. or risk continue having weird ganes

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
The thing is I'm sure all the players are communicating to him how uncomfortable and lost they are trying to follow his instructions and hopefully he's taking it in board.

I like to think he sees it for himself anyway but if the players speak up and say how they struggle with his ideas then hopefully he'll settle on more basic system to get the best out of what he has for now.

Once we grind out some results, still competing on all fronts and everyone understands their role then he can surprise us with his funky hipster craft beer drinking scarf wearing bearded formations and take the world by storm.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
The thing is I'm sure all the players are communicating to him how uncomfortable and lost they are trying to follow his instructions and hopefully he's taking it in board.

I like to think he sees it for himself anyway but if the players speak up and say how they struggle with his ideas then hopefully he'll settle on more basic system to get the best out of what he has for now.

Once we grind out some results, still competing on all fronts and everyone understands their role then he can surprise us with his funky hipster craft beer drinking scarf wearing bearded formations and take the world by storm.
A lot of assumptions in one post

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I was surprised to see so many being positive about last night's game before the kickoff. I expected a bad performance and a 3-0 loss and I wasn't far off... No, I'm not a prophet. It's just that, there were warning signs way before, that pointed towards a loss here.

It couldn't be any other way, considering how bad this team has looked in previous matches. This squad doesn't even look like a team. This has been the case for a while now and it's difficult to expect Pirlo fix something like that. Perhaps he's a football legend and a very respected figure but I can't digest his choices so far. I mean, who's sane enough to do a revolution in such circumstances? I wish he continued with Sarri's 433 and tweaked it a little bit here and there on the way.

I know that this team is very far from being perfect but at the very least it won the scudetto. There were some patterns, roles were clear. Sure, Sarri was very stubborn with his high defensive line but that was fixable. Obsession with sterile possession was also fixable. Evolution instead of revolution was something that Allegri did when he took over from Conte and back then Juve was a nothing in Europe too.
Now it looks like nobody understands what they are supposed to do, we can already say that the revolution has failed. Now Pirlo will need to adapt or he'll lose the job. I'm pretty sure there's still some time left for him but not enough to carry out the revolution. To get back on track - yes but not to finish what he has started.

Our new buys would slot right into Sarri's 433 side perfectly - Kulusevski as RWF instead of Berna is already a step forward. Arthur is also used to 3-man midfield. This approach would have given us more cover yesterday - at least the players know how to move in that formation because they know it.

Sure, we've had some bad luck down the line. Injuries and corona don't help.
Lots of posts, offsides and red cards. On the other hand we were lucky to get away with a draw in Rome. We were lucky Napoli didn't come to Turin - we certainly wouldn't have won that game.

Now let's see what Pirlo does. I don't think he'll be fired, mostly because nobody worthy of the job would take it at this point.

From the positives - I like the fact that we're a bit more direct now in attacking than under Sarri. What a price to pay for that little improvement though, everything else is a mess.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I was surprised to see so many being positive about last night's game before the kickoff. I expected a bad performance and a 3-0 loss and I wasn't far off... No, I'm not a prophet. It's just that, there were warning signs way before, that pointed towards a loss here.

It couldn't be any other way, considering how bad this team has looked in previous matches. This squad doesn't even look like a team. This has been the case for a while now and it's difficult to expect Pirlo fix something like that. Perhaps he's a football legend and a very respected figure but I can't digest his choices so far. I mean, who's sane enough to do a revolution in such circumstances? I wish he continued with Sarri's 433 and tweaked it a little bit here and there on the way.

I know that this team is very far from being perfect but at the very least it won the scudetto. There were some patterns, roles were clear. Sure, Sarri was very stubborn with his high defensive line but that was fixable. Obsession with sterile possession was also fixable. Evolution instead of revolution was something that Allegri did when he took over from Conte and back then Juve was a nothing in Europe too.
Now it looks like nobody understands what they are supposed to do, we can already say that the revolution has failed. Now Pirlo will need to adapt or he'll lose the job. I'm pretty sure there's still some time left for him but not enough to carry out the revolution. To get back on track - yes but not to finish what he has started.

Our new buys would slot right into Sarri's 433 side perfectly - Kulusevski as RWF instead of Berna is already a step forward. Arthur is also used to 3-man midfield. This approach would have given us more cover yesterday - at least the players know how to move in that formation because they know it.

Sure, we've had some bad luck down the line. Injuries and corona don't help.
Lots of posts, offsides and red cards. On the other hand we were lucky to get away with a draw in Rome. We were lucky Napoli didn't come to Turin - we certainly wouldn't have won that game.

Now let's see what Pirlo does. I don't think he'll be fired, mostly because nobody worthy of the job would take it at this point.

From the positives - I like the fact that we're a bit more direct now in attacking than under Sarri. What a price to pay for that little improvement though, everything else is a mess.
This practically

Ill be honest, i fear for his job. Not because we have done super terri le given thw circummstabces, but because pirlo seems way too amateur and without response. That's the plain ugly truth

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
One glaring issue we have is the lack of a real leader, a real captain. Bonbon is not captain material. He cannot rally the troops when things are adverse. In fact, his play is most often the source of adversity.

Notwithstanding the fact that we have a rookie coach, there must also be a leader on the pitch.
I hate to say it, but I feel the senatori staying in the club is a big problem, just in general. Because it stops those new leaders from emerging. Your best players have to be your leaders, not your backup keeper or your worst player on the pitch...

And then, of course, they always have something to say with the coach. Sarri, Allegri, etc. had to deal with it. The coaches need complete autonomy and freedom. There is just no way Pirlo will enjoy that in this current situation.

Already, I'm not even sure if he wants to use 3 CBs or he feels he has to...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I hate to say it, but I feel the senatori.

Already, I'm not even sure if he wants to use 3 CBs or he feels he has to...
Damn....deep shit right there.... Was not looking it that way.

If there is influence in the formation because of old ties..... I dont even want to especulate..

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with the people who say we should use a 4 man back line, especially after Sandro returns. 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 are our best formations imo.
Yup.

Is 433 or die for pirlo already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 82)