Andrea Pirlo (77 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But we were winning, just like with max.
And I am not defending sarri, far from it, but to say Pirlo hasn't inherited a strong team, it's not good enough. The team is certainly strong enough to beat Crotone and Verona, maybe even Roma.
The problem is our rookie coach obviously.
Like a romantic, Pirlo thought /thinks that he can change a team mentality and formation on the go.
It's not going to happen. Even max played Conte's 3 5 2 at the start, before changing, yet Pirlo thinks he can invent the wheel.
Bad decisions everywhere.
Our team is tailored to 4 3 3, play that formation and progressively implement your changes. It's not that hard.
Instead Pirlo tries to jackhammer his style making one bad decision after another.

PS Lyon did reach the semi final, eliminating probably a stronger than Juve, Man sShity.
Yeh, in hindsight it seems is he paying his naiveness.

The problem is that he will have to eat his ego and rethignk what he wrote in his Tesis.... because he needs to solve this and fast.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Whether Pirlo was the right appointment or not, it is borderline incompetence that our board did not insist that he had an experienced assistant manager.

A rookie coach with a hugely inexperienced backroom staff is pretty foolish and another poor decision by our management.
Frankly, Tudor has several years of first team coaching at Udinese and in Turkey. Probably as experienced as an assistent could be.

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
And what experienced manager would be willing to assist a rookie? Even Zaccheroni / Del Neri level is unrealistic. I'm not sure if Ferrara would accept it. In Pirlo-Tudor we clearly try for a new Conte-Carrera.

I'm sure Pirlo still has time and support, he's a gamble but Agnelli would not take it if he wasn't ready for such problems. It's nothing, for nine years with Conte, Allegri and Stinky we were waiting for January (or was it spring?) to see a "real Juventus". There's no reason to not give the same to a rookie in a pandemic season really. If it goes Ferrara way, I can see us go for some Poch/Max with Pirlo taking assistant role to reduce the damage on his image.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
"we need to work and improve until we can play Barcelona on level terms.”

Shite.. barca level is soooooo low... if we are looking to reach this barca level.. we are doomed

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk
I could be wrong here but I don't think he said that

The only Italian quotes that are similar was him saying we have new and younger players and we need to improve. When asked about Barcas young players he said they have grown up in their clearly defined system. We need to work in improving that.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
How many of the top sides around Europe are functioning properly yet?

Of those that are.. whose lineup is as changed as ours. new coach, new tactics and has as many first team players replaced or still here but currently injured? It barely resembles anything from last season.

I'm not saying results are acceptable. I'm not but the meltdown is excessive.

This is a crazy situation and im not going to give up on Pirlo this quickly

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

Shite.. barca level is soooooo low... if we are looking to reach this barca level.. we are doomed

Nothing triggered me tonight more than that statement right there, literally the worst Barca of the past decade and we are talking about looking to reach their level, like seriously what the fricking fuck Pirlo?! please get your shit together already.

I'm still willing to give him time as circumstances haven't been fair to him so far either but that's definitely not the right mentality to go with, no reason to feel inferior to them and i thought it was clear enough we are long past looking up to others and rather others should be looking up to us but i probably got it all wrong and maybe all those Seria A's and couple of CL finals have blinded all of us(or hopefully Pirlo is just talking out of his ass and will explain a bit more into that statement the next time he is asked about it) , i mean if he'd say we should look up to maybe Bayern i'd totally get it atm but here he just went overboard with praising the team that happened to outplay you on that specific day when it's sure down to various elements and factors not going your way aswell... anyway all in all i expect much more than what we've seen both from him and the players, all this experiments won't just go unnoticed if we don't bring home the results too, there's obviously still time to stable the ship but just as others pointed out, been honestly seeing very few encouraging signs recently however hopefully once we get some of our crucial guys back things will start to fall into place and we'll start to look better and more like a real team/unit out there.

Last edited:

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

Of those that are.. whose lineup is as changed as ours. new coach, new tactics and has as many first team players replaced or still here but currently injured? It barely resembles anything from last season.

Yeah, every team bar Bayern have been inconsistent. I am still not giving up on him. But would still have Allegri on speed dial.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Exactly, and that's not only it. This had me scratching my head.

"The idea had been to pull Sergi Roberto out of position, as he struggles if he is out of position, but we were never really able to do that."

I reckon its the very reason why he brought mckennie instead of Ramsey.
I don't see what's wrong with this, it shows he had a plan it just didn't work out

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Now it's time for some humility and a small step back.

Go for a traditional 433, with roles well defined, similar shape on offense and defense. A LB playing LB (Frabotta), a RB playing RB (Danilo or Cuadrado), a DM in Bentancur along with Rabiot (Ramsey) and Arthur. Upfront Ronaldo (Chiesa), Morata, Dybala.

I'm sure this team will respond naturally on the pitch, there is more than enough talent for it. Let's get some solidity back right now.

If Pirlo insists on that mess of a scheme, again with scrambling players, it will be quite disappointing.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

Last year we had "exceeded expectations" from Sarri, this year we already have this from Pirlo.

Uh oh.

We lost 2-0 to them but they looked preseason friendly level, we just happened to be training match level.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

How many of those tops sides depend on bernadeschi and bonucci level players? none

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 72)