Andrea Pirlo (49 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
And btw, getting rid of Allegri and Pjanic were correct decisions. There must be acknowledgment of what they did, but still needed a change on them. Their replacement is the problem
I'm not going to go into this discussion as it has the potential to go back and forth and off topic.

But I struggle to think of any realistic replacements that make these the correct decisions.

Buy on AliExpress.com

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
And btw, getting rid of Allegri and Pjanic were correct decisions. There must be acknowledgment of what they did, but still needed a change on them. Their replacement is the problem
Pjanic was awful in his last two seasons. Still is. Getting rid of him at +30 years old was smart business.

Allegri's dismissal was surely the wrong decision, no matter who's going to replace him.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
We are sucking, but if we went a whole season sucking with fucking Sarri, I would still give time to Pirlo.
We were never this bad under sarri.
Don't get me wrong I don't like the guy, never have but he had at one point in time the highest winning ratio of a Juve coach, before everything turned to crap in the second half of the 2019-2020 season.
Pirlo has a 33% win ratio against the likes of Crotone, Verona. He is also lucky that adl is stupid, because he could have been worse.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Most of our players are good to very good players (except for a few jokers of course). Most would walk in to just about any top tier team.
So the problem has to be somewhere else - how about the coach for a start.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Don't get me wrong I don't like the guy, never have but he had at one point in time the highest winning ratio of a Juve coach, before everything turned to crap in the second half of the 2019-2020 season.
Pirlo has a 33% win ratio against the likes of Crotone, Verona. He is also lucky that adl is stupid, because he could have been worse.
We got knocked out the CL by a Lyon team who were just above mid table in Ligue 1.

I'm not glossing over the many failings of the team this season but of course Sarri had a successful record in the first half of the season. He inherited a strong team that had been well drilled by Allegri and had been improved over the summer. Pirlo is inheriting a mess that you could argue is weaker in midfield and is certainly weaker at the moment in all areas considering the injuries.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
"we need to work and improve until we can play Barcelona on level terms.”

Shite.. barca level is soooooo low... if we are looking to reach this barca level.. we are doomed

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk
Exactly, and that's not only it. This had me scratching my head.

"The idea had been to pull Sergi Roberto out of position, as he struggles if he is out of position, but we were never really able to do that."

I reckon its the very reason why he brought mckennie instead of Ramsey.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Don't forget that we didn't have a pre-season. Pirlo has a squad full of new players, 5 of them were used today. He is forced to experiment, try players in new positions, try different formations. Any manager would struggle in a situation like that.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
You done did it now

#sarriboi

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Sarri also had a pre-season and a fully fit team at the start of the season last year. Our schedule was pretty easy too, bar the games against Napoli and Inter.
We were also eking out 2-1 wins every game, it's not like we were winning comfortably.

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
I get your reasons, you are right.
Pirlo is new to this, has to develop, probably is learning that what it is on the paper is just a percentage translated on the field and will have to adapt.
I think Pirlo might get 2-3 more games, after that if not winning then he is gone. Not sure in this eclectic season how many points we can afford to lose on the Serie A?
CL of course is not on the scene, even with CR sigh...

If Pirlo is out, the thing is who will come?
This brings us to a new coach in the start of a season, putting on the rails as the train comes in and it would send the message of total lack of planning. Could hurt us more.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
We got knocked out the CL by a Lyon team who were just above mid table in Ligue 1.

I'm not glossing over the many failings of the team this season but of course Sarri had a successful record in the first half of the season. He inherited a strong team that had been well drilled by Allegri and had been improved over the summer. Pirlo is inheriting a mess that you could argue is weaker in midfield and is certainly weaker at the moment in all areas considering the injuries.
Sarri also had a pre-season and a fully fit team at the start of the season last year. Our schedule was pretty easy too, bar the games against Napoli and Inter.
We were also eking out 2-1 wins every game, it's not like we were winning comfortably.
But we were winning, just like with max.
And I am not defending sarri, far from it, but to say Pirlo hasn't inherited a strong team, it's not good enough. The team is certainly strong enough to beat Crotone and Verona, maybe even Roma.
The problem is our rookie coach obviously.
Like a romantic, Pirlo thought /thinks that he can change a team mentality and formation on the go.
It's not going to happen. Even max played Conte's 3 5 2 at the start, before changing, yet Pirlo thinks he can invent the wheel.
Bad decisions everywhere.
Our team is tailored to 4 3 3, play that formation and progressively implement your changes. It's not that hard.
Instead Pirlo tries to jackhammer his style making one bad decision after another.

PS Lyon did reach the semi final, eliminating probably a stronger than Juve, Man sShity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)