Andrea Pirlo (20 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's Italy...this lower level teams are ALWAYS banana peels for the bigger clubs. A couple years ago we lost to a club that size late in the season and it was either their first win or first point collected in a long time. Juve always does this to themselves.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
It's Italy...this lower level teams are ALWAYS banana peels for the bigger clubs. A couple years ago we lost to a club that size late in the season and it was either their first win or first point collected in a long time. Juve always does this to themselves.
Don't you think that Pirlo is putting out an unbalanced starting lineup

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Don't you think that Pirlo is putting out an unbalanced starting lineup
No he is putting out who he has available I think. What do you think is unbalanced? we should have won yesterday, I don't usually complain about refs but that red card was nonsense.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
No he is putting out who he has available I think. What do you think is unbalanced? we should have won yesterday, I don't usually complain about refs but that red card was nonsense.
Using chiesa as right wing back starting portonova and kulusevski not being more central occupying the same space as chiesa and also a two man midfield can get easily outnumbered on the counter attacks if one midfielder is Arthur

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Using chiesa as right wing back starting portonova and kulusevski not being more central occupying the same space as chiesa and also a two man midfield can get easily outnumbered on the counter attacks if one midfielder is Arthur
I think Arthur did fine yesterday. Again, I think he put his best foot forward with who was available. His main CM workhorse has Covid, the GOAT has Covid so he probably looked at this as a chance to field other players who might not usually get a lot of time. We still put two in the net and Morata was unlucky being offside.

On the other hand, we had plenty of options to counter as well but didn't do it often. Chiesa was doing exactly what we bought him for. Unlucky for him though.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I think Arthur did fine yesterday. Again, I think he put his best foot forward with who was available. His main CM workhorse has Covid, the GOAT has Covid so he probably looked at this as a chance to field other players who might not usually get a lot of time. We still put two in the net and Morata was unlucky being offside.

On the other hand, we had plenty of options to counter as well but didn't do it often. Chiesa was doing exactly what we bought him for. Unlucky for him though.
Yeah Chiesa left Danilo on his own without helping him out no wonder Crotone exploited it

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I'm familiar with this, but the way even the likes of Crotone can cut through us on the counter is worrisome to downright amateurish.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
So now the honeymoon is over, can we safely say that his 3-4-1-2 sucks?

What's the point in even playing 3 defenders occupying the central place when you're playing a side fighting relegation? Also we don't have a 10 to connect the double pivot with the attack. Just stop this nonsense and go back to the 4-3-3

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017

What's the point in even playing 3 defenders occupying the central place when you're playing a side fighting relegation? Also we don't have a 10 to connect the double pivot with the attack. Just stop this nonsense and go back to the 4-3-3
He has zero experience as a coach, he has no idea, this was a bad experiment, and it will be ugly. Another Ferrara saga, sucks to see a legend like Pirlo go down.

Boksic

May 11, 2005

I wouldn't say it is time to ditch it and is far too early to make a definitive judgement on it.

It is a complete change from what we played last season and we had no preseason to fully be comfortable with it.

It'd prefer 4-3-3 at the moment to ease the transition from Sarri but I don't think it should be thrown out the window. There are a lot of positives to it e.g. we already create more chances than we did last season. We just need to tighten it up and be more sensible with our lineups.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
I wouldn't say it is time to ditch it and is far to early to make a definitive judgement on it.

It is a complete change from what we played last season and we had no preseason to fully be comfortable with it.

It'd prefer 4-3-3 at the moment to ease the transition from Sarri but I don't think it should be thrown out the window. There are a lot of positives to it e.g. we already create more chances than we did last season. We just need to tighten it up and be more sensible with our lineups.
As know managers always search for excuses when they drop points, but in Pirlo’s defense the arguments that he didn’t had a lot of time to make things work is absolutely right. It’s different for Gattuso, Gasperini, Conte and Inzaghi.

Its a massive change in players as in tactics, so we have to accept this situation (that’s already difficult enough with covid) and be patient I guess.

Maybe it’s a unpopular opinion, but I’d be okay to take a small step back, continue to trust in our young players instead of the short term investments that will be nothing but problems in the future. Not that we have a choice, at this point our team is so young that we have to trust in them. Look at Inter and the difficulties they will face within a few years. They might have a shot at the Scudetto, but things have to change within a short period of time. We can grow and feel comfortable with a core ready for the next 10 years.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

So when Atalanta play against such a side they change from a back three?
It has nothing to do with a specific formation but how you interpret it.

We went for Pirlo instead of getting an experienced coach so some setbacks are to be expected.
I would be worried if after half a season we continue to look like we have. I do expect us to be on top or be in a reasonable amount of points from the top spot so we could catch or stay top until the end of the season.

What Im against is deciding after one or two games a certain thing is a failure.

Take our last game and even the current lineup - Should Portanova bury his chances the whole game would look different and no one would criticize anything.
The only thing which might be right to criticize is Dybala on the bench and still not playing even though we arent winning.. I mean come one you put Bernardeschi but leave Dybala on the bench?! Then again Dybala might not be fully fit and only an insider could tell if its just a selection mistake or a fit issue

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
man you guys are such losers.

you always complain about not giving youngsters chances and going for experienced safe has been players.

or you talk about coaches not taking risks and sticking with stale tactics.

now that you see what happenes when both change immediately you turn negative and want to go back to the good ol' stale tactics and stale old safe players. because you can't handle change and the need for transition and youngsters to mature and learn.

you have all proved your hypocrisy. so next time you ask "WHY doesnt juve sign youngsters? we lost this player for 20m only omg street management" this is the answer. you guys just want to complain. you don't actually care about anything.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
man you guys are such losers.

you always complain about not giving youngsters chances and going for experienced safe has been players.

or you talk about coaches not taking risks and sticking with stale tactics.

now that you see what happenes when both change immediately you turn negative and want to go back to the good ol' stale tactics and stale old safe players. because you can't handle change and the need for transition and youngsters to mature and learn.

you have all proved your hypocrisy. so next time you ask "WHY doesnt juve sign youngsters? we lost this player for 20m only omg street management" this is the answer. you guys just want to complain. you don't actually care about anything.
I do not care if Pirlo uses talented youngsters. I applaud it. He does not use talented youngsters though, as we do not have those. Juve Primavera is a joke.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I do not care if Pirlo uses talented youngsters. I applaud it. He does not use talented youngsters though, as we do not have those. Juve Primavera is a joke.
Indeed. Portanova a talented youngster? The guy before said 'if Portanova burried a chance no one would complain'. Wrong. People complained because against relegation battlers we never had control of the game and our defense was exposed on almost every counter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)