Andrea Pirlo (42 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
Actually we did change the coach that`s why people are expecting to see positive things. Nothing wrong with that. But so far we saw something close to chaos, excluding the first game.
People say he has balls, but having balls is one thing and doing stupid things like starting two primavera players just to underestimate Crotone is completely another thing. And wrong approach.
He even tried Cuadrado as LB and failed. He is also trying hard with danilo as CB but that`s just not gonna work. It`s obvious.
On top of that we conceded 2 Pk and 2 red cards in 3 games.

It seems like by the time we give him/them a chance the Scudetto will be gone

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
It’s way too early to judge Pirlo, he’s had such a weird start to the role as well... never coached a day in his life, Near enough his first game is a competitive match situation.

He’s got a bunch of new players and clearly believes in his system and style of football, so it will take time. He’s also dealing with the hangover of Sarri completely fucking our team up and 2 of his 3 games in charge have resulted in red cards with a lot of game left.

I do think he needs to be a little less radical with this defence though. Our currently fit personnel at the back are just not competent enough to learn something new and implement it so suddenly. I’d like us to just stick to either 4 at the back or 3 with wingbacks - not this crazy hybrid model that drags our inept defenders all over the place. Keep it simple initially and then build it - learn from Max

Strickland

May 17, 2019
It’s way too early to judge Pirlo, he’s had such a weird start to the role as well... never coached a day in his life, Near enough his first game is a competitive match situation.

He’s got a bunch of new players and clearly believes in his system and style of football, so it will take time. He’s also dealing with the hangover of Sarri completely fucking our team up and 2 of his 3 games in charge have resulted in red cards with a lot of game left.

I do think he needs to be a little less radical with this defence though. Our currently fit personnel at the back are just not competent enough to learn something new and implement it so suddenly. I’d like us to just stick to either 4 at the back or 3 with wingbacks - not this crazy hybrid model that drags our inept defenders all over the place. Keep it simple initially and then build it - learn from Max
What do you mean by Sarri hangover? As in the team is emotionally fucked because of the Lyon fiasco? Or tactically fucked?

We changed the tactical approach a lot from Sarri's 433 and emotionally a new coach will always bring a sparkle.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
nobody cares about the table, it's still pre-season all over europe:

my only worry is the defense which is unorganized, amateurish, naive, prone to counters and shaky af overall, while the time to fix it is lacking: we'll have a crucial cl tie tomorrow, and like 6 matches in 3 weeks anyway, so the sooner pirlo works out a working defensive shape and the transition to it, the better. morata was pretty close to scoring 3 goals in the absence of cr and dybala, i reckon we'll be fine up front.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What do you mean by Sarri hangover? As in the team is emotionally fucked because of the Lyon fiasco? Or tactically fucked?

We changed the tactical approach a lot from Sarri's 433 and emotionally a new coach will always bring a sparkle.
Pirlo has a mountain of a task for a brand new coach, exorcising the cancerous plague demon that infected the club with Sarrismo last year...

I’d feel very confident in Allegri succeeding in this glorious exorcism, but we shall have to be a wee bit more patient with Pirlo and his lack of experience. I, for one, am willing to be patient. Pirlo has everything required to become a top coach.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Pirlo has a mountain of a task for a brand new coach, exorcising the cancerous plague demon that infected the club with Sarrismo last year...

I’d feel very confident in Allegri succeeding in this glorious exorcism, but we shall have to be a wee bit more patient with Pirlo and his lack of experience. I, for one, am willing to be patient. Pirlo has everything required to become a top coach.
Cancerous plague demon - can you elaborate more on that, what does it entail? I've seen plenty of similar stuff lately like "Sarri set us back multiple years", "Sarri hangover" and "Sarri destroyed the club".

I just dont see whats that different in Pirlo inheriting this team from Sarri rather than from Allegri last year (speaking of the cancerous plague demon not covid19 of course).

Agree on being patient, in theory Pirlo is very promising and perfectly equipped as a coach, played the perfect position, is described as very intelligent by his peers and has that natural charisma that not many have. Definitely an interestint gamble and I hope he pulls it off, which will surely take time.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Considering the fact that there have been so many disruptions, injuries, new players, lack of preperation etc - it is impossible to conclude anything about Pirlo. This team is going through a new approach. If you look at the starting XI - there were basically 7 players that didn't really play much for Juve - Demiral (he only played a few games last season), Chiesa, Arthur, Portanova, Frabotta, Kulusevski and Morata.

Not having a proper pre-season with such radical changes is naturally going to mean that Pirlo has to experiment in real games. Portanova was used against Crotone - probably Chiesa would not have started if we had a full strength squad - he had 1 training session. Morata looked like a different player in this match because in the last match he had 1 training session before Roma.

Bottom line, we have NO idea how this team is going to shape up. However, under the circumstances I cannot say that I am unhappy with his ideas and philosophy. I think it won't be until close to the Christmas break until we get a real sense of what his team could be like. Then his value as a coach will start to emerge and crucially the decisions he makes before and during big games will be seen - and that is perhaps where the lack of experience could really be a factor.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Cancerous plague demon - can you elaborate more on that, what does it entail? I've seen plenty of similar stuff lately like "Sarri set us back multiple years", "Sarri hangover" and "Sarri destroyed the club".

I just dont see whats that different in Pirlo inheriting this team from Sarri rather than from Allegri last year (speaking of the cancerous plague demon not covid19 of course).

Agree on being patient, in theory Pirlo is very promising and perfectly equipped as a coach, played the perfect position, is described as very intelligent by his peers and has that natural charisma that not many have. Definitely an interestint gamble and I hope he pulls it off, which will surely take time.
What does his position as a player has to do with his coaching skills? Klopp was a RB when he was a player, turned out to be a great coach. Same goes for Alex Ferguson who was a forward during his playing career. Mourinho was a midfielder at lower tier scrub teams, the list goes on and on. Not every great player will turn out to be a great coach. They are two different jobs and don't have much to do with each other. Coaching is about dealing with personalities, managing players' fitness, transmitting your tactical ideas to a group, game preparation and tactical decisions.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
What does his position as a player has to do with his coaching skills? Klopp was a RB when he was a player, turned out to be a great coach. Same goes for Alex Ferguson who was a forward during his playing career. Mourinho was a midfielder at lower tier scrub teams, the list goes on and on. Not every great player will turn out to be a great coach. They are two different jobs and don't have much to do with each other. Coaching is about dealing with personalities, managing players' fitness, transmitting your tactical ideas to a group, game preparation and tactical decisions.
It just comes down to understanding the game. Doesn't really matter if you're a player or coach, it works in same way.

Jun 6, 2015
In the last two games we've faced the same issues as last season. Teams are too easily able to bypass our press and after that it all becomes a bit chaotic with players scrambling to get back into position. We just need to be a bit smarter with when to press. There is no shame in taking your foot off the pedal at times and just staying organised.

Pressing in a co-ordinated way as a unit is really difficult and excelling it takes lots of practice. It's not made any easier by the change of formation and some big changes in personnel. Pirlo has basically decided to swipe the slate clean and is now trying to build a completely new team. It's anyones guess at this point how it will turn out eventually, but I don't think we've much choice other than to just wait and hope. Hopefully we won't lose too many points in the meantime.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)