Andrea Pirlo (34 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Pirlo: "We made a few mistakes in the timing of the press, but as I said, these things happen when we’re still getting the machine oiled. We only really spent half-an-hour on this tactical movement in training yesterday, so it will improve
I think people are really underestimating not having a preseason. I still have full faith in him at this point.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 19, 2007
Not picking up 3 points here is really unacceptable for Juve. Having said that, Barca and Madrid both lost today. Pool tied and Manu barely won to newcastle. Lazio lost and Atalanta got spanked. Not having a preseason is pretty tough and I think the big teams are figuring this out very quickly.
There was some very concerning stuff mainly on defense where we lost all organization. But also take the result with a grain of salt bc of so many uncontrollable factors.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
had to field a completely different midfield each game due to injuries, covid and fitness.

With young midfielders and no solid system set in place yet.
Our quality established forwards are out currently

Yeah thats always gonna be hard offcourse.

tough luck on the post, red card and offside to

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Probably suffering with jet lag in all honesty.
I'm sure he would have been and that will have been the logic behind the decision.

But it was naive to think that Portanova could step in there. I'd rather risk Cuadrado or a more established player given the absences elsewhere in the team.

He's made a few choices in the 3 games which you could say were a bit foolhardy. It has paid off with Frabotta, but some of the others haven't worked and were a bit needlessly rash.

He's an inexperienced manager who is full of ideas and probably enthusiastic to try them all at once. The lack of preseason and covid/injuries have not helped him, it is an incredibly difficult situation to start your first job. I think he just needs to take a step back, be a bit more shrewd and not go for so many risks and changes at once.

Hopefully he learns from the games so far, I don't see why he wouldn't. I like a lot of what we are doing and hope that over the next few weeks it comes together a bit more.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
This is going to be a transitional season. Pirlo or not it always had to be and will be.

So many starters now gone. So many new young players in. Radically changed style of play.

We've been spoiled for a long time now and I know nobody wants to just accept that the team might have a pretty mediocre season but its unlikely it will be smooth sailing and that's something important to consider before laying all the blame at Pirlo

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
This is going to be a transitional season. Pirlo or not it always had to be and will be.

So many starters now gone. So many new young players in. Radically changed style of play.

We've been spoiled for a long time now and I know nobody wants to just accept that the team might have a pretty mediocre season but its unlikely it will be smooth sailing and that's something important to consider before laying all the blame at Pirlo
We can't change our expectations just because pirlo is our coach we have to continue winning till Cristiano Ronaldo is there as this could be our season in the champions League

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Yeah not buying that, coaches that come in here are expected to win and not be given years to build... Sarri was not given that luxury and time so neither can Pirlo just because its PIRLO. Yes we got a ton of new players and youth one but he has made lots of silly mistakes and decisions already its unaccepteable to be dropping points and playing that bad againt a team as bad as crotone.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Ferrara version 2.0

Utterly clueless, but what can you expect really. In the end this is on the MGM for doing another piss poor recruiting job.
Possibly...lets judge at the half way mark of the season. I would like to see what pirlo does when all players are available. Our top 3 or 4 starters are missing. Others are rooted due to international games.

The one criticism I do have of pirlo is the back 3. It just doesn't work. The best teams over the best decade or more always play woth 4 at the back. We have the team to do this.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Yeah not buying that, coaches that come in here are expected to win and not be given years to build... Sarri was not given that luxury and time so neither can Pirlo just because its PIRLO. Yes we got a ton of new players and youth one but he has made lots of silly mistakes and decisions already its unaccepteable to be dropping points and playing that bad againt a team as bad as crotone.
As if we never had negative results against the minnows. This is football, throughout the season you can't really avoid that kind of results. Last time we played Crotone away under Allegri we also drew them 1:1. If Morata's goal had stood everyone now would be prising Pirlo and his courage to play youngsters and shit like that.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
If Morata's goal had stood everyone now would be prising Pirlo and his courage to play youngsters and shit like that.
Nah, we looked terrible and a lucky win wouldn't make people oversee it. Everytime we lose the ball we look like conceding, we look that bad defending counter attacks. Completely open and disjointed.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Max crying babies: Pirlo sucks, worst coach ever

Sarri: If something is good, it's thanks to Sarri

Give me a break. Pirlo had taken some weird decisions and that's true but c'mon, it's been a really extraordinary season, not pre season, international, italians soap opera around Napoli, Paulo out, De Ligt out, CR7 out, referees calling against us almost all the time...

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
Possibly...lets judge at the half way mark of the season. I would like to see what pirlo does when all players are available. Our top 3 or 4 starters are missing. Others are rooted due to international games.

The one criticism I do have of pirlo is the back 3. It just doesn't work. The best teams over the best decade or more always play woth 4 at the back. We have the team to do this.
I'll tell you what will happen. Even with all our CB's injury free, Pirlo will still start Bonehead in a 3 man defence, playing the likes of Chiesa and Kulu out of position on WB. Hell, even if he goes with a back 4 im positive Bonehead will start.

I get that Tici yet again managed to fuck up a transferwindow, but Pirlo really isn't helping himself here either. Who in their right mind would play Danilo and Bonehead as part of a 3 man backline? That is just beyond retarded and asking for trouble.

It seems like the players have absolutely no clue what their roles are in this team. They're all running around like headless chicken, and it doesn't seem like Pirlo is aware whats going on either. He's using players out of position and he's trying out youngsters in a team full of new faces and witout any chemistry what so ever. I mean, what does he expect to happen?

Hiring Pirlo at this moment in time, with a team in shambles, no balance in the squad, alot of new young players and no pre-season because of covid might be the dumbest thing i've seen in a long long time.

This experiment was doomed from the get go i'm afraid, and all we can do now is sit back and watch this trainwreck unfold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)