Andrea Pirlo (42 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Got it badly wrong again. Its early in the season and I have faith in this guy. But our defense is shambolic. Our pressing game leave us exposed at the back. In the middle we will get overrun with only 2 central mids. It also reflects on our build up, we struggle too much to beat pressing. The same issue as last season, too much passing sideways, because there isnt enough movement behind opposition lines, or our midfielders arent capable of placing an accurate vertical pass. Very disapointed with this and game against Roma.

Also every decision goes against us. Its not an excuse, but the penalty, come on... red card for Chiesa, that is yellow 99% of times.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We suck, big time, what's worse is that everything that failed us was completely predictable and yet we just fell for it.
I dont believe that Pirlo is that stupid, decisions are made for him, sad to see his legacy drag into this...

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He won't last long if he continues trying to play a fucking hipster and reinventing the fucking wheel. Much more experienced managers went into a new job slowly and intelligently but he's acting like a dumbass from the start.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
He won't last long if he continues trying to play a fucking hipster and reinventing the fucking wheel. Much more experienced managers went into a new job slowly and intelligently but he's acting like a dumbass from the start.
We wiped the floor with Napoli in our 3-0 victory. One of the most talented coaches ever and without the Crotone draw, he could have been GOAT. It's just that nasty red card by Chiesa.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
We wiped the floor with Napoli in our 3-0 victory. One of the most talented coaches ever and without the Crotone draw, he could have been GOAT. It's just that nasty red card by Chiesa.
I know you don't have any iota of patience in your life so just sack the coach to make you happy

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
His discourse is bold, confident and innovative. But so far it translated to reckless, confusing and naive execution.

The red cards are not a coincidence. Players are all over the place. The team actually stabillized with 10 men after he changed to 2 simple lines of 4.

Defensive positioning has been absolutely disastrous the first games. This 2 men mid is looking not feasible so far, specially with his disastrous experimenting with wing backs.

We have to remember Juventus still pays 250m a year in salaries - almost double the 2nd place. A setup like this vs Crotone is simply unnaceptable regardless of coaching.

I really hope he gets his shit together and simplifies things. Facing a top team with this setup would result in tragedy.

And we cant even blame Paratici anymore, he's done a good job this summer.

Buckle up Pirlo

Last edited:

4ndr3i

Aug 2, 2012
I think everyone was expecting a semi-Guardiola in Pirlo. He’s clearly not.

He’s definitely missing that U-23 experience before jumping to the big boys. Hope we don’t fuck him up. I want him badly to succeed.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He complicates things with starting Portanova, and the Kulu - Bernar sub is hard to understand.

Edit: And we really need to improve our pressing.
I think this is a good point and part of the issue.

Sarri's Juve was atrocious and we need to change it. But I think we are changing way too much too soon, especially without a preseason. The line-ups vs Roma and Crotone have been naive and it has cost us.

Time will tell with Pirlo, it is early days and he really hasn't had much time to get his ideas across. One worry is how for 2 games in a row we have been so open on counters. We don't have time to fix that issue.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
He can't be judged already.

Yes the performance was horrible but the situation can improve, this is basically a sandbox for experiments. Way too early to have a clear cut opinion right now.

Multiple games like this and then you have a case otherwise patience is the game.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

Yes the performance was horrible but the situation can improve, this is basically a sandbox for experiments. Way too early to have a clear cut opinion right now.

Multiple games like this and then you have a case otherwise patience is the game.
We can give Sarri the entire season to put across his ideas but we want Pirlo to deliver in all the games

Jun 16, 2020

And besides that, so many young players. At least we know that they can grow a lot in the coming months. I rather see these guys struggling instead of Khedira and Matuidi.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Pirlo: "We made a few mistakes in the timing of the press, but as I said, these things happen when we’re still getting the machine oiled. We only really spent half-an-hour on this tactical movement in training yesterday, so it will improve

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I think Cuadrado should have started instead of Portanova. Even Rabiot and move Arthur further forward.

I don't think Kulusevski should have come off for Berna. Even though he had fresh legs, I think Kulu could have lasted the 90.
The Cuadrado one I agree with but who knows could be a fitness thing

It's obvious he is still trying things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)