Andrea Pirlo (52 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Honestly tactics is overrated in top level football. Many times, a simple tactic with a group of super motivated and talented individuals is enough to win you games.

Just look at how France won the World Cup!
I firmly believe we have the talents (dybala CR7) and the motivation (McKennie AKA edgardavids)

The only thing that’s holding us back are toxic demoralized individuals like MDS DCOSTA ARTHUR KHEDIRA....these are the players that makes you not wanna train hard because they are getting paid while doing nothing.
It is exact opposite ...

last match a perfect example, it is not only about formation or game play , but also what are those tactical duties each player should do ... who will mark whom, stay close to whom, many ifs and many plans ...

strength Is not enough , grinta is not enough , but game intelligence is key for everything you see in this game ...

you remember how Allegri beat Tottenham, pure tactics !! and remember how we lost 4-1 to Zidan!!! for a probably a great Juve team since a while ....!!!

Pirlo major problem is not fielding the best team ... i can do that, everyone in Tuz can do that , but to outsmart your opponent and beat them on their weeknesses and magnify your strengths is a job not for anyone !!

I still believe in Pirlo , but he should know that the clock is ticking quickly ...

Buy on AliExpress.com

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
It is exact opposite ...

last match a perfect example, it is not only about formation or game play , but also what are those tactical duties each player should do ... who will mark whom, stay close to whom, many ifs and many plans ...

strength Is not enough , grinta is not enough , but game intelligence is key for everything you see in this game ...

you remember how Allegri beat Tottenham, pure tactics !! and remember how we lost 4-1 to Zidan!!! for a probably a great Juve team since a while ....!!!

Pirlo major problem is not fielding the best team ... i can do that, everyone in Tuz can do that , but to outsmart your opponent and beat them on their weeknesses and magnify your strengths is a job not for anyone !!

I still believe in Pirlo , but he should know that the clock is ticking quickly ...

It is all in his master plan. He knows how to trick the whole footballing world to think that he is still clueless....but he will know when to strike.

Pirlo as a manager can spot a tactical weakness that other managers spend their whole life looking for.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
On request only from me: don't play Morata and Ronaldo together unless we're chasing a result and we're flooding opposition's box with crosses.

Juve is not Real Madrid and Morata is not Benzema. In fact there's no other Benzema and CR7 himself is different too. Not that much on the wing these days, much more centre forward than anything else. Choosing a 2-man attacking line (352/442 formations) is totally fine with me - just play Dybala/Kulu next to CR7/Morata and focus on creating enough movement and space for CR7 instead of looking for CR7's "shoulder". That makes the team static and predictable as fuck, with Dybala and/or Kulu + Ramsey (and Cuadrado on the wing) we should have creativity to create chances.

Focus on sorting out the midfield so that Dybala and CR7 aren't as isolated as last year and at the same time defense is not exposed. The rest will come by itself, this squad is very talented but it needs a functioning system that makes all the players feel good in their roles. It seems like Pirlo is doing it better than Sarri so far, the latter was too mechanical if you know what I mean.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Honestly tactics is overrated in top level football. Many times, a simple tactic with a group of super motivated and talented individuals is enough to win you games.

I firmly believe we have the talents (dybala CR7) and the motivation (McKennie AKA edgardavids)

The only thing that’s holding us back are toxic demoralized individuals like MDS DCOSTA ARTHUR KHEDIRA....these are the players that makes you not wanna train hard because they are getting paid while doing nothing.

FlimsyRemoteDragon-size_restricted.gif

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

France were good tactically- they neutralized the opposition's attack very effectively and conceded few chances.
Just because they weren't ultra attacking doesn't mean they didn't have any tactics.

And as a counter example, look at Ajax or Lyon in the CL- they went much further than their squad quality would indicate due to their system.
Man City always gets outclassed by weaker teams in the CL because Pep's systems are hilariously weak against counter attacks.

Your final point is the most wrong. The guys you mentioned have barely played for Juve in the last couple of years (Arthur has played one game ffs), they're hardly the reason for our poor performances.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
We have the best strikeforce, the deepest midfield, the best goalie and by far the best set of CBs in the league. There'd have to be some pretty perfect excuses for Pirlo to keep his job if we bottle the 10th Scudetto this season, like finishing 2nd with 90+ points or going on a deep, promising CL run.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
We have the best strikeforce, the deepest midfield, the best goalie and by far the best set of CBs in the league. There'd have to be some pretty perfect excuses for Pirlo to keep his job if we bottle the 10th Scudetto this season, like finishing 2nd with 90+ points or going on a deep, promising CL run.
You can't use terms like that when Bonucci is in the mix.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
Pirlo is a smart dude, he will be one of the best coaches (if not the best) this season. I'm not worried unlike many others around here. Ppl doubted him as a player back in 2011, and he proved everyone wrong.

Anyway, the higher the risk, the higher the return. He's got all the elements to bring a CL home. He's full of Champions League DNA after all. Pirlo + Cristiano can make it happen.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
The fact that we didn't have a preseason is very unlucky and playing roma and napoli this early adds insult to injury. He merits our patience but I just hope his learning curve will not be long/costly.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Pirlo is a smart dude, he will be one of the best coaches (if not the best) this season. I'm not worried unlike many others around here. Ppl doubted him as a player back in 2011, and he proved everyone wrong.

Anyway, the higher the risk, the higher the return. He's got all the elements to bring a CL home. He's full of Champions League DNA after all. Pirlo + Cristiano can make it happen.
:rofl: :howler:

Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Which teams mid would you rather have instead of ours?
You said deepest, not best. We don't have great depth in midfield (I'm not counting Turdeski and Kulu as mids because one is garbage as a mid and footballer in general, and the other should be deployed in the attacking third). Ramsey (an injury relapse risk), Arthur (unknown quantity), Bentancur (still our best mid), McNuggets (too raw) and Rabiot (becoming more solid and reliable) is a promising midfield, but with only five players, I wouldn't call it deep.

Also, I still think Lazio, Inter, and possibly Napoli have better midfields than ours.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
:rofl: :howler:

Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

- - - Updated - - -

You said deepest, not best. We don't have great depth in midfield (I'm not counting Turdeski and Kulu as mids because one is garbage as a mid and footballer in general, and the other should be deployed in the attacking third). Ramsey (an injury relapse risk), Arthur (unknown quantity), Bentancur (still our best mid), McNuggets (too raw) and Rabiot (becoming more solid and reliable) is a promising midfield, but with only five players, I wouldn't call it deep.

Also, I still think Lazio, Inter, and possibly Napoli have better midfields than ours.
5 CMs with that quality is good depth, I'd say no other teams have that many quality mids. if we take your Berna approach and exclude the mediocre ones, Id say no other team has 5 CMs.

You could argue (and I'd agree) that Lazio and maybe Inter can combine a better duo or trio for the starting lineup, but if you include bench I think ours is the deepest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)