Andrea Pirlo (58 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I disagree. Based on what Pirlo said and what we’ve seen vs Sampdoria Pirlo highly rates 3 things: width, depth, off the ball movement. We basically lacked width and depth because Kulusevski and Cuadrado (both out of position) didn’t provided that, and we were very static as other players didn’t moved a lot. Especially Morata, but also Ramsey imo. It left our CM’s in a difficult position and that’s why we blame them for playing very bad. Also the defense had problems being good organized.

I forgive Pirlo as he’s a young manager and obviously wants to try things, but the blame is on him.

Positive things are that we looked superior to Roma on fitness levels. Even though we made 2 more subs, we were stronger and better at the last part of the match, playing with 10 men. Mentally we also showed power after conceding 2 stupid goals.
We definitely lack of width in certain times last night. See the moment when Rabiot choose to go back in congested area because there is no body in front of him or on the wing

Bonucci also horrible when we concede the 1st goal. His pass to McKennie is weak.

And who is our set piece taker when we concede the 2nd goal?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
So long as he gets top 4, the board better not sack him. There's allot of potential in Pirlo to become a class coach. This season should be for him to try and test things out.
Imagine having CR7 and setting top 4as objective. Nah, he needs to deliver, no discounts. He has a very good team at his disposal and Im fairly confident he will.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
He needs only top 4 to not be sacked? Last two coaches were sacked after winning the scudetto
Anything other than a top 2 place will be a massive failure. I think Atalanta will not reach last year's heights, and with the condensed schedule Atalanta, Lazio, Roma, Milan, and Napoli will all struggle with match fitness and injuries more than Juve and Inter.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
If he gets a win this weekend, that would be 7 points from 9, with a very tough start, as a brand new coach of a team with barely any pre-season training.

And tbh, I still liked what I saw in patches from yesterday’s game. The defence needs more work, he messed up his starting lineup and initial tactics, but we kept pushing for more goals, even at 2-2 and with 10 men. For me, the players look happy and have already bought into his methods. Still think we are the team to beat this season. Just remember, we started the game with essentially 5 of our starting players not in the lineup.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
His postgame comments basically confirmed that he understood he f´ed up. But he´s not like Sarri who saw that the 4-3-1-2 was garbage from the first game but still made excuses and went on with it for 3 months.

He´ll make many more mistakes throughout the season, but the guy isn´t stubborn which is important. It might be a good ting that he experienced a negative performance early, it´s part of the learning curve. Let´s see where we are in February before judging him.

We weren´t exactly playing prime MSN, so I was more disappointed in guys like Chiellini who didn´t organize or calm the situation during the 1st half. With a rookie coach, the senior players need to step up and help him during those moments and they didn´t.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Anything other than a top 2 place will be a massive failure. I think Atalanta will not reach last year's heights, and with the condensed schedule Atalanta, Lazio, Roma, Milan, and Napoli will all struggle with match fitness and injuries more than Juve and Inter.
Anything but the scudetto is a massive failure. Hell, Sarri won it despite his best efforts to throw it away.

Sendt fra min CLT-L29 med Tapatalk

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If he gets a win this weekend, that would be 7 points from 9, with a very tough start, as a brand new coach of a team with barely any pre-season training.

And tbh, I still liked what I saw in patches from yesterday’s game. The defence needs more work, he messed up his starting lineup and initial tactics, but we kept pushing for more goals, even at 2-2 and with 10 men. For me, the players look happy and have already bought into his methods. Still think we are the team to beat this season. Just remember, we started the game with essentially 5 of our starting players not in the lineup.
They looked calm too.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Anything but the scudetto is a massive failure. Hell, Sarri won it despite his best efforts to throw it away.

Sendt fra min CLT-L29 med Tapatalk
This.

Pirlo or not, I want no excuses. It's Juventus. We won so many Scudetti and that should not become a meh objective. It is hard to keep motivating players to win the title after winning so many years in a row, but hey, it's not like we changed plenty of the players so new blood should be hungry for wins and trophies.

Unless we win a CL getting below 1st place is a massive failure for this club. Sure, shit happens, but shit shouldn't happen when you have such an expensive squad with heavy wages.

I don't care about the potential in the upcoming years that lies in Pirlo. You get in Juve to win, not to prepare and shape players in order to sell them. If he fails to deliver huge objectives he should walk on his own. And one should not mix things. Even if fails as a coach fans should not be morons and forget what a beast of a player he was and how he performed at Juve.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Winning the Scudetto is a given as we practically have no one else with anywhere near the history or the resources. Not winning it would be worse than what Sarri delivered last year. At the same time, we know that overhauling the football philosophy of a team takes time and patience. As long as we continue to see progress in the team's mastery of the new style then I am satisfied.

When Pep took over City or when Klopp took over Liverpool you could see incremental improvement. If the Liverpool or City never improved beyond the level of these coaches first season then they'd have rightfully been called failures and given the sack (just like Sarri). I don't expect to win the CL this year but I 100% demand continuous improvement that indicates our chance for winning it is increasing not declining. These are same standards I held Sarri to

Jun 16, 2020
I could live with not winning the Scudetto, but it depends on some things. I want to see improvement and Pirlo using our young players, and secondly it depends on Inter/Lazio/Atalanta. If one of them has a miracle season it’s understandable. All of them and especially Lazio gave it away last year. Year before that competition was also very weak.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Talking about being patient with Pirlo or Scudetto or show him the door ... is something on the wire....

this season i can see Inter and maybe Atalanta could make it... then you have many tough matches with Milan, Napoli, Lazio ...

This season scudetto will be really really hard ...

and Pirlo still in the learning curve and you think guys the learning will stop once the typical formation is set .... ??!! Their are the duels between the coaches which will make a lot difference ....

i can see Conte outplay Pirlo even if he learned big deal .... I can see Inzaghi Lazio ... Poli Milan creates huge tactical problems which only solved with experience ...

i can see lower level coaches make it hard for us

eeh .... if some Tuzers think scudetto is coming from this you are in a fantasy guys ...

so Pirlo stays based on the development of his approach not on winning scudetto or not...

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Honestly tactics is overrated in top level football. Many times, a simple tactic with a group of super motivated and talented individuals is enough to win you games.

Just look at how France won the World Cup!
I firmly believe we have the talents (dybala CR7) and the motivation (McKennie AKA edgardavids)

The only thing that’s holding us back are toxic demoralized individuals like MDS DCOSTA ARTHUR KHEDIRA....these are the players that makes you not wanna train hard because they are getting paid while doing nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)