Andrea Pirlo (47 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
What are you basing this on?
He use to do hardly any talking on the field. When he talks, even in interviews, he's very quiet.

I remember seeing an interview once with Seedorf and he commented on how long it took him to understand Pirlo on the field as he doesn't talk, you have to read him and learn his subtle gestures to understand where the pass is going to go or where he wants you to be.

Buy on AliExpress.com

enzo

May 14, 2012
He use to do hardly any talking on the field. When he talks, even in interviews, he's very quiet.

I remember seeing an interview once with Seedorf and he commented on how long it took him to understand Pirlo on the field as he doesn't talk, you have to read him and learn his subtle gestures to understand where the pass is going to go or where he wants you to be.
So you say, when he was in SKY, Pirlo was just staring at the camera? Mute? Every fucking post-match analysis?

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Pirlo doesn't need to talk. One long stare and the player will piss his pants.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
You don't need to have a very animated behaviour (like Klopp for example) to be respected and understood. Zidane's behaviour is very mild and calm. Even his half time talk in Cardiff 2017 final was very calm and controlled. It actually has its strengths to see the calmness of your superior in a situation that can be perceived as desperate.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
We should get Lichtsteiner as an assistant do be the animated shit talker. Maybe they can bring their on field chemistry back to the dressing room :wine:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
He's actually a notorious shit talker and prankster
Yeah his book was a good read. Tortured gattuso to the point pirlo missed a game due to gattuso stabbing him with a fork. Great relationship.

I could imagine the phone calls to the players he wants out....they would be like...

Ring ring...
Khedira: "hi andrea"
Pirlo: "shut the fuck up and listen...you are shit old and always injured....pack your bags and fuck off out of the club now!"

- - - Updated - - -

By the way if lippi came in as some sort of mentor I see that only as a positive. he won it all as a manager and could only improve the club further.

As for ADP, I have never thought of him coaching. I see him being one of the hierarchy at the club one day. He just needs to give up riding around LA and enjoying the LA sun.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
My only concern is that Agnelli appointed him for financial reasons and not for his ideas.
Can't be much worse than the Tuscan hobo though.
Actually Agnelli wanted Zidane at first place.When he understood that it would be a long negotiating process than he appoints Pirlo.So,I don't think that it's for finansial reasons.Zidane isn't cheap.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004

There is a real misconception around the characteristics of a good leader and there isn’t only one way someone can become a good leader. A lot of the time it’s not what a leader says that’s important - it’s what they don’t say.

I think of the people in my company in senior roles, a lot of them have got there by being brash, loud, self proclaiming and borderline aggressive - but these people aren’t good leaders and they don’t inspire their people. No one wants to work for them.

I wouldn’t mistake Pirlo’s quiet demeanour as a weakness - particularly as a head coach. The instant respect he will command from his playing days will give him a foot up and from reading his book and reading into people opinions on him it is clear he is a very intelligent and diligent person with an eye for detail.

People are massively over complicating the role of a football manager. Experience doesn’t = success and neither does a successful playing career.

The role of a football manager requires someone who understands the game and can devise theoretical plans. They are a facilitator of their players skill sets. Pirlo’s job is to set the team and the players up in a way that harnesses their potential. Allegri said it throughout his tenure - systems and theory aren’t the important things, it’s reading the game and getting your players to understand how to interpret the match.

Pirlo was such a fantastic reader of the game as a player, one of if not the best. There were few who understood and could see 3/4 steps ahead like him, Zidane, Xavi and possibly Scholes in my lifetime.

He has everything needed to do well. We’re in good hands

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

I dont get why people dont have the impulse control enough to not click reply, with posts like these. Are you addicted to looking like a total mental midget?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)