• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
@Bianconero_Aus

‘Pirlo to Australia? Maybe…’
By Football Italia staff

The man who helped seal Alessandro Del Piero’s move to Sydney wants Andrea Pirlo to play in Australia if he leaves Juventus.

Lou Sticca was an intermediary in the deal which saw Del Piero move to the A League after leaving Juventus in 2012, and wants to do the same for Pirlo.

“Andrea has a contract with Juventus for another season,” Sticca told Tuttomercatoweb.

“As a Juventino, and I say this in all sincerity, I’d like him to stay at Juventus, as he’s an idol for everyone.

“The reason I’m in Italy is clear, if Andrea decided to leave Italy for other markets and leagues - and I’ll only move if that happens - I want to plant the seeds to get him to Australia.

“Everyone knows that New York City [in MLS] are in the lead, but I’m here to put forward Australia as a consideration.

“What gives me hope is that he was in Australia with Juventus in 2014, and he’s already seen the country.

“I have some clubs interested, they have given me a mandate, but obviously I don’t want to name them. I’m here for my own reasons, I do a lot of work with the federation and the clubs in Australia.

“When I see the lad’s entourage then I’ll tell him the names of the clubs.

“My plan is simple, Andrea or nothing.

“Everything has been, and will do done, with respect for Juventus. I’m a Juventus fan, my goal is to get him to come to Australia, but only if he wants to leave Italy.”

Sticca praised Del Piero’s impact Down Under, but believes Pirlo could do even more for Australian football.

“Del Piero was the biggest thing for Australian football, Andrea could be even bigger.

“I’ll tell you why: Del Piero played for Juventus all his life, while Andrea has played for Milan and Juventus.

“The Bianconeri have the most fans in Italian football, and Milan are there just behind them. It would be a really big deal to bring the fans of those clubs together.

“There are so many big names in Australia which could repeat and enhance the ‘Del Piero effect’. Alex single-handedly brought allure to the A-League, football here is going to explode.

“We’ve made great strides, his [Pirlo’s] arrival would be the best thing for our football.”
:klin:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Wouldn't hurt to have him in a role like that tbh.
Me neither,But i think he will.

He is like Alex, they enjoy their football. Bench is not an option for players with a winning mentality like them, sadly, time is unforgiving.

He should go to the MLS and be a super star there. I dont think he will have the same hunger in juve, and will only hinder marchisio and force us to shift players just to play him.

Seriously, I love pirlo, who doesnt?. But unlike alex, pirlo plays at the very heart of our team, and the formation should be adapted for him to be selected. Its just too much for a soon to be 37. I think no even zidane was worth it at 37.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That's just too much for me to handle. :sigh:

My god, it seems like he has been here his whole career. That is how much of an impact he had in the time he was/is here.

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely nothing but love for this man. On the pitch, he was as every bit as important to bringing Juve back to where they belong.

Thank you so much Andrea. My Nephew and I look forward to seeing you in the MLS. The moment it is announced, we are each getting NYC FC jerseys with the #21. :touched:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Zizou was timeless bro. :)
Yeah in terms of quality, im prety sure he can still deliver better than a lot of current mids, but obvs his physical form would be shid. In modern football, with the high tempo it is played, we cant babysit a 37 years old..
There will be games tight as fuk where we will need sacrifice for everyone, and pirlo doesnt work like that. Before it was ok because he could decide the game in a flash, but now even that doesnt happen as frequent.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
His motivation for staying at the club would be having another crack at a CL title, and staying in a competitive league so that he gives himself the best possible shot at playing in the next Euros. I actually think it makes sense for him to stay based upon that alone. I imagine he will be considering the type of role that Xavi played this year, and considering the outcome for Xavi this season -- and at the end of the day, that might not sound so bad at all. He loves and is loved by this group.

This is an elite athlete who cares dearly about the top competitions. If he leaves now, he's basically saying goodbye to another crack at a major trophy. I don't think a 37 y/o MLS player is going to make that Italy squad, even if his name is Andrea Pirlo. Guess we'll see.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
That's just too much for me to handle. :sigh:

My god, it seems like he has been here his whole career. That is how much of an impact he had in the time he was/is here.

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely nothing but love for this man. On the pitch, he was as every bit as important to bringing Juve back to where they belong.

Thank you so much Andrea. My Nephew and I look forward to seeing you in the MLS. The moment it is announced, we are each getting NYC FC jerseys with the #21. :touched:
I'm just waiting for the official announcement. My bank account is ready.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)