Andrea Pirlo (53 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
quotes from today according to footballitalia.

Allegri: "I played him tonight because I needed someone in front of the defence who could slow the game down and keep the ball while Olympiacos pressed us.
Pogba: “Allegri tells me to run off the ball, but the problem is that I should be closer to Andrea, as otherwise I leave him on his own.”
bolded some points which I think most will agree on, regardless of context.

when Pirlo plays, Pogba and Vidal's movement are limited because they have to cover for him when we lose the ball, which leaves us with just 2 players up-front. with Marchisio infront of defence both Vidal and Pogba can go forward imo.

also why slow the game down if we aren't ahead, playing for a 0-0 draw???? :(

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
quotes from today according to footballitalia.

bolded some points which I think most will agree on, regardless of context.

when Pirlo plays, Pogba and Vidal's movement are limited because they have to cover for him when we lose the ball, which leaves us with just 2 players up-front. with Marchisio infront of defence both Vidal and Pogba can go forward imo.

also why slow the game down if we aren't ahead, playing for a 0-0 draw???? :(
am a designer and i don't understand the first quote ::stupido::

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
FFS Allegri. You don't put someone in to slow the game down when they press you. You take advantage of the fact that their defence is shit and you have no fear if they press you.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Benching an on-fire Marchisio for a "physically" past-it Pirlo is just criminal. I don't care how much of a Marchisio hater you are, but it clearly is.
:tup:
This team cannot afford having an old player with no pace like him. He is the last of the true registas, so he should step down as a great now, instead of looking like a clown.

icemaη;4721840 said:
@dann10, Please make a 'Welcome to Kerala Blasters' video please :D
:rofl: jahhahahaha

Pass master can no longer pass

Needs to be quickly rooted out from the team and this should be his last year with us

He's obviously regressing majorly with age. Thanks for everything but it's over.
Last season we saw the start of it..... now IMO it is a reality. I was pretty sure his contract dont needed to be extended for 2 more years,,,, he waayyy too old and a ticking bomb. My fears are becoming a reality. He needs to be phased out ASAP

:tup:

Finished, won't even get the chance to retire on a high
And is sad. I dont think he has turned crap from ay to night... but he just cannot be starting in this 352.Thats just a big NO.

FFS Allegri. You don't put someone in to slow the game down when they press you. You take advantage of the fact that their defence is $#@! and you have no fear if they press you.
Indeed.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Pirlo has given the ball away a lot in Europe recently, even against Celtic he was doing it towards our end. I think he's really past it, but that doesn't mean Marchisio is any better. Just another reason to change formation and mentality.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Pirlo has given the ball away a lot in Europe recently, even against Celtic he was doing it towards our end. I think he's really past it, but that doesn't mean Marchisio is any better. Just another reason to change formation and mentality.
In a sense the formation hampers him i think. It is just too static.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
That's no excuse for trying to the pass the ball five meters ahead and hitting your own player who's right in front of you, bounces off him to start a counter attack for your opposition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)